- HILE, HITCHINGS, OSWALT, RORABAUGH posted by Kelly on Friday, August 4, 2000
- Im searching for information on John HITCHINGS(1859?-?)and Annie OSWALT (1860?-?)They lived in Woodland,Clearfield CO.in 1887 when my grgrandfather Arthur Blatinberger HITCHINGS was born on 23 Mar.He died on 9 Oct.1972 in Akron,Summit County,Ohio.He married Lena Grace RORABAUGH on 17 Jan 1912 in Clearfield,PA.Lena is the daughter of James Emery RORABAUGH and Amanda HILE.She died 20 May 1977 in Summit County,OH.Lena and Arthur had the following children: son's John,William,Carl,and David;daughters Gussie(my grandmother;born 4 Aug.1913 d.12 Apr 1980),Elizabeth,Mildred,Mary,and Betty.If you have any information on any of these names,please feel free to email me.Thank you and Happy Hunting!!!
- BRINK posted by Amie Johnson on Sunday, August 6, 2000
- Looking for info on a Daniel and Mary b Brink.They are listed in the 1850 Clearfield Co Census in Pike Twp. Their Kids are John B. Brink 1836 Sarah J Brink 1837 Joseph Brink 1843 Zachary T Brink 1845 It is belived that John B Brink Was Married To Rhoda McMasters. They Had a daughter Named Elnora Jane Brink Who was born in 1864 in pa. They eventulay moved to MI and Elnora Married Johnnie Smithkey .John B Brink Is also listed as serving in the civil war.
- CUPP posted by J. William Cupp on Sunday, August 6, 2000
- Searching for any information concerning George Washington CUPP (b. May 24, 1820; d. cJan. 2, 1908) He was born in Somerset County, Pennsylvania and lived for a time in Clearfield County, Pennsylvania. He may have been an ordained minister in the Evangelical Church.
- ASKEY, BAKER, LUCAS, MCKIBBEN posted by Gloria Kerns on Tuesday, August 8, 2000
- All researchers interested in the genealogy of Revolutionary War Captain Thomas ASKEY (Centre, Clearfield and Clinton counties) and affiliated families are invited to join our website at myfamily.com. Just send me your e-mail address (mine is firstname.lastname@example.org) so I can have the mf.com folks issue an "official" invitation with a username/password. There are photos, anecdotes, stories, excerpts from published material, lots of fun things already posted. We would like to have you participate and include material you have to share. Gloria Kerns
- FYE, TROXEL posted by Debbie Troxel on Tuesday, August 8, 2000
- I am seeking the family of Isaac TROXEL m. Mary Catherine FYE. I do not know what county they came from. I only know that they married in PA and had four children there before moving to Canada , then to Illinois and from there to MN. He was born in Nov. 1805 , she was born in 1807 or 1808. Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated. Debbie
- CHELGREN, KJELLGREN posted by Donna Lykens on Wednesday, August 9, 2000
- Looking for info on Eric Gustaf Chelgren and his wife Amelia Ljungman Chelgren. They immigrated to America from Stockholm, Sweden in 1893. Chelgren was spelled Kjellgren when they came from Sweden and was changed to Chelgren after they were in America.
- HULLIHEN, ROBBINS, WILEY, WILLIAMS posted by Beverly Robbins on Friday, August 11, 2000
- My husbands family lived in Clearfield County. His grandparents are Jesse Earl Robbins, Florence K Hullihen, Blanche S Williams, and Bert Wiley. They are all buried in Clearfield. We haven't been able to go back any farther.
- LUDROWSKY posted by Eleanor Kephart on Saturday, August 12, 2000
- Am looking for any relative of Steven Ludrowsky who lived in Osceola Mills , I am looking for Steven's mother maiden name.
