- BATCHELER, CROSS, RICH, STOOPS posted by Wayne Batcheler on Thursday, December 2, 1999
- Looking for information on CROSS family of Clearfield Co. Samuel Cross (1837-1910) m. Jemima BATCHELER (1846-1922), had sons (1) Thomas Batcheler Cross (1877-1966) m. Mary Jane RICH, (2) Charles Allen Cross (d. after 1939), and (3) possibly others. Thomas Batcheler Cross and Mary Jane Rich had children (1) Samuel Benjamin Cross (1907-1979) and (2) Jane Cross (d. after 1944) m. a STOOPS..
- HARRIS, MCLAUGHLIN posted by Ann Denson on Friday, December 3, 1999
- Looking for info on George F. and Grace Mary McLaughlin Harris, lived in Dubois, Clearfield County on State St. George's parents William and Margaret Kane Harris. Grace's parents James and Mary J. Dougherty McLaughlin, owned St Charles Hotel in Clearfield. Have some info on McLaughlin family. George was b. 1867, had a brother Patrick Thomas b 1865 and a sister Margaret Ellen b. 1861. George worked for the railroad and died in 1922. .
- DAVIS, DEFFLEY, DEMPSEY, DIFFLEY, GOSS, MAFFETT, NEIL posted by Ellen Davis Ort on Saturday, December 4, 1999
- Looking for anything about the DAVIS'S in OSCEOLA MILLS,pa Clearfield Co. ANDREW BRANT DAVIS b.1872-1913 wife JULIA ADELINE MAFFETT-DAVIS. ANDREWS father's name was William Davis no date on him. ANDREW and his family lived at Walker St.Newtown part of OSCEOLA MILLS.
- BEYER, WARREN posted by Shirley Boatwright on Sunday, December 5, 1999
- Elizabeth BEYER, b. 2 Jan 1838 and Lewis A. WARREN, b. 3 Aug 1833, m. in New Washington, Clearfield Co, PA 13 Oct 1859. Lewis was the son of Andrew N. & Matilda WARREN. Elizabeth was the daughter of Christina, father unknown. Help with ancestors of either family appreciated..
- DAVIS, GOSS, MAFFETT posted by Ellen Davis Ort on Sunday, December 5, 1999
- Our Davis's have to be related somehow, how many Davis's do you suppose could have actually lived in a small town like Osceola and not be related. I'm also researching the Maffetts and that's how the Goss's fit in My g-grandmother Julia (Andrew Davis's wife) Adeline Maffett-Davis sister married Wesley Goss 1877-1926 worked on the railroad, his wife my gg-aunt Rebecca Maffett 1878-1953 ran a general store on Walker St.(Newtown) Osceola Mills. I saw Becky and Wes's stone at I believe it's called UMBRIA Cem. in Osceola Mills. I don't recall Clarissa Davis,I wish I had heard of her.This is my gggranfather Andrew Brant Davis1872-1913, his brothers were Curt,John,William and Ruth Adeline,sister. Carolyn where are you from? There's a family tale that there were Osceola Indians, in Osceola Mills, could this be true ? .
- DAGGETT, SHULTZ posted by Brian Smith on Sunday, December 5, 1999
- Seeking information on Rosanna Shultz, b. April 18, 1854 in Covington (Frenchville), Clearfield, PA. She was the daughter of Gangolphus Gratianus Shultz, b. June 10, 1820 in Bavaria, who emmigrated to PA, with his family, and died at the home of his daughter in Karthaus, Clearfield, PA. He had 13 children, 4 of whom were living at the 1900 census. I do know they attended a catholic church and they might have the records of the family. Looking for dates, places (birth, death, marriage, and burial) and other family information. Rosanna was my GGrand Mother who died July 06, 1944 in Merrimac, Essex, MA. She married a Union Soldier (Washing DAGGETT) in Covington and moved later to his home in northern Maine. Thanks for any information. -Brian.
- DALE, MCDONALD, THOMAS posted by Steve Mcdermott on Monday, December 6, 1999
- Looking For valintine Dale's parents. valintine married Olive McDonald Valintine is on the Bloom township, Clearfield county tax roll for 1861 he is also listed as military eligable. One of his children was helen gertrude (gertie) Dale b. 3/7/1866 d. 12/7/1907. gertie married Harrison james Thomas. One of their children was Vesta Mahlon..
