- IRVINE, MONTGOMERY posted by Kim Corey on Thursday, March 2, 2000
- I am looking for any Irvine`s and Montgomery`s from Clearfield County.I know my great-grandparents Harry Irvine and Alice (montgomery) were married in Clearfield county.Thank you..Hope to hear from someone I`m at my end of resources.
- BRIGGS, WARREN posted by Vanessa Leonard on Sunday, March 5, 2000
- I am looking for a Warren Briggs that moved to Curwensville Pa. Born Mar 1893, Died Oct 1973? This man was my grandmother father and she would like to know what happen to him after he left Mass. Please respond if you have any information to help me on my search.
- MCCLURE posted by Rita Turegano on Wednesday, March 8, 2000
- Thanks for the info. from Clearfield Co. on the McClures. I e-mailed you. Hope you got it..
- FRAMPTON posted by Alice Heaton on Thursday, March 9, 2000
- I am researching my grandmother Adda Irene Frampton, born April 14, 1876 in Hooverhurst/Bernside, Clearfield County, Pa. daughter of William Reid Frampton and Catherine Mountain, any Information would be appreciated..
- FULTON posted by Linda Fulton on Saturday, March 11, 2000
- Looking for info on William Duffy Fulton and Florence Annabelle Walk I believe they are from Coalport in Clearfield Co. also any info on Elmer Ellsworth Fulton..
- VIK, WICK posted by Brian Wick on Saturday, March 11, 2000
- I am researching my great-great grandfather, Johaniss Wick, b. 1862 d. 1938. Originally from Timorvik or Timmervik, Sweden, immigrated to the USA in the 1880's or 1890's. He lived in Peale, Pa and went to a Lutheran Church. He was married to Christina Gustafson or Gustafsson in Peale or Grassflat. Christina was born in 1864 or 1865, in Frianfors or Fradenfors, Sweden and died in 1955. They are both buried in Westchester NY.
- WICK posted by Brian Wick on Saturday, March 11, 2000
- My great grandfather, John Godfrey Wick, was born in Peale, PA on 8/18/1901. Not known are the true spellings of his parents, Johannis and Christine Wick. Any information would help..
- MAINES, MURRAY posted by Sue Carns on Sunday, March 12, 2000
- I am looking for information on William Murray who was married to Malinda Maines, daughter of Nehemiah Mains. William Murray may have been born in Huntington County but lived in Clearfield Co. and is buried in the Dale Cemetery. Anyone know where that is?.
- CURRY, OGDEN posted by Jeffrey Ogden on Sunday, March 12, 2000
- I NEED INFO (birth-death-father -mother)ON PRISCILLA CURRY OGDEN.I KNOW SHE MARRIED HENRY OGDEN MAY 31 1866-HAD CHILDREN HARRY ALLEN OGDEN AND JENNIE OGDEN.
- BARNETT, WELCHANCE, WELCHONCE posted by Diane Apker on Tuesday, March 14, 2000
- Looking for any information pertaining to ALEX WELCHANCE and SARAH CATHERINE BARNETT.....they lived in the Clearfield area in the 1860's,70's and later. Thank you, Diane.
- CATHERINE, THOMAS, WILKINSON posted by David Ernest on Tuesday, March 14, 2000
- Looking for Wilkinson family members from Clearfield Cty, PA in and around Coalport..
- JURY, MAINES, SHIREY posted by Deann Marshall on Wednesday, March 15, 2000
- I have a connection who is in the direct line of Jury's, not sure if from Dauphin Co. or not. But if you email me I will give you his email address. His Jury line runs into my Shirey line and we have been working together for about a year now on different data. my email address is: email@example.com Thanks, Dee Marshall.
- HOOVER posted by Allen Hoover on Wednesday, March 15, 2000
- My GGF, Joseph Hoover(Huber) worked the Clearfield Mines ca 1880-1885, and was killed in a mine near Houtzdale, PA, CA 1885. Have visited the Clearfied Historical Society with no success. Anyone sharing information? Would be grately appreciated.
