- FERRY, REASMAN, RISHEL posted by Mary on Saturday, April 1, 2000
- I am looking for any information on Mary Caroline Rishel/Rishell, who might have married a Reasman/Reesman and lived in Clearfield County. Had a daughter named Edith or Lena in 1867. Possibly widowed, as she married Andrew Ferry in 1869.
- HEBERLING posted by Doreen Elsesser on Sunday, April 2, 2000
- Researching Heberlings. Gabriel Heberling married to Hannah shows up in Sandy Township, Clearfield County in the 1880 census. He is the father of Harrison, Thomas, James,Mollie, Susan and William. William Heberling is my great grandfather. Looking for anyone with interest or information..
- LUTHER, SMOLKO posted by Nancy Luther on Monday, April 3, 2000
- Received a newspaper clipping that states that John Luther was crippled by a mine explosion some years ago. This was his obit in 1923 Interested in particulars of mine explosion interested in possible other family members thanks Nancy Luther.
- FRANK posted by James Gill on Thursday, April 6, 2000
- Charles Louis Frank was born in Bavaria on November 26, 1856 and died in Curwensville, Clearfield Co., August 14, 1911. His parents were Samuel and Cecelia Frank. He came to Philadelphia at the age of 15. Any information regarding his ancestory or place of birth would be appreciated..
- ELIAS, LAIRD posted by Colleen Graham on Thursday, April 6, 2000
- searching for any link to this name Woodland PA Clearfield County, d June 13, 1910. He had 11 children all but one born in Woodland PA. He was a Coal Miner & Minister. (information furnish by his son, Everett Laird Sr. 6-24-1900 to 2-8-1993)
- ANDERSON, CHARLES, DALE, HATTEN, NEAL, PIERCE, THOMAS posted by Eileen Knox on Thursday, April 6, 2000
- Beginning my search in Clfd.Co, Pa My gggparents were David and Mary Hatten, Wesley and unknown Neal Pierce, Harrison James and Helen Gertrude Dale Thomas and Rodney and Samantha Charles. David lived in Oh and maybe Va. Then in Jeff.Co.Pa. where he is buried in Knox Twp. Abe Thomas was my gf, VestaMahlon my aunt. All info would help as
- MCCRACKEN posted by Don McCracken on Saturday, April 8, 2000
- Looking for information on William McCracken b.abt.1807,and his wife Catherine Iiams b.abt.1811.They lived in Blair co. but may have moved from Clearfield Co. Would appreciate any info. on their children, and William's family. Thank You Don.
- ROWLES, WISOR posted by Barbara Aughenbaugh on Tuesday, April 11, 2000
- Looking in Clearfield County for kin of Della Wisor Aughenbaugh, died 1942. Her parents were Jacob Wisor and Sophia Rowles. Thank you..
- BALL, CONDON, DUCKETT, GEARHART, GRAHAM, POSTLEWAITE posted by Loretta Myrter on Wednesday, April 12, 2000
- Seeking information on my Clearfield County ancestors, the families of Will and Eliza Graham Condon of Eden, parents of my grandmother, Emma Condon Duckett, wife of James Duckett of Clearfield; Richard and Agnes Jane Ball Duckett of Clearfield (Agnes Jane formerly of Houtzdale); John and Lillian Postlewaite Gearhart of Salem and Curwensville. Would anyone have knowledge of Richard Duckett's ownership of a business in downtown Clearfield in the late 1800's, a coal mine and, also, his term as a Justice of the Peace in Clearfield? I would be glad to share any family research information I have, which, also, includes that of Isaac Ball's civil war records. Many thanks for any help you may be able to give me. email@example.com.
- HURD posted by Bill Frampton on Thursday, April 13, 2000
- Am trying to trace Henry H. Hurd, who was about 30 yrs old in 1924, who was born in Pennsylvania, and lived in the Clearfield are in 1924. Any and all help or information would be appreciated. You can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks, Bill.
- FAUGHNER, FAULKNER, MITCHELL, SNYDER posted by Marsha Brosius on Thursday, April 13, 2000
- Am gr-granddaughter of Robert A. and Annie(SNYDER) MITCHELL of Clearfield County, PA. Would like to help with family research and make contacts..
- GREENLAND, HAYWARD, MARTIN, PHILLIPS posted by Lori on Friday, April 14, 2000
- Looking for family of George Luther Greenland b 1856 Huntingdon County, lived in Blair County, Altoona as a child. Removed to Clearfield County by 1880, Parsonville, PA. Married Anny Rebecca (Mullin?). Had the following children: Anna m. C. Stone, Ida m. Denton Bloom, John b 1880 m Mary; Nettie m. William Martin; Ephron; George Luther m Jane Hayward; William; ?; Bula b 1895; Dewey m Eva Emerick; Daniel m Gertrude; Lucy P b 1905.
