James M. Church
JAMES M. CHURCH, farmer, P. O. East Hickory, was born in Hickory township, Forest Co., Penn., December 7, 1855, and is a son of Ira and Philema (Barnes) Church, who settled in Hickory township in 1842. He was reared and educated in his native township, where, with the exception of three years he lived in Iowa, he has always resided. In 1880 he married Priscilla, daughter of George W. and Elizabeth Bell of Armstrong county, Penn. Mrs. Church is a member of the Free Methodist Church. Mr. Church is a popular young farmer, and has lived on the farm he now occupies since 1881. In politics he is a Republican, and has held the office of collector and assessor of his township two years.
Source: Page(s) 944, Chapter 15 Biographical Sketches - Tionesta Township and Borough of Tionesta
Hickory and Harmony Townships
History of Counties of McKean, Elk and Forest, Pennsylvania.
Chicago, J.H. Beers & Co., 1890.
Transcribed December 2005 by Nathan Zipfel for the Forest County Genealogy Project
Published 2005 by the Forest County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project
Return to Forest County Home Page
(c) Forest County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project