Elk County, PA
Posted Queries for August thru September 1998
- ONEAL, SMITH posted by Sue Bemiller on Monday, August 3, 1998
- ONEAL / SMITH William Smith married Catherine O'Neal and they resided in Benezette Area. They had three children Geraldine Smith, Walter Smith and Henry Smith. I am searching for infomation on William H. Smith born in 1856 and died in 1929. Catherine O'Neal Smith born in 1870 and died 1936 in Benezette. They are buried in St. Cecelia's Cemetary, Benezette PA.
- WEICHT, WEIGHT posted by Barbara Camillo on Monday, August 3, 1998
- Looking for anyone by the name of WEICHT or WEIGHT. Thank you.
- CARMAN posted by Judy Turner on Monday, August 3, 1998
- Looking for information on Hiram and Elizabeth CARMAN and family who were the founders of Carman, PA about 1858.
- CLINE, KAYLOR, KLEIN, KYLER, MALICK, MELLICK posted by Peggy Corrie on Tuesday, September 1, 1998
- KYLER possible other spellings, perhaps with a C instead of K. My ggrandfather, J. (John/Jacob called by both) Henry KYLER; his d cert states: "b 6/14/1850, he d 12/14/1914 at Cassville (Huntingdon Co) PA; his parents (bel both b in PA) as Polly and Benjamin". There was no maiden name for Polly, and no place of b for J. Henry. J. Henry's oldest son, (my grandfather) was Benjamin Willis Kyler. A family Bible gives: J Henry b 6/14/1848. Was he a desc of the first KYLER to now Clearfield Co PA ? Looking at census records there are several (in PA) Benjamin KYLER's with sons the right age ? I would appreciate any hints to find parents of J. Henry. I will gladly share! I do have further back on other lines. My info is on paper, will need your PO mail address. Please contact me: Peggy Corrie, 25 Sycamore Ct. W., Homosassa, FL 34446 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org Could he have been b in Bedford, Cameron, Elk, Fulton, Cambria, Centre, Cumberland, Juniata, Mifflin or Somerset or ?? Co in PA ? Or was he b in another state ?? Could he be desc from Araminta (MALICK/MELLICK or CLINE/KLEIN) and Benjamin KAYLOR/KYLER of Shiloh, OH (there in mid 1800) ?? Thanks so much for any hints to help me, Peggy
- DURANDETTI posted by Michelle Doutrich on Tuesday, September 1, 1998
- I am looking for my Great Great Grandmother, Catherine (Catharina) Martin DURANDETTI. She died April 10, 1906 in Rassellas, Elk County. Death certificate mentions a Klein, either funeral home director or coroner. I believe they lived in Jones Township. Can anyone help me with this?
- HIMES, RIETZ posted by Deborah Himes on Tuesday, September 1, 1998
- Searching for information on Joel & Elizabeth(RIETZ) HIMES.I know they were in Springcreek Twp. for the 1880 census. Later moved to Porter Twp. Jefferson Co. He was a laborer. Boarding with Joel & Elizabeth was Mary E Reitz and Thomas Uriah. Looking for information on Joel and Elizabeth prior to 1880
- MCCRACKEN, WOODRING posted by Judy Leeson on Tuesday, September 1, 1998
- MCCRACKEN/WOODRING in Benezette or anywhere in Clearfield Co. Henry McCracken married Nora Woodring...any descendents please notify me. The children of this marriage were: Martha, Thurman, George, Hillard, Bannard, Lealand, Helen and Twila. Any decendents of these children please notify me...thank you.
- MITCHELL posted by Shannon Rathbun on Tuesday, September 1, 1998
- I am looking for any information about William MITCHELL born about 1790 at Pennsylvania. He worked on a riverboat from Penn. down the Miss. William married Janes Hines at Ross County, Ohio and later moved to Marion County, Ohio where they ran a hotel. If anybody has information about this family, contact me at the e-mail above.
- KETT, REID posted by Ron Reid on Tuesday, September 1, 1998
- G-grandfather John S. REID brought wife Susan KETT and family from Hazelhurst to Glenhazel about 1889 and bought sawmill. Grandfather David Stanley REID born in Glenhazel May 13, 1890. Grandfather's brother John Franklin Reid drowned in Mill pond in 1896 and after that family moved back to Canada. Looking for historical info on Glenhazel and location of local records.
- BROWN, JACKSON posted by Leah Rudy on Tuesday, September 1, 1998
- Looking for any information on the family of James BROWN, born in England 1818 - 1883, he married Mary Tenet (?) 1828 - 1913 They had a son Joseph T. Brown, born Elk County, Pa on April 2, 1866. Other children were William, George and Mary Jane. Joseph married Jane Anne JACKSON, born Jan.18, 1869 in Leeds, England. James Brown came from England and changed his name, it had been Thompson. Does anyone know anything of this family, has anyone seen a cemetery listing for James and Mary Brown? Could someone check for a birth record for Joseph T. Brown. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Leah
- SCHRATZENSTALLER posted by Mary Stevenson on Tuesday, September 1, 1998
- I'm trying to find information about Terrissa and Magdalena SCHRATZENSTALLER they lived near St Mary's in the 1850's Daughters of Florian Schratzrnstaller. I do know their brother was killed in 1874 but have no info of them. would appreciate any help with that family name.
Return to the Archived Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Elk County Home Page
(c) Elk County Genealogy Project