Elk County, PA
Posted Queries for February 1999
- COLLINS posted by Virginia Borkowski on Monday, February 1, 1999
- William H COLLINS was born March 4, 1849 in PA. His parents were also born in PA. I know there were COLLINS in the Elk Co area at that time. This is my brick wall that i have worked on for many years. Please help. I need his parents name.
- NELSON posted by Walter Jankowski on Monday, February 1, 1999
- N. A. NELSON Studio in KERSEY I have picture of granparents that shows the name of N. A. Nelson as the studio from Kersey, PA. that took the picture. Was there such a studio there in Kersey, Elk County? Probably between 1885 and 1895. They came to Pa in about 1885 and are buried in Mercer County in 1896. They have a lot Mercer and Venango County ties. This is the only evidence that they were in Elk County if the location of the studio is correct.
- BONFARDIN, HARTMAN posted by Helen McKinney on Monday, February 1, 1999
- I am searching for Luigi BONFARDIN. His son, Joseph, was b.19 Sept 1907 d. in May 1995. Joseph m. Hazel Vonnie HARTMAN b. 1 Mar 1909 d. 1 Feb 1998. Would appreciate any information no matter how small.
- KENNEDY, LAWSON posted by Nancy Rudolph on Monday, February 1, 1999
- I would like your help in researching my great grandparents, Martin LAWSON and Anna KENNEDY LAWSON. I learned from her obitutuary notice 9/3/1922 in the Erie Times New that she was to be buried in Wardell (Wardett?)Cemetery in Johnsonburg. I've been unable to locate this cemetery through the I-net,but do remember going to a cemetery in Johnsonburg to "fix the graves" with my grandparents. They were Catholic and I have a strong suspicion her maiden name was Kennedy. I'd like to know where to write for birth/death certificates in Johnsonburg and if such a cemetery exists? Thank you very much.
- IDDINGS posted by Charles Rundstrom on Wednesday, February 10, 1999
- Seeking any information on Ralph Jay IDDINGS born in Kushiqua Inoct. 1889 died in Benezett in Dec. 1968 thank you
- MURRAY, PISTNER, WEIDERT posted by Sue Carns on Friday, February 12, 1999
- I would appreciate any information on the decendents of Joseph PISTNER and Magdeline WEIDERT PISTNER who came from Germany and settled in Rasselas sometime after 1844. My grandfather, William F. Pistner, was the son of Joseph and Magdeline. He was born in Rasselas in 1873, moved to Medix Run, became a barber, and married Lois MURRAY from Shawville, Clearfield Co. This family then moved to Dubois. Any information about the this Pistner family or any relatives would be most welcome. Also, can anyone tell me anything of the history of German migration to Elk Co. in general or to the Rasselas area in particular.
- BAKER, CASSELS, MULLEN posted by J. Bruce Hill on Saturday, February 13, 1999
- MULLEN - researching my wife's ancestors. Patrick Mullen from Kersey, came to this country from Ireland abt. age 15. Married to Mary BAKER from Binghamton, NY. Had the following children: Mary Brigetta b.7/18/1885, Kathryn, Anna, Agnes, Nellie, Elizabeth b.9/26/1900, John (died prior to 1932) and Margaret b. 3/15/1888. Mary Brigetta married John CASSELS in 1906. Patrick was thought to be a relative of the third Bishop of Erie, Tobias Mullen. J.Bruce Hill Chula Vista, CA
- GIEDL, MARSO posted by Mary Marso on Sunday, February 14, 1999
- Nicholas MARSO married Helena GIEDL in 1860 in Ridgway. They were Catholic, probably German speaking. Any help much appreciated
- CASPERSON posted by Karen Reed on Sunday, February 14, 1999
- Looking for birth information on Anna Elizabeth CASPERSON. Born June 18, 1890 in Ridgway, PA to John and Emma Casperson from Sweden. From Ridgway, they moved to Youngstown,Ohio. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks
- FOX, GALUSHA posted by Cathy Lipscomb on Monday, February 15, 1999
