Elk County, PA
Posted Queries for June thru July 1998
- ALEXANDER, FLEEK, WYGANT posted by Sue Fardink on Monday, June 1, 1998
- Looking for information on Henry ALEXANDER and Jennie FLEEK of Blooming Valley, Pa., They were married Feb. 8, 1876 at the home of her father David FLEEK., they were married by James WYGANT. Have marriage cert. need infomation on relatives.
- CASSELS posted by Mary Ellen Hill on Monday, June 1, 1998
- CASSELS, Beverly. Daughter of William Harrison Cassels, granddaughter of William Harrison Cassels. Great grandparents James and Anna (Belle) Cassels.
- DERING, WINSLOW posted by Virginia Hoffman on Monday, June 1, 1998
- WINSLOW, Harvey. For those researching surname WINSLOW, I stumbled onto Harvey WINSLOW, probably son of Ebenezer WINSLOW shown in 1850 Benezette. If this is correct match, Harvey moves to Taylors Falls, Chisago Co., Minnesota - shown in 1870 MN Federal Census. I am researching DERING and found one of Henry DERING son's in Taylors Falls in 1870. DERING and WINSLOW lived next to each other in 1850 Elk Co. PA. If your reseach shows any additional info on DERING (Henry, son Edward G, Charles,...) I would love to be informed as I am a descendent of Henry DERING.
- HEWITT, MOYER, PEARSALL, WILSON posted by Lois Jordan on Monday, June 1, 1998
- Seeking information concerning Annie MOYER, to Toby who married Ebenezer Franklin HEWITT. Franklin was a Methodist Minister and was preaching in Fox Twp. in 1873. Sometime after that date Annie and Franklin moved to Kansas. Their children were Mrs. Lizzie WILSON, Mrs. Samantha PEARSALL, Thomas Hezekiah and Olive. Does anyone know the parents of Annie and Franklin?
- LUCHS posted by Robert John Luchs on Monday, June 1, 1998
- I'm looking for family members with the last name LUCHS. My father was Herman Ralph Luchs, son of Catherine Luchs. I know of two cousins, Margaret Luchs REED; and Mary Luchs both of Ridgway (Montmorenci Road). My father was born in Gadmen, Canto Berne, Switzerland and came to Arroyo, Pa. in 1901 with his mother, Catherine. Both are buried in Ridgway in different cemeteries.
- DUNCAN, MILLQUEST posted by Richard on Monday, June 1, 1998
- I am looking for information on the MILLQUEST families from Elk County. My mother Ruth Millguest married Martin DUNCAN and moved to many locations before ending up in Armstrong County. Martin died in 1982 and Ruth died 1997. I would appreciate any information on her parents or on any others in this family.
- MCQUADE, RILEY posted by Joanne Shernesky on Monday, June 1, 1998
- Looking for info relating to Phillip RILEY / Mary Catherine MCQUADE family. Both born Ireland.
- SONNEY, STROMBERG, TRIMBLE, WILSON posted by John Sonney on Monday, June 1, 1998
- I am looking for information on the SONNEY's, TRIMBLE's, WILSON's, and STROMBERG's. I will be happy to share any information that I have..
- SCHRATZENSTALLER posted by Mary Stevenson on Monday, June 1, 1998
- Does anyone know anything about an accident on a train where Martin SCHRATZENSTALLER might have been killed? He had operated a sawmill in the St Marys area. It was around 1874.
- DEEMER, DEMMER, TRUMP posted by Kimberly Ayers on Wednesday, July 1, 1998
- I neeed info on Maria DEEMER who had a son abt 1960/1963 who lived in ELk Co at the time . Maria m: Harry TRUMP after his birth.They may have lived in Williamsport PA at one time. The boy(name unknown)my be my half brother. Maria had a brother named Davie DEMMER.
- FISHER, PFARR, STIBICH posted by Susan Banks on Wednesday, July 1, 1998
- My great great great grandfather, Adam STIBICH and his wife Margaret FISHER STIBICH came from Bavaria Germany in 1845 and settled as farmers in St. Mary's. I know he had one son, Joseph STIBICH, born in 1827 in Bavaria who married a Margaret PFARR. Adam Stibich is buried in Altoona Pa. I am looking for more more children that Adam and Margaret might have had. Adam and Margaret's grandson (my great-grandfather) was John Lawrence Stibich who lived in Johnstown and ran the Goenner Brewery in the 1890's to early 1900's. Many of the Stibichs settled in Cambria County, especially Johnstown. Any Elk County information on the Stibichs would be greatly appreciated.
- MINKHAUS posted by M. Borst on Wednesday, July 1, 1998
- MINKHAUS: Francis, uncle to my great-great grandmother Gertrude Lutman, who emigrated from Hanover, Germany in 1856. Francis was known to be living in St. Marys, Elk County at that time. Any information about Francis or his family and descendents is appreciated.
- CARLSON, PETERSON posted by Margie Nelson on Wednesday, July 1, 1998
- Anna PETERSON, Oscar CARLSON, John and Mathilda Peterson and son Charles. I am looking for info on my grandmother, Anna Peterson,born in Dagus Mines on Aug. 28,1890. Her parents were John and Mathilda and her brother was Charles. Anna married Oscar Carlson and they resided in Jamestown, New York until her death in 1948. Her brother Charles was residing in Pittsburg at the time of her death. Her parents were from Sweden.Where can I get more information? Any family out there? Any friends out there who may have know of them?
- NORTUM posted by Barbara Nortum on Wednesday, July 1, 1998
- My husband's father, Orie Adison NORTUM, was from Johnsonburg, Pa. He left that area and moved to Washington state, the only one of the NORTUM family to go West. He lived there for many years before his death in 1973 at the age of 85 years old. In 1969, my husband, Merle William, with the nickname of "Nick", took his Dad to Johsonburg to visit the NORTUM clan. Nick met his aunts, uncles, and cousins on that trip but has lost track of names, addresses, etc. We would like to track down the NORTUM family and its history. We have not been able to find out the origin of the surname NORTUM. If anyone from the Johnsonburg area can fill us in on the origin of our family name, please help us. We would like to know when the NORTUMS came to America, where they came from\ (the city, country, etc.), what the original family name was, why it was changed, how they got here, etc. We just want information to our family roots.
- MAXWELL, NEWELL, WALKER, WHITE posted by Don Walker on Wednesday, July 1, 1998
- William A. MAXWELL my GGGF. Born in NY, m. Sarah Jane NEWELL and lived in Benezette/Dent's Run area. A veteran of the 57th Pa. Inf. and was still living in 1902. Had several children incl. Bertha who married David WALKER of Dubois. They had several children. She later married a man named WHITE and lived in Emporium. Would like to know where William is buried.
- CHAPMAN, WILLIAMSON posted by Jolie Williamson on Wednesday, July 1, 1998
- My ancestors Thomas WILLIAMSON and Mary CHAPMAN were supposed to have been married in 1885 in Ridgway by a Rev. Snyder. Does anyone have any idea which church this might be? I'm looking for marriage records for them. thanks!!
Return to the Archived Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Elk County Home Page
(c) Elk County Genealogy Project