Elk County, PA
Posted Queries for July thru August 2000
- LINSENBIGLER, SHRIVER posted by William Shriver on Saturday, July 1, 2000
- I am looking for descendants of Robert Benton SHRIVER (born 1861). He was the son of Andrew Jackson SHRIVER and Dernetta LINSENBIGLER. He may have been born in Armstrong County, but he is thought to have lived in or around Elk County. At least his father was buried in Elk County. I am a descendant of Robert Benton SHRIVER's younger brother John Andrew SHRIVER and I would like to establish contact with this other branch of our family.
- SHULER posted by Beverly Fish on Tuesday, July 4, 2000
- Looking for village in Germany of John Frederick Shuler (Aug.28, l845 - Apr. 4, l940) family emigrated to U.S. about l854, settled in Cleveland, NY to work in the glass factory there. John and his wife Catherine moved to Wilcox,PA about l880 where he was employed by the glass factory there. I believe John became a citizen about l870 before he moved to Wilcox.
- CAPOZZI posted by Steve Hermsmeyer on Wednesday, July 5, 2000
- I am trying to trace my Grandparents . They lived in Johnsonburg until the late 1940's. Their house on Second Avenue is still standing. My Grandfather Luigi worked for the railroad .
- FIELDS posted by Bill Geary on Sunday, August 6, 2000
- Looking for information on George N. Fields born in Elk County in 1872 The 1880 census for the Jones Township in Elk County lists the family of Alonzo Fields. There is a son George listed, and since there are no other Fields families in Elk county at that time, I assume that this is my ancestor. Alonzo is listed as having been born in New York, and his wife Clara is from Pennsylvania.
- GARDNER, RUMMER posted by Cindy Dudley on Monday, August 7, 2000
- I am looking for any connections to my husband's family. His paternal grandmother was Grace Ellen Gardner Dudley (1874-1936). She was born in Caledonia. Her father was John Gardner, born in Quebec, Canada about 1842. He was a lumberman and supposedly a pretty good boxer. His parents were both born in Scotland. Her mother was Amanda Rummer Gardner Blackman. She was born in PA, as was her mother, with her father being born in NY. Amanda and Grace are both buried in the Benezette, PA cemetery above the old schoolhouse. This is about all the info I have.
- BRACKENDORF posted by Debra Brown on Saturday, August 12, 2000
- Looking for anyone related to the Brackendorf's. My grandfather was Louis Brackendor and was born abt 1883 and died abt 1925. He married Mary Elizabeth Rainey in TX while he was in the Army there. They had 2 daughters and one was my mother. Any info will be appreciated. Please email me. Thanks.
- ALLEN, BLISS posted by Pat Morris on Tuesday, August 15, 2000
- Does anyone have any information on a marriage between Oscar Allen and Orlinda Bliss about 1857 in Elk County? Children were Loren L. and Lovie Elizabeth. Any information would be wonderful!
- CANDALORE posted by Mario Panetti on Saturday, August 26, 2000
- Looking for birth information for SUSAN CANDALORE, believed to have been born in WILCOX, PA, to the parents of RALPH and MARY CANDALORE. She was born on August 14, 1904.
In the same Canlalore family, I am looking for Susan's siblings. They are:
Maragret, born 1898
Bruno, born 1906
Samuel, born 1913 Also, two other sisters, Len and Antonette. I do not know the birth dates of these two.
- THOMPSON, VALENTINE posted by David Valentine on Sunday, August 27, 2000
- Thomas Valentine, Sr. was born in Canada in 1836/1837. He does not appear in the 1850 Benzinger Township census. He, a Presbyterian, married Mary Laumer, a Catholic, in Emporium on February 14, 1868. They lived and died in Saint Marys, PA. I am searching for any information which traces Mr. Valentine back to his place of birth in Canada. His surname may have changed from Thompson to Valentine at the time of his immigration to the US or shortly before he left Canada. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
- HOLLINGSWORTH, MURRAY posted by Dee Zito on Sunday, August 27, 2000
- Searching for information on John Murray (Murry) b. 12 Apr 1795 in Centre Co, d. 18 Mar 1876 Elk Co. John was married 1824 to Hannah Hollingsworth (Hollinsworth) b. 1806 in (what is now) Clinton Co, d. 1865, Elk Co. They settled in or near Benezette, Elk Co. They had 14 children, if my sources are correct, that included 3 sets of twins: Jane, William, Isaiah, Anne (or Kathryn?), John, twins Margaret & Mary, Hannah Amanda, Alma, twins Almina Elvina & M. Alzina, and twins Hannah Jenira & Matilda.
Would welcome any information regarding this family (ancestors or descendants), but am hoping to learn the names of John's siblings or parents. Would also like to know where John & Hannah are buried. Thanks for your time,
- FORCE posted by Kenneth Leonard on Sunday, August 27, 2000
- Looking for any one of the Force family that had the town and local farm named for them.
- CANDILORA posted by Mario Panetti on Tuesday, August 29, 2000
- On August 26, 2000, I posted an inquiry listing the suname as CANDALORE. I have since learned that the proper spelling is CANDILORA.
- GLANT, KUNZELMAN, WILSON posted by Donna Terrian on Tuesday, August 29, 2000
- Searching for any information re Margaret OLIVE WILSON, dau. of Robert Mccray WILSON, Elk Co.
Olive M. Wilson, age 4 (b.1866) appears in the 1870 Mifflin Co. (McVeytown) census with my g.g.grandparents(Henry Glant/Eliz. Glant). 1880 census states Olive as "granddaughter". Enumerator is John Atkinson Glant (b.1846), oldest son of Henry/Eliz. Glant. John A. Glant m. Minnie Kunzelman. Resided in Elk Co. / Ridgway 1880's. Trying to piece family together. And find Olive M. Wilson's PARENTS.
Return to the Archived Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Elk County Home Page
(c) Elk County Genealogy Project