- HESS posted by Lisa Kerns on Wednesday, March 15, 2000
- I am looking for parents, siblings, and birth information of George W. and Elizabeth L. Hess who lived in Grampian, Clearfield County. They were probably born 1850-1860 and had eight children: Herman, Earl, Dolly, Vera, Loretta, Viola, Phinella, and an unknown daughter. Any information would be greatly appreciated..
- BEERS, MAYS, SOWDERS, YOUNGS posted by William Beers on Wednesday, March 15, 2000
- Does anyone know the name of the cemetery at Utahville? My Gr-grandfather is suppose to be buried there. I'm planning on searching the cemetery for the gravesite in July. Does anyone know how large or small it is and can it be transscribed in a week?
- SHIREY posted by Susan Deas on Thursday, March 16, 2000
- I am researching the Shirey family that lived in Richland County, SC. The family includes Cedaria Sylvester Shirey and Thomas Shirey. Any information you have would be helpful. Thanks..
- MCKEE posted by Howard Koppenhaver on Friday, March 17, 2000
- Seeking info re an apparent family cemetery containing graves of McKee and Sherosky families. The cemetery is located off rte 453, about 0.3 miles south of Boardman in Knox twp, Clearfield Co. It contains graves of Isaac McKee (1817-1873), 3 of his sons (one of whom died while in service during civil war), Mr and Mrs Sherosky Sr., and another unidentified civil war veteran. There appear to be numerous other graves that are not marked. Someone has done considerable work to clean up and refurbish this cemetery during the last year. Isaac McKee was my g-grandfather and I am seeking to learn more about his family. Any info would be appreciated.
- GREEN, IRWIN, SHIRK posted by Laura Farmer on Tuesday, March 21, 2000
- Looking for info on my g gfather family. I have this information: "Calvin Wilson Green's (my ggpa) father was Jacob Shirk whonever married his mother, Hannah Iwrin. Calvin was raised by the Irwin's until Hannah married John Miles Green who adopted Calvin. Calvin worked in the lumber camps and as a young man, owned a grocery store in DuBois, PA. He also worked for the BO railroad and mined during layoffs from the railroad, from which he retired." Calvin born circa 1880; married Hannah Elizabeth Zimmerman, born 1889, in about 1902, from the info I have been given, but Hannah would only be about 13 - I think it was more like 1912 and their daughter, Decima Myra, was born in August of 1916. Any info is appreciated. Thank you!.
- ZUMSTEIN posted by E Miller on Wednesday, March 22, 2000
- Have some different info on this person, Elisabetha Salome Zumstein, she was married to my g-g-grandfather. Lived in Clearfield Co. Pa, USA..
- NICHOLS posted by Jack Cousins on Thursday, March 23, 2000
- Is am seeking descendants of Robert Nichols of DuBois, Clearfield County who died in the early 1930's. He was one of my great uncles..
- PETERS, ROWLES posted by Melinda Hollback on Friday, March 24, 2000
- Would anyone out there know of a Peters woman married to John Rowles. At age 23 John and his two children Andrew and Ola were living with his parents in Clearfield Co PA. Thanks
- DENNY, DONNELL, PRICE posted by Maria on Saturday, March 25, 2000
- My mother's grandfather was Dan Price. According to my uncle, his father was Jacob Price and came to the U.S. from Ireland at age 14 working as a coal miner. He settled in Butler Co. He also served in the Union army. Jacob married someone with the last name of Denny, and we know that his wife's sister was named Bridget and was never married. After doing some additional research, I was able to find a Bridget Denny that never married in Butler Co., PA whose parents were Arthur Denny and Brigid Sheridan Denny. It also appears that Arthur's parents were James Denny and Mary O'Donnell. Are you sure that Arthur and Brigid only had 3 children? I'd love to get more info on this. I'm having an extremely hard time tracking down the history of Jacob. Thanks for any info. Maria.
