- ECKENRODE, MARININ posted by Connie Greene on Monday, May 1, 2000
- Looking for Mike Marinin and Anna Tomko : Children; John Marinin born in Houlzdale, Clearfield Co. married Margaret Eckenrode 1 June 1929 in Ebensburg.Cambria Pa., Helen Endler, Katherine Woshkowski, Margaret Salenski and Joseph. Appreciate any information! Connie Greene.
- PEACHEY posted by Elaine Russell on Monday, May 1, 2000
- I recently acquired a copy of a Peachey family history. These are predominently Amish. they are the descendants of Jonas and Amelia Yoder Peachey. If I can do a lookup from this please let me know. Thanks
- HEICHEL, KNEPP posted by Barbara Clark on Thursday, May 4, 2000
- I am researching the family of Eugene Heichel and Pearl Oleta Knepp from Clearfield Co., PA and then Richland Co., Ohio. They had 3 known children : Eugene Jr., Steven and Susan. Steven was adopted by a family named Salisbury and lived in Michigan. Would like to know the story behind this adoption. Would love to hear from anybody researching this line! contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you. Barbara
- WAPLE posted by Jackie Peter on Friday, May 5, 2000
- Seeking information about the murder of Maria Jane Waple (maiden name Barger) in 1876. Maria was divorced from Thomas Waple. Martin D. Turner was found guilty but on appeal new trial was granted and he was found innocent. Any other info appreciated.
- LOGAN posted by Mel Goray on Friday, May 5, 2000
- I'm interested in any information regarding my gggreat grandfather James Weaver Logan born in Clearfield on January 6, 1843. He later married Addie Beardslee of Michigan and they moved to Kansas. Thank you!
- LUTHER, SMOLKO, YAKUBEK posted by Nancy Luther on Friday, May 5, 2000
- In copy of 1923 obit of John Luther, found a statement that says Besides his aged wife(Mary) and the son with whom both have been living(Martin) he is survived by a son in Snow Shoe Pa Can anyone tell me the name of a Luther or Lutter who was living in SnowShoe, Centre County, Pa in 1923 Also John Luther , a miner, was injured in a mine explosion some years before 1923 Can anyone tell me something about this, lived in Morrisdale, Clearfield County Pa
- DICKSON, DIXON, GOSS, JACKSON, MARTY, MEASE posted by Regina Jackson on Monday, May 8, 2000
- I'm new to geneology and need as much/as little information you may have. My search has been ignited by a necklace handed down to me from my G. Grandmother Anna A. MEASE DICKSON (her mother was Amelia GOSS,& her father was David Porter MEASE). This necklace is Native American Indian beaded Red,Black,Blue,and Opalescent. It was handed down to my Grandmother Mildred A. Dickson MARTY...to my mother Linda K. Marty JACKSON. Does anyone have ANY information regarding EAGLE EYE SCHOOL in Boggs Township?????!(I know it used to be along 970)
- BILLOTTE, LIEGEY posted by Roxanne on Monday, May 8, 2000
- I've recently begun my search...I have some information on the Billotte's. I am having difficulty finding much on the Liegey's of Frenchville, Girard Township.
My g-g-g Grandfather was Hubert Liegey father of: Joseph, Byron, Mose, Elva, etc.
MY g-g Grandfather was Byron Liegey father of: Wayne, William, Kenneth, Nellie,etc.
Any info on this line of Liegey's would be greatly appreciated Thanks
- DIXON, LAIRD posted by Colleen Graham on Tuesday, May 9, 2000
- Searching for decendant's or anyone having knowledge of Elias Laird b. Oct 17, 1858 d. June 13, 1910 Woodland PA (Cleaarfield County) Sylvetta May Dixon b September 15, 1872 or 74 d. June 12, 1955. Daughter to Joseph & Mary Dixon of Bloom township. Related to Walter Dixon of Patton PA b. March 9, 1894 d.June 13, 1976 Verona PA.
- CROSS, LOCKETT, MOSS posted by Linda Riley on Tuesday, May 9, 2000
- Looking for Info on my Grandfather JOHN OTIS MOSS dob:7-18-1888 dod:12-16-1959.He is burried in Osceola Mills. He was a Coal-miner,Horse-Traider, Woodsman. Womaniser - Drunk Whatever!!!
DEFINATLY the black sheep of the Family!! That is why so little is known about his father BILL MOSS mother NANCY "CROSS" MOSS and brothers Leslie and Harry ...
So if any of you Moss's are Arround I'd like to hear from you... And Rest-assure..My Grandmother Ethyl Manerva "LOCKETT" MOSS dob:11-4-1894 dod:1-6-69. Really Loved Him, They had 10 children. My Aunt Virginia Esther Moss Died at birth and is beleived to be burried in the Cross Cemetary.. Thanks for reading this!