- I am currently doing research on my GGrandmother Catherine Priscilla FOX. She married Albert Ebward GALUSHA on Dec 25, 1899 in either Brookville PA or Corsica PA, But I was told that it was in Elk County. Catherine was the daughter of Henry and Margaret FOX. I don't have their birthdays and I don't have her mothers maiden name. I read through the 1850 census for Fox township and there was an Amos FOX. Catherine and Albert had a son called Amos. Albert was born on July 11, 1876 in Sugar Hill PA, and Catherine was born on Oct 22 1880. I am trying to find a Henry's parents and where he lived. I am also looking for the GALUSHA's. Albert's father's name was Franklin Pierce Galusha. My mother told me that my GGrandfather would walk 8 miles from the town he lived in to the town she lived in to court her. Catherine worked as an upstairs maid for a wealthly Doctor. Their first 4 children were born there before they left the area to go to West Virginia. If any of these names ring a bell I would appreciate a return note. THanks for your help! Cathy Lipscomb
- ECKL, FOSTER, HOFFMAN, WALBURGER, ZIMMET posted by DeVere McClaren on Monday, February 15, 1999
- I wish information about Joseph Adam ZIMMET b. 18 Sept 1868 and Edward(Eddy) Zimmet b. 30 Sept. 1870. Father Thomas Zimmet, mother Thersea FOSTER. Joseph and Edward were living with the ECKL family in the 1880 census of Elk county St Marys. Thomas married 2nd time to Julia HOFFMAN had daughter Mary WALBURGER b. 23 Sept.1873. Thomas father was Adam Zimmet who died 1870. Thomas later married 3rd time in Erie PA and then moved to KS and had five children DeVere E. McClaren 108 S. Court Ulysses Ks. 67880-2506
- AMACHER, GERTSCH posted by Patricia Leggate on Tuesday, February 16, 1999
- AMACHER my grandmother was Margaretha Amacher. Her family came from Bern Switzerland to Elk Co. She married Melchior GERTSCH from Sheffield. If anyone has and information on these families I would appreciate hearing from you.
- BEADLE, NIMROD, OLDKNOW, WARREN posted by Dawn Bentley on Saturday, February 20, 1999
- I'm researching the BEADLE line. Names I'm interested in (as well as any connection to the following names) are NIMROD BEADLE, Jesse and Anne OLDKNOW BEADLE as well as Jesse and Anne children: Henry, George, Robert, Mary, Emma, Mrs George Beadle WARREN. Henry and Robert BEADLE worked at Dagus Mines at the time of their mother Anne OLDKNOW BEADLEs death in 1901. Any info on her would be appreciated as well. Jesse BEADLE was in Shickshinny PA in early 1900's.
- EARLEY posted by TC Earley on Saturday, February 20, 1999
- I am looking for information about my GGGGrandfather and his family--Dr. Charles Richard (C.R.) EARLEY. He had sons, Marshall James, Frank and Charles B. They are buried in mausoleum in Ridgway and lived there from 1840's through the 1940's. Would appreciate any history or information about this family!
- JACKSON, LYNN posted by Nathan Zipfel on Thursday, February 25, 1999
- I'm wishing to coorespond with any descendents of Andrew JACKSON b in Buffalo NY in 1834 and died in Ridgway February 2, 1906. He was married June 18, 1857 to Emily J LYNN the daughter of Thomas Lynn. Andrew and Emily had the following children: Charles S b April 28, 1858 William b November 22, 1859 Mary A b May 9, 1862 Nannie J b August 22,1864 Orpha A b December 28, 1866 Robert J b May 12, 1870 George L b December 18, 1876 Maude P b September 27, 1879
- BEATON, BURFIELD, COOK, MAY posted by M. Burfield on Friday, February 26, 1999
- BEATON , BURFIELD, MAY COOK. The names are from my family that started in Emporium and St. Marys.
- AMACHER, COX, MONTGOMERY posted by Karen Haskett on Saturday, February 27, 1999
- Are there Any decendants of Ulrich Amacher married in1917 in Elk County to Julia Montgomery? Anyone who has any information on Amacher/Montgomery I hope to hear from you.
Return to the Archived Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Elk County Genealogy Project
? 2000 Elk County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project
Return to the Elk County Home Page
(c) Elk County Genealogy Project
Return to the Elk County Home Page
(c) Elk County Genealogy Project