- PARKS, YOUNG posted by David Young on Sunday, March 26, 2000
- LOOKING FOR ANY KNOWN INFORMATION ON GEORGE AND CLARA PARKS YOUNG, BOTH DECEASED, OF CLEARFIELD CO. PA. LAST RESIDENCE WAS MINERAL SPRINGS. BELIEVE CLARA PARKS MOTHERS NAME MAY HAVE BEEN JENNY OR JENNIFER
- CROSS, SPRANGLE posted by Tammy Spencer on Monday, March 27, 2000
- I am looking for decendants of Elsworth Cross born 4/30/1869 died 11/19/1891. His son Vern Lesslie Cross Sr. was born 07/09/1885 and died 1933. Beccari Twp. census of 1870 shows Sarah J Cross and Elsworth (4) and Mary (2) living with The George Sprangle family. The family lived in Clearfield County. Elsworth may also be know as Elzy Cross. His father was Frederick Cross and his mother was a Mays. All help would be appreciated.
- CASSICK, KASICK posted by Bill Moon on Monday, March 27, 2000
- I am looking for any additional information on the CASSICK family in Clearfield County. It appears that a name change was made after coming from Germany. Originally it looks like Kasick, and changed to Cassick. I find John and Caroline in the Cemetery listings here on the site, and I am wondering if anyone can help me locate obituaries, death notices, etc. If so, let me know and I can give the information that I do have.
- BUSH, CLAYTON posted by John Hoover on Tuesday, March 28, 2000
- looking for the parents thomas clayton b.1843 d.1922 also looking his wifes parents joanann b. bush b.1853 d.1918 both are buried in sykesville pa. any information would helpful.
- FULTON, SUNDERLIN posted by Matthew Shaffer on Friday, March 31, 2000
- Looking for information on Lucy Fulton (1864-1892) who married Eli Sunderlin (1864-1945).Both were born in Bell Twp., Clearfield Co. Eli was a son of Eli Sunderlin Sr. and Margaret Jane Fulton. (Unsure is these two Fulton's were related). I would like to find information on Lucy's side of the family as I have nothing. Eli & Lucy had 5 children, 3 of whom remained in Clearfield County when Eli married Clara Young in 1897 and moved the remaning two children to Paw Paw, West Virginia. These three children apparently stayed with Lucy's parents. (Because Eli's parents were already deceased by 1897) Would like to find out about this Fulton family. Any information is appreciated on Fulton's or Sunderlin's.
- HETRICK, MILLIREN, MINICH, MOHNEY, MONEY posted by Clarence Shirey on Friday, March 31, 2000
- Seeking information on the family of Susanna (HETRICK) born 3 April 1845, in Jefferson County, PA, d/o Adam HETRICK. She first married Jacob G. MOHNEY, born 15 October 1837, in Armstrong County, PA. and died 12 September 1872 or 1873 in Michigan. The name in 1890 Census for listing her as a widow, has surname spelled MONEY. The MOHNEY Family hails from Armstrong County area and now Clarion Co. PA. area.
Jacob G. MOHNEY, and Susanna (HETRICK) were apparently just newly married in the 1870, Flowerfield Twp., St. Joseph Co. Michigan Census, without children. Jacob served in Co. C, 78th PA. Vol. Inf. in Civil War.
After his death, she married on 23 Nov. 1875, to Hiram J. MILLIREN, born 26 October 1843 in Beaver Twp., Jefferson Co. PA. He was in Co. G, 105th PA. Vol. Inf. in Civil War where he was shot in his right knee and leg area. His first wife was Mary MINICH.
In 1867, he went to Allegan Co. Michigan, where he engaged in stave factory and shingle mill, but making a specialty of tight barrels.
In 1891, he returned to DuBois, PA., where in 1893, he was elected constable. He was active in many military organizations. [Per Beer's "History of Central PA," pp. # 911 & 912]
He had two sons to his first wife, but did he have children to the second wife? If so, does anyone know their names and where they lived? Did Susanna die in DuBois or did she go along with him on his move to Seattle, Washington, where I am told he died in 1906.
Jacob G. MOHNEY, was a brother to my Great-Grandfather, Samuel G. MOHNEY, and my only interest in finding this family is because of this fact.
Please contact soon so I can include this information in a Family Genealogy hopefully soon to be printed.
Return to the Archive Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Clearfield County Genealogy Project
© Clearfield County Genealogy Project