- ADAMS, KULP, SPENCER posted by Kathryn Spencer on Sunday, May 14, 2000
- I am looking for information on my grandfather George W. Spencer. He was married to Emma Kulp. I would like to have a little more info on him and his father Andrew Spencer. Thank you for whatever you can help me with.
- NELSON posted by David Nelson on Monday, May 15, 2000
- James Nelson b:abt 1827 married 12-3-1848 Susannah Graham b:1828 d:1866 buried Kylertown Cemetery. 1850 Census Girard Twp Clearfield Co has James & Susannah with a child Harrison b:1850 James & Susannah living near or with John & Elizabeth Nelson. 1860 census Graham Twp,Kylertown has James Nelson, Susanna Nelson,children Eleanor b:1857,Almear b:1860. Two Questions 1 Is this the same family? 2 Does anyone connect to these families? Email Dagwood@Penn.com Thank You
- BLOOM, WEAKLAND posted by Richard Bloom on Monday, May 15, 2000
- My grandfather Daniel Bloom was born in 1897 in Coalport, Pa. to William Bloom and Margaret Weakland daughter of Sylvester J Weakland they also had a son Guy Edward Bloom and maybe other children. Would like to hear from anyone with further info. Thanks
- WANK posted by Paula Pompeii on Thursday, May 18, 2000
- I was wondering if anyone could help me find information on my Greatgrandmother, Twila "Carrie" Yeomans Wank, b. 1873 in Brookville, widow of Clemence Wank 1865-1912 and mother of Edward Wank, my grandfather. I have letters written by Carrie from Ramey, PA to her son in 1925. She says of the house she lived in , "thair is not one thing in the house to cook in but lots of nice furniture, they ran a hotel at one time" and "it don't look to be a bad place but it is not like my own thair is picture show right a cross the street a pool room next door a couple of garrages a church firemens hall" and "thair was a funeral the second house from us yesterday(Oct.25 or 26, 1925)afternoon an old soldier they say he has been a squire here for years" From the letters in sounds as if she moved to Ramey in May 1925, maybe from Dents Run or Dubois. She speaks of Fred and Adda and Edward which I believe is her son Frederick Wank and maybe his wife and son? She also speaks of a Davis, that I have no idea about. She writes about "Jack", as if he was her husband, but she never legally married again, his last name may be Daugherty , I'm not sure but it sounds like they lived together. I'm not sure how long she lived in Ramey, she was back in Dubois in the early 1950's, If anyone knows anything about Carrie , Jack or Fred, Adda, and Edward or even Davis or the house she's describes please contact me. Thank you.
- HEMPHILL, LAIRD, WALLACE posted by Laird Wilcox on Friday, May 19, 2000
- I am seeking information on the family of Robert Wallace (1792-1872) and Jane Hamphill Wallace (1808-1857), who was in law practice in Clearfield, PA, in the mid-1800's. Their children were William A., Sarah, Samuel, Robert J., Thomas, Francis, Mary, Rebecca and Jane. I am descended from Robert J. and his wife, Anna Rheem. William A. was a U. S. Senator from Pennsylvania. Anyone having information on this family please contact me. I am most anxious to learn more about my Wallace, Hemphill and Laird ancestry and about Clearfield, Pennsylvania. Laird Wilcox (913) 829-0609.
- GILMAN, KLARE posted by Suzanne Downing on Saturday, May 20, 2000
- Looking for the ancestors of Charles Gilman and his wife (Margaret) Ellen Klare. Probably born around the 1850s. May have migrated from New England. They had the following children,but I have no dates: Harry, Minnie,John, Loy and Vernie. I would appreciate any information on which state they came from or any other facts. Thank you.
- PHILLIPS posted by Nancy Sullivan on Sunday, May 21, 2000
- My ggrandfather was THOMAS PHILLIPS b. 1821 in Forest of Dean, Glouscestershire, England. He emigrated to America with his brother JAMES in 1847. They were coal miners, who also became surveyors. THOMAS m ELIZABETH SANSON in Allegeny Co. Maryland in 1850. Thomas traveled extensively setting up mines and working in mines during the period of 1850-1861. He returned to Penn. after 1861, and was in HUNDTINGDON CO. " five or six years mining" then to CLEARFIELD CO., "opening a coal mine for R. B. WIGTON & CO.and superintending for them until he came to Shawnee, Perry Co., Ohio in 1872." Family legend says this family is connected to the PHILLIPS who settled in PHILIPSBURG, PA. Would be very interested in making any connections to this family, and any information re: his ownership of land or mining rights, or mines in the area. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.
