- SWARTZFAGER, THORP posted by Corrine Nelson on Sunday, February 1, 1998
- I am searching for any information about the David SWARTZFAGER family. He was born 20 March 1871 in Tionesta, PA and died 16 Jan 1958. He was married to Rosa THORP and they had eight children: Joseph, John, George, Charles, Edward, Emma, Stephen, and Mary. Thanks!
- CORBETT, WYNKOOP posted by Tom Wilbur on Monday, February 9, 1998
- John WYNKOOP, 1799-1859, married Elizabeth CORBETT, 1801-1878. In 1860, she was widowed and in Millstone, Forest County. Can anyone tell me more about this family and relatives?
- HINDMAN, MANROSS posted by James Hindman on Sunday, February 15, 1998
- George S. HINDMAN was described in the 1890 History of Elk, Forest and McKean Counties as a farmer of P. O. Whig Hill, who married Matilda MANROSS of Venango County. George S. HINDMAN was originally from Armstrong County, son of William and Mary Long HINDMAN. His brother, William S. Hindman, was my grandfather. Would like to find out if George S. was buried in Forest County, and if so, at what cemetery. Also desire any information about children of George and Matilda.
- GASTON posted by Audley Gaston on Friday, February 20, 1998
- Seeking living descendants of Glenmar Gale GASTON (b.1859), who was living in Tionesta PA, in 1901. Glenmar was the s/o William Grover GASTON who had lived in Cochranton PA.
- BEAMER, CAINATTHAN, CARNATHAN posted by Leona Gibbs on Friday, February 20, 1998
- Would like info on Clara B. (Birdie) CARNATHAN born 10-29-1865 at Cranberry ? Venango co Pa. She married John Henry BEAMER of Oil City at Walkeno . She died at Freeport Pa 3-8-1906. Need to find her parents names. Any relatives out there? She was my great-grandmother.
- BROMLEY, LANDERS, OVERMYER, WILLIS posted by Dixie Gurdak on Tuesday, February 24, 1998
- I am seeking information on the BRAMLEY family from Forest County. I believe there may be a connection with my grandmother's family. The Forest County history by Ronald Childs lists (p.192) "Archibald and James M. Bromley were both killed at Bull Run." My great granfather's name was James and may have been a descendent. Also on p.471 there is a listing for a Birdie BROMLEY, daughter of William & Hannah (Overmyer) BROMLEY marrying Charles E. LANDERS. (My grandmother's name was Birdie or Birdenia-making the possibility of a connection even greater.) My James BROMLEY married an Addie WILLIS form near Grand Valley, PA in Warren County and they lived most of their lives in Spartansburg Twp, Crawford County. As Harmony Twp. of Forest County is so close to Warren County I feel this might just be the lead I need. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
- PLOWMAN, SHAFFSTALL posted by Ken Gibbons on Wednesday, February 25, 1998
- Thomas PLOWMAN lived briefly in Forest County. He was killed in the Civil War. Where would he have signed up? I would like to find the name of the regiment in which he served in order to send for his papers. A separate Forest County query has to do with the name SHAFFSTALL. Parents Aaron and Eliza Ann are buried in Rose Cemetery. What happened to their children: Emma, Rebecca, Franklin, and Frederick?
- ALLIO, COTHERMAN, LAVAN posted by Bonnie Schulz on Friday, March 6, 1998
- Infromation needed on Joseph ALLIO, of Redbrush, Forest Co PA.
- HEATH posted by Larry Johnson on Thursday, March 19, 1998
- I'm researching Kory HEATH and family from 1900 census in Forest County, Tionesta. His wife was Alice and one daughter Winifred V. Kory was born in 1867, Alice in 1874,and Winifred in 1898. They lived on May Street. Any info please contact me. Thanks!
- ELLSWORTH, HEATH, YOUNG posted by Arlene Fletcher on Saturday, March 21, 1998
- I am looking for Marvin HEATH, married Mary ELLSWORTH (sp?), or Albert Henry HEATH, married Della Myrtle YOUNG, from Clinton County, or any of their family. Have you run across these names? If so, would you please e-mail me? Thank you.
- MCKOWN, PETTIGREW posted by Jean Jeschke on Monday, March 23, 1998
- Looking for information on Samuel MCKOWN and his wife Anna Alena (Lana) PETTIGREW who were living in Forest County with their children Clara , Sherman, and George in 1870. George later became the barber in Tidioute. Any help appreciated.
- BARROT, THOMAS posted by Christine Barnett on Friday, March 27, 1998
- My grandfather was Camille Alphonse BARROT. According to his french death certificate he was born in Teidelburg Pensylvanie, in North America on 7 December 1894. His parents were: Francois BARROT and Marie Rosalie Anne THOMAS. It is my belief that he was born in Pensylvania (possible Forest County) while his french parents were visiting the United States. After his birth they returned to France. I wonder if you might check to see if there is a certificate of birth registered in your court house records. Any assistance will be appreciated.
- BRYDEN, MASON, MCCLELLAND, PURVIANCE posted by Janita Ponze on Saturday, March 28, 1998
- Looking for information on the William MASON (b. 1830s, d 1892) family. William was a lawyer and also participated in the gold rush. He married Agnes PURVIANCE McCLELLAND of Venango Co. and they must have moved to Tionesta, Forest Co. because one of their sons (my great-grandfather, James BRYDEN MASON) probably was born there around 1856 (according to my grandfather Scott's birth certificate). Childen of this family: James Bryden, Alfred, Annalana, William, and Robert Lee Mason.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Forest County Home Page
(c) Forest County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project