Emma Jane Martin m. Alfred Hayward 1880's in same area.
Phillips, John C b 1850 m. Christina (Taggart?) b Scotland. Children: Bessie, George, Katie, John, David and Joseph.
- GRINNEN, PAINE, PAYNE posted by Linda Grennan on Tuesday, April 18, 2000
- Calvin E. PAINE/PAYNE Jr. b. 15 Apr 1864 d. 2 Dec 1928 married Alice WIKE (date and place unknown) Need to locate cemetary records. Been told St Bennidict,West Carroll Twp Cambria Co and also told Clearfield Co PA. He may be listed under the above name of the last name of GRINNEN.
His son Harry Payne aka Grinnen b.18 Nov 1885 d. abt 1950-55. married Jessie Brownlee. Was told they were buried at Morning Side Cemetary at DuBois PA (clearfield co). Have not been able to locate this cemetary. Any information on either would be greatly appreciated..
- HUNTER posted by Nancy Lorz on Wednesday, April 19, 2000
- Searching for info on Ella Bell Hunter, born CLEARFIELD Co. 1870. She married David Grant Miller in Mt. Union, Huntingdon Co. They lived in Tyrone,Blair Co PA. On the 1850 census for Jordan Twp., Clearfield Co. I have Sophia Hunter age 2, who I believe to be the mother of Ella. Sophia's parents are Robert & Sophia Hunter, both age 30. Siblings John 14, & Ellen, 9. I believe her mother was unwed, as on subsequent censuses, she is listed as Sophia Hunter. Below Robert & Sophia on the census are John & Ellen Hunter both age 65. All were born in Scotland except Ella. On the 1870 census, John & Ellen Hunter are 86 and living with John & Elizabeth Wilson. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
- AMES, CREE posted by Robert Cree on Wednesday, April 19, 2000
- Seeking information on Jonathon Ames who is shown in the 1840 census for Jordan Township, Clearfield County. He was supposedly married to Anne Cree..
- EDWARDS posted by Sybil Leland on Friday, April 21, 2000
- In Clearfield County, searching for information on Dr. William Harvey Edwards whose home, called "Maplelawn" was in SmithMills and his sons: Leno Edwards who was a lawyer in Clearfield from 1900 on Dr.Ernest G Edwards Girard Bryce Edwards, physician who practiced briefly in Clearfield. Also a brother- in - law of William: Dr. Gard Whittier Dr. William Edwards was born in Industry, Maine and Dr. Gard Whittier was from Madison, Maine
- ANDERSON, BUSCH, BUSH, MABIE, MABLEY, PLYLER, VANDERBILT, VANDERFORD, VANDERVOORT posted by Marsha Anderson on Saturday, April 22, 2000
- looking for relatives.
- JOHNSON, LINDGRIN posted by Richard Evans on Sunday, April 23, 2000
- My grandmother: Tyra Elizabeth JOHNSON was born in Clearfield Co. in late 1800's. Her father's name was Charles Peter JOHNSON. Her mother's name was Ella LINDGRIN,she emigrated to PA from Sweden in middle 1800's. If anyone has any information on this Clearfield Co. families, I'd appreciate any help. Thank you Dick.
- FULLER posted by Arch Fuller on Monday, April 24, 2000
- LOOKING FOR ANY INFO ON ALEXANDER FULLER AND ADALINE FULLER CHIDREN ARCHIE L GUY ,LEWIS POSSIBLE MORE , CHILDREN DATES 1860 1870 ???.
- CONNOR, PICKERING posted by Tracy Taylor on Monday, April 24, 2000
- Looking for info on John O'Connor, who emigrated from Barnsley, England with his wife Polly Pickering, to Tyler, Pennsylvania, Clearfield County in 1906. He died in 1912/1913 and is buried in Tyler. He was about age 57 at his death..
- JOHANSON, RYDBOM, SAHLSTROM posted by Eileen Beers on Monday, April 24, 2000
- Looking for information on the Swedish Community near or at Allport in 1800-1900 - Have reason to believe that my great uncle, Fredrick Rydbom; my grandfather Andrew Rydbom and his wife Emma Johannson lived in Allport.
