Elk County, PA
Posted Queries for February thru March 1998
- CHAPLIN posted by Jackie Cunningham on Tuesday, February 10, 1998
- Am seeking assistance from anyone who might be able to do a look up in the 1870 Census for info concerning Thomas V. CHAPLIN. Mr. Chaplin was born in Pennsylvania (probably Huntingdon County) and was resided in Jones Township at the time of the Census. I would like to know what other persons were residing at his place of residence. I have information that this person can be found on page 82 of film #1338. If anyone has access to this data, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thank you.
- ONEAL, SMITH posted by Sue Bemiller on Thursday, February 12, 1998
- My Great Grandfather William H. SMITH lived in Benezette PA with his wife Catherine M. (ONEAL) Smith. They had 3 children - Walter, Henry and Geraldine. I have information on the 3 children but I am having trouble with William H. Smith (born 1856 died 1929). I know that Catherine came from Ireland and her family settled in Renova PA. She had a brother named Tommy and a sister named Nora.
- GREER, MELLQUIST posted by Hammers on Thursday, February 19, 1998
- Looking for information on the GREER family. My Grandmother was Cora Greer, married Albert MELLQUIST in 1800's and raised a family on Water Street Ext Farm. She died in 1920 of diptheria.
- BARKER, FERRELL posted by Sue Bemiller on Sunday, February 22, 1998
- BARKER / FERRELL My Great Grandfather's brother Merion Barker (Emporium PA) married a Mary Ferrell from Ridgway PA ... I know that they moved to Kenvil New Jersey. His body was brought back to Emporium and buried here. But I have no information on Mary. Any thing will help
- MAHAFFEY, TYLER posted by Joan Quairoli McAfoos on Tuesday, February 24, 1998
- Looking for information on Margaret TYLER (1902- 1930) or David Tyler (1809-????) or Isabella MAHAFFEY Tyler (????-1902).
- LLEWELLYN, TYLER posted by Joan Quairoli McAfoos on Tuesday, February 24, 1998
- Looking for information on Clyde LLEWELLYN (1897- 1936) who was married to Margaret TYLER Llewellyn (1902-1930). Lived in the Weedville area.
- HILDEBRAND, KOFFLER, KUPPELWIER, WENIN, ZOSCHG posted by Mike Wennin on Thursday, February 26, 1998
- Looking to share information with anyone whose family came from Bozen, Austria (now Sudtirol, Italy). My Great Grandfather, Anton WENIN, settled in Cameron County sometime between 1906 and 1910. They may have traveled with KUPPELWIER, ZOSCHG,(MAX)KOFFLER,HILDEBRAND and others. I know they had many connections in Johnsonburg and St. Marys.
- LADEHOFF, MELIUS, WARNOCK posted by Bruce Warnock on Wednesday, March 4, 1998
- We have a marriage license issued in Clarion County 13 Sep 1886 for Nancy P WARNOCK to Daniel A MELIUS, he of Ridgway. They lived in Ridgway and had three daughters, one Bertha married a LADEHOFF. There we have lost this family. Daniel was the son of George and Mary Melius. Can anybody give me a lead.
- FRANK, HASSELMAN, KRUG, PHELAN, SCHAUER, THEIL, VOLLMER posted by Ron on Monday, March 9, 1998
- In one way or another I am related to what seems nearly half of St. Marys. Anyone with the last names of FRANK, HASSELMAN, SCHAUER. VOLLMER, THEIL, KRUG, PHELAN and many more, interested in corresponding, please email me. Ron
- CALDER, COTTER, CRAWFORD, NELSON posted by Debbie Cotter on Tuesday, March 10, 1998
- My great grandparents Cornelius COTTER(1840-1886) and Sarah Gertrude CRAWFORD(about1844-1936)were married in St. Mary's in August of 1868. I don't know which church or much information about her family her mother's maiden name was CALDER father was NELSON CRAWFORD. Thanks for any help!
- WADSWORTH posted by Anna Snyder on Tuesday, March 10, 1998
- I am looking for the parents of James M. WADSWORTH born ABOUT 1831
- ABBEY, GARDNER posted by Richard Steadham on Wednesday, March 11, 1998
- John GARDNER b. 15 Nov 1798 and his wife Polly (ABBEY) GARDNER b. 22 Sep 1799, had a son Bradford Vernon GARDNER b. 7 May 1838, in Elk Co., PA. Who are John and Polly's parents and who are the rest of their children?
