Elk County, PA
Posted Queries for October thru November 1999
- HEINDL posted by Shirley Banta on Saturday, October 2, 1999
- My grandfather was Francis X HEINDL, married to Lena Mary. They lived in Dagus Mines, Fox Twp. She is listed as 38yrs. old at the time of the 1920 census. Would like to know her maiden name. Any information about the Heindl family would be appreciated. I was separated from my father when I was 10yrs. old and am trying to find my family. I am 66yrs old now. Thanks.
- BUNDY, CODER, JOHNSON, MERTON, MYRTEN posted by Sharon Ryan on Friday, October 8, 1999
- Samuel MYRTEN (MERTON) BUNDY married Mary Ellen Coder- June 27 1879..Daughter of James Coder and Mariah?... Samuel and Mary Ellen (Ella) resided in Keystone,Elk Co,Pa Children were: Clara, Warren,Reuben, Gladys Leona Bundy JOHNSON (My Grandmother)I"m stuck any help would be appriciated
- LEWIS posted by Harry Lewis on Sunday, October 10, 1999
- Looking for information about George Washington Lewis who lived at Medix Run, Jay Township, Elk Co. Pa. His wife was Flornia or Lovina. They had at least four childred. Thomas 1836, William 1841, Charles 1845, and Charity 1848. I am most interested in the father and mother and Charles who later lived in Jefferson Co..
- IRWIN posted by Shae Lipsey on Monday, November 1, 1999
- I am looking for information on the parents/siblings of my g-grandfather Warner Irwin of western PA. He was born July 7, 1873; married Minnie Meredith (marriage date unknown); died Feb. of 1968. If anyone has any info on either of them please email me.
- KUBLI, ROTH, STAHLI, THOMANN posted by Joan Glodde on Wednesday, November 3, 1999
- My g-grandparents were all from the Canton of Bern in Switzerland and settled in Ridgeway,Pa. in the late 1880's I would like to exchange information, and also gain more information.
- MARVIN, POLING, TOMPKINS posted by Ken Tompkins on Sunday, November 7, 1999
- I am seeking information about Edward Tompkins and Anna Poling. I believe they were living in Dagus Mines or Weedville around 1900. Anna Poling Tompkins divorced Edward Tompkins and married George Marvin.
- LARSON, LARSSON posted by Joan Cline on Wednesday, November 17, 1999
- I am looking for information on the following men and seeking possible descendants: (1) CARL VICTOR LARSSON (aka K. W. LARSON), born April 17, 1880 in Mo, Dalsland, Sweden. He emigrated from Goteborg April 20, 1898 with a ticket to Ridgway--to visit a cousin (name unknown). He traveled with Karl Johan Carlsson. (2) WALTER LARSON and MARTZ LARSON of Kersey, PA. They attended my grandfather's (John A. Carlson) funeral in Jamestown, NY in May, 1946. Believe to be relatives. THANK YOU!.
- DICKINSON, MAYO, SOUTHER, SOUTHERN, WILLIS posted by Cynthia Dickinson on Friday, November 19, 1999
- Looking for information regarding the following individuals" Albert Willis (founder of Ridgeway bank) Caroline Dickinson Willis (wife of Albert) Grace and Harriet Mayo Willis (children) Baker Dickinson (Daniel Baker Rice Dickinson) brother of Caroline Dickinsn Willis Henry Souther or Southern Founder of Ridgeway bank.
- GREENAWALT, LEBLANC, WHITE posted by T. Henderson on Tuesday, November 23, 1999
- Searching for information on my grandfathers family. He was born Harry A. White on Oct 1 1896 in Johnsonburg. The illigitimate son of Iva Jane Greenawalt and Joseph R. White. Joseph R. White was of mixed French Canadian and Indian race, and may have been a lumberjack. His surname may have been LeBlanc. Joseph was killed after a fight in a boarding house with Iva Jane Greenawalt's brother. This may have happened anytime after the birth date of Harry A., Possibly around 1897-1899. Any help any one can give me will be appreciated.
- BEVERIDGE, CAMBELL, PUNCHEON, ROBERTSON posted by David Myers on Thursday, November 25, 1999
- I am researching my mother's father and family. A David Puncheon and wife Jane (Cambell) Puncheon came to St. Marys area about 1869 from Scotland. There were four children already born in Scotland and several born later in St. Marys area. Two of the boys married Robertson girls and I am having trouble figuring out which family of Robertson they were from. Several Robertsons in the same immediate area had both a Jennie or Jane and a Meary. I know that the Robertson girls were also born in Scotland and came to the area as young girls. However, there are two families with a Jane and Meary both next door to each other and both recently from Scotland in the 1870 census. A marriage record for William Puncheon to Meary Robertson sometime in the 1870's would help...John Puncheon probably married his Jennie shortly after 1880. Both families moved to Mineral City Ohio in the 1880's where they opened a coal company and sold coal in Canton, OH.
- LAUER, NIEBAUER posted by Jean A. Blackwood on Monday, November 29, 1999
- Looking for any information about Clara Lauer, wife of Simon Niebauer, born ca. 1831 Bavaria? or Baden?; died March 4, 1858, Elk Co. Pa., probably St. Marys. Children Catherine, Michael, Peter. I would like to know if Clara (my g-g-grandmother) is buried in Elk County and anything about her family. Simon moved to Cambria County sometime before 1870..
- LIPSEY posted by Shae Lipsey on Monday, November 29, 1999
- Has anyone come across Thomas and Mary PAT(T)ERSON Lipsey in their family trees, or in any documents. They lived in Kersey in the late 1800's, early 1900's. Children: William Lloyd, Frances Raymond, Ellen Elizabeth, and John Paterson. All I know about them is that Mary was born around 1876 and Thomas died around 1919.
Return to the Archived Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Elk County Home Page
(c) Elk County Genealogy Project