- KYLER, WILSON posted by Jim Caola on Monday, April 24, 2000
- I am seeking information on the family of George Kyler, a farmer who lived in Goshen Twp. CLEARFIELD County in 1880. I am trying to find out the maiden name of his wife, Mary E. Kyler. I believe she may have been my gr gr aunt Mary E. WILSON, daughter of Jim and Mary Ann Wilson of Goshen Twp. Mary may have been previously married to Hugh Montgomery.
- OCONNOR posted by Tracy Taylor on Tuesday, April 25, 2000
- Does anyone know what township Tyler, PA is in? Is there a site where townships are listed. Thanks.
- BROSIUS, FAULKNER, MITCHELL, SNYDER posted by Marsha Brosius on Tuesday, April 25, 2000
- Am looking for the Crown Crest Cemetary records, where I'm told resides most of my relatives.
- DEROUIN, MOYER posted by Grayce Ezarik on Wednesday, April 26, 2000
- George Derouin was to leave Canada for the south, and settled for a time in Clearfield, PA He wed Susan and they had two sons.He was to die an accidental death in 1882 in Tipton, PA and there he is buried. George Washington Derouin was born on February 01, 1879, he was a member of the American Woodman and and the Christian Missionary Alliance Church. He was a lockmaster on the New Cumberland Lock and Dam in New Cumberland, WVA. JOseph Louis Baptist Derouin was born in 1879, in Clarion, or Clairton PA (misspelled on the birth certificate of his son), wed Margaret Moyer and seven children followed. If any person has any info or a member of the family contacts me I will share a wealth of information with them on the family.......Derouins come home.......email@example.com
- SILER posted by Charles O'Neill on Wednesday, April 26, 2000
- Searching for Sarah Josephine Siler. Known as Josephine by her family. Born in Hancock, Washington Co., MD in Feb 1855. Married John Smith in Clearfield Co. in October 1899. Second marriage for John, first for Sarah. Her marriage certificate to John lists no parents names. Her death certificate, for whom her daughter, Louise Smith O'Neill, was informer lists her father as John Seiler. Different spelling. (But anything on a death cert is highly suspect). She purportedly had a sister named Elizabeth; cousins' w/last name of Rhinehart.
- MARININ, TOMKO posted by Connie Greene on Wednesday, April 26, 2000
- Looking for the family of Mike Marinin and Anna Tomko. Children: John born 3 Dec.1907 in Houtzdale, Andrew, Helen, Katherine, Margaret, and Joseph.
- HEICHELS, KNEPP posted by Barbara Clark on Thursday, April 27, 2000
- I am trying to find any information on Eugene Heichel B. 1928 in Clearfield Co., Penn. His first wife was Pearl Oleta Knepp and they had 2 known sons, Gene (Eugene?) and Steven. There may have been a sister named Susan. Eugene died in 1985 in Richfield Co., Ohio. His fathers name might have been Clyde but I am unsure at this point. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Barbara
- LYTLE posted by Meri Jo Monks on Thursday, April 27, 2000
- Am searching for any information on LYTLE in Clearfield County, especially DuBois and surrounding areas. Most interested in Leon (b1882, or any siblings (Leslie, Will, Jennie, Nell) or his father (either James or William Lytle) Any information is appreciated.
- CONAWAY, HOOVER, KINARD posted by Kris Hocker on Friday, April 28, 2000
- Hello, I'm looking for information on Christian HOOVER, b.? - d. ?. Christian's first wife was Caroline KINNARD, b. ca. 1830. They had four children:
1. Reuben, b. ca. 1854 - d. before 1900, mar. Emma COLEBURN
2. Samuel Thomas, b. Feb 18 1857 - d. Aug 18 1930, mar. Victoria WALKER, b. Sept 9 1858 - d. Feb 12 1938
3. George, b. Apr 1865, mar. Anna MEADE
4. Simon Edward, b. March 1 1864 (Jeff. Co.), mar. 1902, WV Ida Christine WATSON
In the 1860 Census, Caroline, Reuben and Samuel were living with Catharine HOOVER on a farm in Henderson Twp., Jeff. Co., PA. By 1880, Reuben and Emma were living in Karthas Township, Clearfield County, PA. Samuel and Victoria were living in Burnside Township, Centre County, PA.
His second wife was Mary CONAWAY. They had 1 child:
1. Edith, b.?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
- ANDERSON, BILBY, BROWN, MCKINNEY posted by Helen McKinney on Saturday, April 29, 2000
- George McKinney and Thomas Brown came to Smoke Run, PA from Scotland. Their destination was to their cousin's, George Bilby, house. Would appreciate any information.
Return to the Archive Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Clearfield County Genealogy Project
© Clearfield County Genealogy Project