- BRYON, FOX, FRITZ posted by George Fox on Saturday, March 14, 1998
- I am researching the parents of David FOX; b. 1850 in Weedville. married Mary BRYON. Where? They had 4 children;George A.;1872-Clara;1874- walter;1877-Fred;1882; Walter died in Weedville & is to have been buried in St. Marys; David was a logger & moved a lot in 1880 cencus he was in Haneyville;Clinton co.; Also worked in Lycoming co. Davids place of death not known or when. His son George my grandfather married Irene FRITZ in Caldwell Clinton Co. 1893 Lived & died in Avis Clinton Co.I believe David's father to be an early settler of Elk Co. Thank you in advance for any info
- SEVERANCE posted by Jean Severance on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am looking for any information on my Grandfather Raymond Charles SEVERANCE or great grandfather Charles Severance they were living in Elk co. About 1900 Charles wife was Clarrisa Anne she may have gone by the name Anne. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- DOHERTY, FREE, HAWK, HOWARD, MELL, MOODY posted by Bill Hawk on Monday, March 16, 1998
- FREE, MELL, DOHERTY, HOWARD Seeking information re the family of my great grandmother, Elizabeth Howard FREE, b. abt 1865, poss. of Elk Co, Benezet or Weedville area. It is said that her father was a physician. She married William Champion MELL, b. Jul. 1855, abt 1882. She died abt 1894 in Harrisburg, PA. Children of Elizabeth FREE and William MELL are 2 i. Eugenie Howard MELL, born May 20, 1883 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; died Nov 12, 1961 in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania. She married (1) Clarence R. HAWK 1904 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. She married (2) William F. McFARLAND Abt. 1932 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 3 ii. William FREE MELL, born Jan 11, 1886 in Harrisburg, Dauphin Co.,Pennsylvania; died Mar 22, 1958 in Dillsburg, PA. He married Sarah Ellen MOODY Apr 08, 1917 in Harrisburg, PA. 4 iii. Elizabeth Emilie MELL, born Aug 29, 1888 in Harrisburg, PA; died Nov 1966 in Elmer, NJ. Elizabeth Howard FREE had a sister, May FREE, b.? who married Thomas DOHERTY. They lived in Weedville in the 1930?s and 40?s, and had two sons and one daughter.
- AMBUSKE, BUCHEIT, FRANK, HORCHEN, MEHALKO, ZIMMERMAN posted by Mary Ellen Frank on Tuesday, March 17, 1998
- I'm looking for information on my ancestors and my husbands family ancestors. The family names are Francis X. BUCHEIT wife Marie ZIMMERMAN Paul HORCHEN wife Anna MEHALKO, Raymond B. FRANK wife Maurgareite AMBUSKE.
- DEJEAN, DUTTON, MATHA posted by Roberta Hendrick on Thursday, March 26, 1998
- MATHA/DEJEAN My gg grandfather Henry DeJEAN m Lydia DUTTON and lived in Columbus,Warren,PA. Their 1st child Nancy DeJEAN m Arch MATHA 1891. Nancy & Arch had 6 ch. The 4th ch Wallace Adelphus MATHA b 26 Dec 1900 PA d Jun 1969 St Mary's, Elk, PA I'm wondering if there are any MATHA'S still in St Mary's. If so I would ove to hear from you. Thanks. Bobby Hendrick
- DEVINE, MYERS posted by Sandra Vedell on Saturday, March 28, 1998
- I am looking for any geneology on the W.D. MYERS family.. Mariah Myers, widow of W.D. Myers, died 3/29/1923, Rolfe,PA. at the home at the home of her daughter, Alfretta DEVINE.
- DEVINE, MYERS posted by Sandra Vedell on Saturday, March 28, 1998
- I am looking for MYERS or DEVINE.. They lived in Rolfe, Elk County.
- HUGENET, JUGNET, LEGGART, YOUKNUT, ZWACK posted by Charlene Youknut on Saturday, March 28, 1998
- ZWACK, LEGGART, YOUKNUT??? I'm looking for information on Anna ZWACK (1856-1898) who was the daughter of Michael ZWACK who married (William LEGGART). She was born in Germany but immigrated to St. Mary's and eventually died in Buffalo, NY. Her daughter Anna LEGGART (1875-1945) was born in St. Mary's, married a man named YOUKNUT/JUGNET/HUGENET?, had a son, Charles YOUKNUT, and later married 2 more times, dying in Buffalo, NY.
- ROBINSON posted by Rob Graham on Monday, March 30, 1998
- I'm looking for Robert Irvin ROBINSON - millright at Ridgway, Elk County. Possibly about 1870 +/- 20 yrs. I've a reference to him in a will and trust document of 1884.
Return to the Archived Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Elk County Home Page
(c) Elk County Genealogy Project