- BERKHEISER, KICHER, KRAMER posted by Gregory Phillips on Monday, December 6, 1999
- I am looking for burial locations for George and Sarah (Berkheiser) Kramer. I am also looking for dates for Sarah (Berkheiser) Kramer and her niece, Nettie (Berkheiser) Kicher. George was born Mar. 18, 1815 in Sch. Co., PA and died Nov. 20, 1894 in Henderson Twp., Jefferson Co., PA. He married Sarah Berkheiser about 1842 in Sch. Co. She was born Apr. 27, 1824 in Sch. Co. and was a member of the Evangelical Church at Troutville. Sarah survived her husband and her niece, Mrs. Nettie Kicher lived with her. Thank you!.
- BENNETT, BISH, LINGENFELTER, TRUMBULL posted by Tami on Thursday, December 16, 1999
- I am from Elk County PA and my mother is a Bennett. I've got some information that sounds a bit like what you are looking for. I've gathered some info from my grandfather (Leonard James Bennett). It is sketchy, but I've got at least some names. I have a Franklin Bennett who was married to Matilda (Millie) Bish in the 1800's. Franklin & Millie had several children named Charles Franklin Bennett, Glen (Sparky)of Kane, Theodore, Cloe, Nellie, Dorothy and Freda Hollenbaugh. Franklin's son, Charles Franklin Bennett was my Great Grandfather. He was born 2/12/1925 and married to my Great Grandmother, Daisy Lingenfelter, on 10/25/1947 in Brandy Camp, PA. Most of their family lives faily close to that area. I've got tons of info on the family after James Franklin, but unfortunately, I don't have dates for Franklin Bennett. Nulf is a very familiar name too, but I'm not sure how it fits in. I know my Grandparents are friends of some Nulfs. Perhaps that is because they are related. I never questioned that. I just spoke to them and there were 3 families of Nulfs who lived in Brandy Camp when my grandfather was young. They lived in the house my parents live in now! They don't have much information on them, they've all moved away from Brandy Camp.
- FOSTER, WILSON posted by Sam Foster on Friday, December 17, 1999
- Jennifer/Jennie Wilson (nee Foster) born 1861 in Ireland; married Curtin Wilson died in Clearfield Memorial Hospital on 27 June 1939. I should be very grateful for any information on children/grandchildren..
- KENNEDY posted by maxine denning on Saturday, December 18, 1999
- looking for kennedy relations in the clearfield co area some lived in trafford pa and some in port matilda pa any help will be appreciated..
- MARGORKO, SKUPEK posted by Jackye Light on Saturday, December 18, 1999
- My great-grandfather Stephen A. SKUPEK was buried (according to the death certificate) at Russian Cemetery, Decatur Twp, Clearfield, PA 17 March, 1956. Steve's wife Veronica (MARGORKO)SKUPEK died between 1917 and 1920. She may be buried there also. Would you have info on this cemetery?.
- COOLEY, GALENTINE, GARDNER, JAYS, LENT, MINTO, SKUPEK, TUBBS, WALTENBAUGH posted by Jackye Light on Saturday, December 18, 1999
- Looking for death information on John JAYS (JAYES, JOY, JOYS)b May 1965 and Mary Jane TUBBS b November 1867. They married on 26 October 1886 in Clearfield Co. Children of JOHN JAYS and MARY (Mollie ) Jane TUBBS are:
1. GRACE JAYS 1888 - 1955 She married (1) COOLEY.
She married (2) CLOVER H. GALENTINE
2. HARRY JAYS b 1890
3. LAURA JAYS b 1892 She married FRANK LENT.
4. WALKER JAYS 1894 - 1975 He married RENA MINTO .
5. JENNIE JAYS 1896 She married GARDNER.
6. WILLIAM JAYS 1900 - 1964 He married MARY SKUPEK.
7. MELVIN SR. JAYS 1902 - 1962.
8. PEARL JAYS 1909 - 1986 She married CLARK WALTENBAUGH.
9. RAYMOND JAYS b. 1905..
- MAINES, TURNER posted by Polly Neeper on Saturday, December 18, 1999
- Henry MAINES born 1814 in Warriors Mark, PA died Bradford Twp., Clearfield Co., PA, don't know date he died. On 1 Oct 1835 he married Mariah TURNER born Aug. 1819 in PA died 15 Dec 1870 in Clearfield Co., PA. They had 6 sons and 4 daughters. I don't know where they are buried..