- ALSBAUGH, JONES, MCNEIL, STAPLES, WITHERSON posted by Cecelia Smith on Monday, May 22, 2000
- We're trying to locate descendants of Jim and Nellie Matthews Jones. Nellie was a sister of Flora Matthews Lawler, and we're trying to get data on their parents, Thomas and Dorothea Matthews, buried at Brandy Camp, PA. Daughters of Nellie and Jim included Betty Alsbaugh, Ceil Witherson and Irene McNeil. Dan Staples, we believe, was a great-grandson of the Jones, and graduated from DuBois High School in 1979 with our son, Bruce Smith (Monk).
- SCHOICK, VAN posted by Diana Terrio on Monday, May 22, 2000
- I would very much to hear from some one that is a Van Schoick or knows of one. I would appreciate any information you could give me. Thank You Diana
- BAILEY, REYNOLDS, SPRAGUE, WOODS posted by Twila Smith on Tuesday, May 23, 2000
- Seeking information for Sprague genealogy on a Belle Woods bca. 1880's dau. of Alice Sprague (died when & where?) who was later widowed and remarried James Bailey. Belle Woods m. a Mr. Reynolds prob. between 1910 and 1920 and had at least one child. This family lived between Reynoldsville and DuBois or in DuBois at one time. What Reynolds did she marry? When and where did she die? Who were her children?
- ASKEY posted by Chuck Kilian on Wednesday, May 24, 2000
- I am looking for the grave of Robert Askey (died between 3/16/1850 and 1/23/1851), son of Captain Thomas Askey (d. 1807). Information I have suggests he is buried in McClure Cemetery. I cannot locate this cemetery but believe it to be located in Clearfield Co., possibly near Curwensville. Any info appreciated.
- BOWERS, DOVILLE, LEILICH, LINDSTROM posted by Polly Robin Smith on Wednesday, May 24, 2000
- Am interested in any leads for LEILICH, DOVILLE, and LINDSTROM. I have info. on my BOWERS line from Jefferson Co., PA, but am always interested in making contact with other researchers.
- EMIGH, READ, WILLIAMS, YATTA posted by kathy lewis on Wednesday, May 24, 2000
- The surnames Emigh & Williams are on my fathers side while Yatta & Read are my mothers.
- BARKELEY, BEERS, MAY, TLIGER, WARING, WISOR, YOUNGS posted by William Beers on Thursday, May 25, 2000
- Descendants of John Barkeley Generation No. 1
1. JOHN1 BARKELEY was born 1805. He married NANCY BEERS, daughter of ROBERT BEERS and BARBURY YOUNGS. She was born 1815 Bradford twp Clearfield Co PA.
Notes for JOHN BARKELEY:
1850 Federal Census Clearfield Co PA Lawerence township pg 312
More About JOHN BARKELEY:
Residence: 1850, Lawerence twp Clearfield Co PA
Children of JOHN BARKELEY and NANCY BEERS are:
i. WILLIAM A2 BARKELEY, b. 1845 Lawerence twp Clearfield Co PA.
ii. SARAH E BARKELEY, b. 1847 Lawerence twp Clearfield Co PA.
iii. JOHN E BARKELEY, b. 1849 Lawerence twp Clearfield Co PA.
- CONDON posted by Loretta Myrter on Thursday, May 25, 2000
- Would anyone have the family history of my great-grandfather, William Walter Condon, born March 9, 1853, died March 19, 1943, son of John (born in Ireland) and Jane Wilson(born in Clearfield County) Condon. William and his wife, Eliza Ellen Graham, daughter of Parley (born in Bradford Twp.) and Jane Livingston (born in Ireland)Graham lived on the Condon farm in Eden and are buried in the Eden Cemetery. Several of us on the Co. Cork, Ireland site need information beyond the birth of John in Ireland (the only piece of information I have) to connect us to the same great-great grandfather and continue our search. Any help would be most appreciated. Loretta Myrter email@example.com
- GEDDES, SHAW, WILSON posted by Jim Caola on Friday, May 26, 2000
- Seeking information on or descendants of Peter K. Shaw & Nancy Mae Wilson, who lived in Goshen Township, CLEARFIELD CO., PA.
Nancy was the daughter of George W. Wilson & Sophia Buck; Peter Shaw was the son of Merrick & Sarah E. Shaw. Peter & Nancy had these children: Frank, Florence & Earl Edward.
I am the first cousin, 3 times removed, of Nancy Mae Wilson.
- SHAFFER posted by Patricia Shaffer on Monday, May 29, 2000
- I am searching for some lost relatives in the Pittsburgh/Johnstown areas. The only info I have are two names. Regina Louise Shaffer (Avramis) or Robert F. Shaffer Jr. My father's name is David Shaffer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Return to the Archive Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Clearfield County Genealogy Project
© Clearfield County Genealogy Project