- BROWNLEY, LANKARD, WILLIAMS posted by Paula Pompeii on Saturday, August 12, 2000
- I'm looking for any information on Tressa Williams who lived in DuBois,Clearfield County, PA in the 1920-1930's. In letters written by my grandmother Mildred Brownley Wank in the 1920's she mentions visiting her Aunt Tress in DuBois. In Mildred's father's obituary, Mrs. Tressa Williams of DuBois was listed as attending from out of town.(Charles Brownley was buried in Brockway in 1929.)One of Charles' sisters was also named Tressa but she went by her middle name, Agnes Brownley Lankard. One of my mother's cousins remembers visiting a really old woman called Aunt Tress in DuBois, when she was very young in the mid to late 1930's, she was taken there by the Lankards. I know she must be related but I can't find the connection. Of Charles' sisters only Mary and Agnes lived to adulthood. Of Charles' father William J. Brownley, I know next to nothing. There is no mention of parents or siblings in his obituary, on his death certificate , or in the family bible. I received his pension papers form the Civil War, and his wife, Hannah, states she knew nothing of his people and that their marriage license was destroyed in a fire. If Tressa was Hannah Brownley's sister , her maiden name would be Vasbinder. If Tressa is a Brownley, it would really help me in my search for information about the elusive William Brownley. If any one has any information , please contact me. Thank you.
- BRACKENDORF, RAINEY posted by Debra Brown on Saturday, August 12, 2000
- Searching for anyone related to the Brackendorf's. My grandfather was Louis Brackendorf. He was born abt 1883 and died abt 1925. He married Mary Elizabeth RAINEY in TX when he was in the Army there. They had 2 daughters, one is my mother. Any info will be appreciated.
- CONAWAY, HOOVER, KINARD posted by William Beers on Sunday, August 13, 2000
- I have two HOOVER names in my tree Louise G Hoover who married John S Beers June 29,1882.(Source Mary Louise Ragan--Beers genealogist 1994 3rd qtr news bulletin// Clearfield Co PA Marriages Prior to 1885) Andrew Curtin Hoover--b. 12/26/1863 Litz Bridge, Clearfield Co PA; d. 3/19/1943 Clearfield, PA; m. Grace Etta McClarren b.5/20/1879 Decatur twp, Clearfield Co PA d.Litz Bridge, Clearfield Co PA (Source Mary Louise Ragan)
- CURNEW, JACKSON, NELSON posted by Joseph Curnew on Tuesday, August 15, 2000
- I am searching for information on my grandmother, Rose M. Jackson, born in Clearfield, PA on 25 Dec 1903 (or 1909). She married Oscar S. Nelson. They had 5 children; Dawn, Betty, Marlene, William, and Donely. I would greatly appreciate any information you can provide me about her, her parents, or siblings.
- CHRIST, KEIM, KOEST, OHEARN posted by Penny on Sunday, August 20, 2000
- I have placed John Stanley KEIM and his wife Sophia Alice Elizabeth KOEST KEIM in Clearfield, Pa. in 1920 thru 1925.
Their twin sons (Henry Koest KEIM and Jacob Frederick KEIM) born 'along Moorestown Rd. in Daniels Slate Quarry' in Jan. 1920. Daughter Edith KEIM b. Dec. 1921 'near the two churches' and d. Mar 1922 buried in Moorestown Cemetery. The family had another son while living there in Jul 1925. They had a total of 10 children, 9 living. It is said that they 'ran a still in the mountains'.
My questions: What cemetery is Edith KEIM buried in? Could it be Fairfield Cemetery? What 'two churches' were adjacent to each other? What is Daniels Slate Quarry?
Cannot find these folks in 1920 Census. Is this a mountainous region, and does anyone know anything about 'stills in the mountains'? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated! Happy Hunting!
- ALLEN, BLISS posted by Pat Morris on Sunday, August 20, 2000
- Does anyone have any information about Oscar Allen married Orlinda Bliss about 1857. They lived in Penfield. Children were Lovie and Loren. Any information would be very welcome.
- BUCHHIET posted by Dale Overman on Monday, August 21, 2000
- Looking for info. on Peter Buchhiet and wife cathrine. Buried Union twnshp. died 1886. Born in germany,lived some years in Troutville-Luthersberg area.
- ATTIG, HALL posted by Janet McCully on Tuesday, August 22, 2000
- the last anyone knows, my aunt Mary Hall was working in a nursing home in Clearfield County. The name was Clear Haven or Clearhaven rest home. Can the records be referenced there to see if they have a picture of her? Any other information would be appreciated. I think she was born in a town called mifflin or mifflinburg, I think. Maybe she was even born in Clearfield. She was engaged, but never married. Other than that, we know nothing about her. I'm her great neice. thanks
- BROWN, DAVIDSON posted by Mary Ann Davidson on Wednesday, August 23, 2000
- william davidson and eliza brown davidson came to clearfield area from scotland about 1884-1885 william died in a coal mine 1905or 1906. william was my grandfather. looking for any info- census- obit - deeds ,etc.
