Elk County, PA
Posted Queries for October 2000
- SHELLEY posted by Patricia Shelley on Sunday, October 1, 2000
- Looking for any information on Fred W. Shelley who mave have died in Brockport Pa. in 1922. He was married to Myrtie Alden, they had several children, two of whose names were Van Alden Shelley and Wayne Shelley.
- CLOVER, EDDINGER, GEORGE posted by Linnea on Thursday, October 5, 2000
- I am looking for anyone else working on the EDDINGER or GEORGE families of Elk County.
John Irving GEORGE was the son of John and Rosina. He was born about 1860 in Elk County (I find them in Spring Creek TWP in the 1870 census). In 1888 he married Hila Olive Clover in Jefferson Co, She was the daughter of John Clough CLOVER and Lydia E. SMITH.
In 1910, I find John and Hila in ED 053 in Elk Co. Living with them are the following children: Robert E. Age 16; Harry W. 20; William E, 15; Blyth H, 9; Rosa E, 7: Alice B, 4; John E, 2; Lottie M and Lawrence. Mother-in-Law Lydia E. Clover was living with them.
Robert E. GEORGE married Alice EDDINGER about 1918. In 1910, I find an Alice EDDINGER daughter of John and Ida May EDDINGER living in Enumeration District 53 of Elk Co. Alice is listed as being 7 years old. Inlcuded in the census are other children Alma, 15; Addie, 12; Burt,9 and Raymond 2.
- BARBER, BLOOM, HANSCOM, HICKS, MOREY posted by Linda Hicks Valetta on Monday, October 9, 2000
- Fred C. Bloom was born in Dents Run September 1892. He was the son of Will(William or Poe) Bloom and Millie (Mildred, Amelia)Morey. He died from a gun shot in Bennezette September 20, 1903 at age 11 years and 16 days. He was shot at the home of a cousin with the last name of Keller. This was the brother of my grandfather Sherman Bloom. I would like any information I can get on this family. The death records say that he died on Sept 20th but they also say that date of Interment was Sept 6, 1903. Linda
- EHRENSBERGER posted by Michael Ehrensberger on Saturday, October 14, 2000
- I'm having a spot of trouble with my family tree. Does anyone out there know what city in Germany the Ehrensberger's actually came from?I met someone on-line who may be able to patch up any missing links, but he wants a city in Germany. Btw, he has the family back through the 1100's, so whatever help you can give me I'll gladly share whatever I gleen from him.
- LAUER, NIEBAUER posted by Jean A. Blackwood on Sunday, October 15, 2000
- I understand that Elk county was settled by an organized group of German immigrants in the 1840s. I would like to learn more about this group and where they came from in Germany, why they chose Elk county, whether many remained, anything at all. Thanks.
- EICHENMUELLER, GEITNER posted by Paul Geitner on Tuesday, October 17, 2000
- Hello, I am trying to find out where in Germany my great-great grandfather George Geitner was from. The most I could find from Census records is Bavaria, but no hometown. Also would like to know where his wife, whose maiden name was Eichenmueller, was from. She arrived in the U.S. with Terrissa, but married George Geitner in St. Mary's. I haven't been able to find a marriage record, though. The entry below is from 1850 Census, the earliest where they are mentioned. I believe they arrived in 1843, but unsure where their ship landed. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul
29 George Geitner 37 GER
Elizabeth 34 GER
John B. 3 PA
John 1 PA
Terrissa 5 GER
- FORD, MCCLAIN posted by Bill Anderson on Thursday, October 26, 2000
- Looking for Ford McClain History Arthur Ford born 11-3-1888 died April 1974 lived last years in Johnsonburg Pa. married Mary McClain ???? ???? Mary's Father was Thomas McClain
- BAXTER, BRUNNER, GAUSMAN, HOFFMANN, SCHISSLE, WEIS posted by Kate Micco on Saturday, October 28, 2000
- I'd like to inquire about St. Mary's. My Great Grandfather practiced medicine there about 1883-1891. His name was Dr. Joseph Henry Hoffmann. He rented a home from Karl Schissle at the corner of Centre and St. Michael Streets. His wife's name was Josephine Baxter Hoffmann. She joined him there 1886. They had a son Norbert born 12/27/1886 and a daughter Beatrice born 4/6/1889.
The family bought a house from Henry Gausman on "Mill Street Corner & Virginia Alley" and had an office "to room over Weis & Brunners(or Brunness?) Store Corner of St. Mary's & Mill Streets"
- BRINDLE, BRODY, DILL, STAUFFER, WHITMAN, WOODS posted by Kate Micco on Saturday, October 28, 2000
- Descendants of Louis Jerome Woods
Generation No. 1
1. LOUIS JEROME3 WOODS (JOHN2, MICHAEL1) was born June 17, 1878. He married JULIA BRINDLE 1903 in Sacred Heart Church St. Mary's, Pennsylvania, daughter of JOHN BRINDLE and FRANCIS.
More About LOUIS JEROME WOODS:
Associations:: Prominent Member of the Crystal Hose Co. First Assistant Foreman per news clipping Occupation: Photographic Business in St. Mary's per news clipping 5/14/03
Notes for JULIA BRINDLE:
Check spelling of Brindle
1850 Elk Co. Pa Census
?John Breindel 38 GER
Osella 40 GER
John 12 GER
Simon 3 PA
Mary 6/12 PA
Children of LOUIS WOODS and JULIA BRINDLE are:
2. i. ETHEL JULIA4 WOODS, b. February 28, 1904.
ii. RUTH ANN WOODS, b. May 14, 1905; d. October 19, 1927.
iii. DOROTHY ROSE WOODS, b. August 14, 1907; d. November 1982, St. Mary's Pennsylvania; m. FRED BRODY, April 04, 1932.
iv. LUCY JOSEPHINE WOODS, b. July 27, 1909.
v. FRANCES C. WOODS, b. January 30, 1911.
vi. JEROME J. WOODS, b. July 15, 1913; d. September 01, 1990, ftm.
vii. PAUL WILLIAM WOODS, b. July 04, 1916; d. June 1980, ftm.
viii. ZITA MARIE WOODS, b. August 19, 1918; d. May 07, 1996, St. Mary's, Pennsylvania; m. CORNELIUS STAUFFER, July 03, 1947.
Generation No. 2
2. ETHEL JULIA4 WOODS (LOUIS JEROME3, JOHN2, MICHAEL1) was born February 28, 1904. She married EDWIN WHITMAN September 24, 1930, son of JOHN WHITMAN and MATILDA DILL.
More About ETHEL JULIA WOODS: Residence: 1930, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
- SIECKER posted by Kim Myles on Tuesday, October 31, 2000
- My Great Great Grandmother was Sophia Siecker Fritz, looking for info on Henry her brother, sister Eliz Young, I have some info on Joe and Al, and her sister Mary Mallison.
Return to the Archived Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Elk County Home Page
(c) Elk County Genealogy Project