Settled in 1836 Formed in 1844 from Sergeant Township in McKean County Named for pioneer landowner, Andrew M. Jones Lumbering was important Tannery industry put Wilcox, the largest village in the township, on the map Lumbering is still a viable occupation in the area.
1850 Census for Jones Township
Select Cemetery Transcriptions
Villages and Towns
- Glen Hazel
- Straight Creek - lots of photos
- Wilcox - The Wilcox tannery, established in 1865, was at one time the largest in the world. The tannery, however, no longer exist.
Return to the Elk County Home Page
(c) Elk County Genealogy Project