Elk County, PA
Posted Queries for September 2000
- ROGERS, THOMPSON, WANTZ posted by Judith Heald on Monday, September 4, 2000
- Peter THOMPSON (1812-1897) was born in Centre County and died in Elk County. Spent much of his life in Clearfield and Jefferson Counties. His first marriage was to Sarah F. KYLER in 1836 (no children). Second to Eliza DIXON or DICKSON in 1842 (one child, Prochorus Milo THOMPSON (1843-1926). Third marriage to Hannah ROGERS in 1846. Children of third marriage born between 1848 and 1868 were: Mary Elvira, Herbert, Eugene Alvin (married Minnie FRANTZ of Ridgeway), Gilbert, Simon, Jane, Eliza, Reuben, Ida, Ada, George, Manfred, and Mervin.
My g-grandparents are Prochorus Milo THOMPSON and Martha Jane MOORE.
Peter THOMPSON's parents are Robert THOMPSON and Catherine WANTZ.
- MAXWELL posted by Joanne Maxwell on Monday, September 4, 2000
- I am searching for details of Joseph E. Maxwell and William Maxwell. I have an obit which I think may be from Pennsylvania,it states that in 1881 William moved to Elk County to live with his brother Joseph. He was ill and admitted to Ridgway hospital .He lived on South Saint Mary's street. I am wondering does this at all sound as if it could first of all be Pennsylvania was there a Ridgeway Hospital there? Was there also a large lumber industry? Thank you in advance for any help.
- BEUHLER posted by John Beuhler on Wednesday, September 6, 2000
- I am interested in any information on the Beuhler surname. Particularly how did "Beuhler Corner" get it's name.
- CRAIG, GROLL, MCHENRY, SLIGHT posted by Donna on Wednesday, September 6, 2000
- I'm a distant relative looking for other relatives of Sr. Mary Ann CRAIG...recently moved to Florida but has family in St. Mary's PA. Have lost touch for nearly a year.
Mary Ann's mother was Monica G. McHENRY, born St. Mary's 1908. (Mary Ann told me she descended from the GROLL and SLIGHT families of St. Mary's). Mary Ann's father was Clement R. CRAIG, born British Guiana 1887. Mary Ann (born ca 1939) and her parents lived in Philadelphia.
Monica McHENRY had an older sister named Frances. She married and had 3 boys and a girl in St. Mary's. One of the children is named Mary Jane, and she has a family of 5 in St. Mary's. Another is named Richard and has a family of 2 in Smethport PA.
- BENEDICT, CARPENTER posted by Janice Taylor on Monday, September 11, 2000
- I am searching for information on Edith CARPENTER. She married Albert Dempster Benedict in 1859.
They are listed in the 1860 Census of Elk Co. in Spring Creek Twp. They had a male child living with them by the name of A.S. Carpenter, so CARPENTER may be Edith's married name by a previous husband.
Edith had Uretta Marie Benedict on 20 Oct 1860. Edith died either in child birth or shortly thereafter. I would like to know any and all info on Edith CARPENTER. I would especially like to know if she is buried in Elk CO. Pennnsylvania. Any information on her would greatly be appreciated!
- ENGLISH posted by Leslie Keney on Wednesday, September 13, 2000
- Harry English b. circa 1846 in PA or NY, maried Loretta ? b. 1857 in PA. In 1880 they lived in Caledonia, Elk Co where Harry was a blacksmith. Their daughters were Dora (b.1875), Ella (b.1877) and June (b.1879). Ella was my great grandmother. She married Harry Patterson in Benezett 1897. Is anyone related to this line?
- REED posted by Donna Dietrick on Tuesday, September 19, 2000
- I am looking for information on Clarence Reed, married to Katherine Fledderman. They lived in Rathbun for a time where he worked on the railroad, then moved to St. Marys. He was part Indian. His parents were, Levi (born in Bradford) and Elizabeth Reed. Any information would be appreciated!
- CARNEY, HOLLOBAUGH, MCMANUS posted by Melinda Moose on Friday, September 22, 2000
- My father was Donald R. Hollobaugh,born July, 1933 Armstrong Co. His father was Michael Don Hollobaugh born Oct. 1904. MY great grand father was Michael (Dykes) Hollobaugh, he married an Agnes McManus (Lowman) and she had twins in 1904 my grandfather and a little girl (Dollie) who died as an infant. I have no futher information on my Great Grandfather he passed in a mining accident in 1904 right before the twins were born, anyone with any information, it would be GREATLY appreciated. He doesn't seem to have exhisted only that I have a name before he passed. I do not know his mothers name, fathers name, any other information. Someone out there must have some information, please help. Thank you
- BUSH, LABELLE, UTTER posted by Robin on Friday, September 22, 2000
- Looking for info on Anna LaBelle Bush. The daughter of Joseph and Mary LaBelle of Cameron Co. Probably born in 1880 to 1900. Thanks, Robin
- MCANDREW, PATRICK posted by Mike McAndrew on Saturday, September 23, 2000
- Trying to locate desendants of Patrick McAndrew, brother of Daniel McAndrew of Punxsutawney,PA. Patrick was born march 17, 1877 died approx. march 13, 1944. 44 year resident of St. Boniface, wife was Rose Entler, they had eleven children.
Return to the Archived Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Elk County Home Page
(c) Elk County Genealogy Project