- DUBOIS, FAULKNER, FLACK, RUSSEL posted by Kimberly Ayers on Friday, August 25, 2000
- Looking for info on Christoper L Faulkner b:1859 in Williamsport PA d:1901.Who had brothers Edward,Aaron,Samuel Alsom,and a sister Katherine who m:David Russel.Samuel Alsom m:Laura Ella they had a ch/ Charles Floyd,Samuel Arthur,Ruth Ann who m:Man Flack.Christopher came to Dubois Clearfield Co with a Man name John Dubois who started a lumber company.
- BOUCH posted by Thomas Bouch on Saturday, August 26, 2000
- I am searching for information on my Great Uncle Irvin (DOC) Bouch.He was the son of Emmanuel Bouch and Sarah Catherine(Hartman)Bouch late of Mahaffey Clearfield Co.He married Lettie Breth and for a time they lived in Irvona.They later moved to Blair County.Any information on Irvin or his wife Letti will be greatly appreciated. Tom
- LABOARD, LEININGER, LININGER posted by Susan on Saturday, August 26, 2000
- Iam the great grandaughter of Henry Lininger and Mary Laboard of Rockton Pa. I have for some time been trying to find Henrys parents He was born 1813 and died in 1898 Mary is burried in Rockton and i beleve he is also they had 5 children Philip,John,Frederick[my grandfather] Elisa and Louisa James is the son of Frederick James was my father maried to Maude King if anyone has any information on this family please email me
- CASEY, FRY, TURNER posted by John Casey on Saturday, August 26, 2000
- I am looking for the burial place for James L.Casey who apparently died after the Census in mid 1880 and Jan.1891 when his father died and he was not a surviving child.At the time of the Census,he resided in Penn Twp.Most likely a member of St Boneventure RC Church in Grampian.
- GINTER posted by Carol Figler on Sunday, August 27, 2000
- Response to Keith Fortney Sorry < I just found your response to my Ginter query. Your Ginter's are definitely related to mine.. The cemetery I have heard of, was just called Ginter cemetery, I don't know if this is the same. My family on my dad's side were Ginter's, his grandmother was a Ginter, and his great grandfather was Jacob Ginter, who was married twice. I am from the second marriage, the wife was Agnes Kane, although I don't have any info on her.. I have some on yours.. I have census records for the Waltz family in with my stuff, although I don't don't have any on them in my family(as far as I know). Are you related to a Bill Ginter? I talked to him several times. He is related to me by the first family of Jacob Ginter, my dad and he were second cousins. I have Conrad Ginter, being a brother to my Jacob. and Annie, as daughter, of Sarah whowas Conrad's daughter?. Back to the cemetery. I have heard there were Ginter's and Fulkerson's buried there. My relatives lived in Guelich, my father was born there, as far as I know they are all relatives, David would be grandson of Jacob Ginter, and from the first family of Jacob. Do you know if Jacob is buried there?
- GREY, KELLEY, KELLY posted by Jan on Wednesday, August 30, 2000
- I have an odd request-my dad played football for Cooper Township and one year,1937, they beat Phillisburg and were thrilled to pieces. My dad is in the hospital,suffering from complications from diabetes and amputation. I would love to find a copy of what was printed in the Clearfield Progress about the football events. anyone know where i could start looking? Searching for more info on Thomas Charles Grey and his brothers William (married Lydia);George (married Olive Davis),and James (married Nell?) and his sisters Elizabeth (married Frank Bloom); and Margaret. I was lucky to have found a descendent of the other brother,Joseph, from this site about Clearfield County and we exchanged info. Also looking for parents and siblings of James A Kelly -Joshua and Jemima, and his siblings. James was a civil war soldier in the PA 213th.
- ASHURST posted by Larry Ashurst on Wednesday, August 30, 2000
- James Ashurst Came to U.S. from England in 1880 with his wife Elizabeth(Austin)Ashurst and six children>>Polly,Elizabeth,Sarah,Samuel,Alice,and Isabel.Some(or)all of the family is known to have moved to Barnesboro,Cambria county,Pa in 1894.Looking for links/info.for this family........
Return to the Archive Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Clearfield County Genealogy Project
© Clearfield County Genealogy Project