- BEERS, MAYS, SOWDERS, YOUNGS posted by William Beers on Sunday, December 19, 1999
- Researching Robert Beers b 1783 PA d before 1865 m Barbury Youngs. He was a Methodist Clergy in Clearfield and Curwenville and among the first settlers of Bradford twp. He may have had a brother named Peter who founded the Dunkard church in Union twp. Robert and Barbury had 6 childern, 4 girls and 2 boys. His grandson Lewis Thomas Beers was doucmented in "Central Pennsylvania, A Commemorative Biographical Record" pg 714-716.
- BRUNER, CALDWELL posted by Vicky Bruner Byrd on Sunday, December 19, 1999
- I have a history of my grandmother, Mary Jane Caldwell Bruner's family dating from 1787. I'm looking for info. about my grandfather,Guy Bruner.
- CAMPBELL, SUMMY posted by Carolyn Seybert on Monday, December 20, 1999
- My grandmother, Elizabeth A. Summy was born in Osceola Mills in 1885. She had a sister, Edith. Her parents were Daniel and Sarah. I know Sarah was born in Bucks Co., but I assume Daniel was from the Clearfield Co. area. Sarah had an older sister, Margaret, who married a Hugh Campbell, a pharmacist in Osceola Mills. I have photos of Elizabeth, Edith, and the Campbell family taken by Bricker, Osceola Mills. I would like to know more about this Campbell family and about Daniel Summy..
- BROWN, KIRKER posted by Timothy Hite on Tuesday, December 21, 1999
- Brown or Kirker of Clearfield County, PA. Howard Wilson Brown of Dubois Died in 1923 from wounds received while serving in the 305th Motor Supply Train overseas in World War 1. Married to Katherine Kirker. Trying to find out more of the unit he served in. Army?, National Guard? What Division? Any information please E-Mail. Thanks .
- ANDERSON, VERTZ posted by Larry Sadler on Tuesday, December 21, 1999
- 1900 Clearfield census shows David Vertz and wife Amanda Pyra (Anderson) both b. 1855, and two children, Icy and William Earl, my grandfather then age 13. Any ancestory info appreciated; I have the descendant info for William and Icy..
- CAMPBELL posted by George Snyder on Tuesday, December 21, 1999
- I read your query of the Campbell's of Osceola Mills,Pa. so I thought I might help you by saying that my father was born there and we moved back to Osceola Mills in 1932, the druggist at that time was James Fox,his son James took over the business in the early 40's, Jimmie would be around 80 -82 years old now. if still living, I thought maybe the Fox family purchased the business from Campbells, I really don't know that for sure,but maybe if you contacted the Fox family they might give you an insight to the Campbell family. Happy Hunting. George.
- SHAW, SHIMMEL, THOMAS posted by Susan Zipin on Tuesday, December 21, 1999
- John Henry Shaw married Mollie E. Thomas on 9.7.1890, in Clearfield County, and had 12 children, raising 11 of them I believe in Decatur. I am confused regarding John Henry Shaw's parents, as he may have been born out of wedlock. I believe his mother was Mary Ann Shimmel, 1836-1913, and his father was Calvin Shaw, 1838-1912, son of James M. Shaw 1804-1882. However other sources have noted that Calvin Shaw married Elizabeth Pearce and Mary Ann Shimmel married Wiliam D. Moyer. Any information regarding these names would be appreciated, thanks..
- ELENGER, YOHE posted by Irene Boydston on Wednesday, December 22, 1999
- Does anyone have an Emma Yohe who married an Elenger? In my great grandfather's obit it lists a sister as Emma Elenger,. The obit was from 1954 and it states she lived in Youngstown Ohio. Sound familiar to anyone? I know my Yohe's are from around Clearfield and surrounding counties. Thanks..
- COWDER, SCHMEHL, SMEAL posted by Gene Waite on Wednesday, December 22, 1999
- Saw you message in the Clearfield County (PA) Query and it caught my attention since I am also descended from Nickolas Schmehl, Jr. who had at least two wives: Catherine Kline and Elizabeth Volck. I am from the Smeal/Kline line through their daughter Elizabeth who married Edward Hurd WilliamsJr., Their daughter Martha (Mertie) Angeline Williams was my great grandmother. Mertie married William H Leas and their daugher Loretta (Rettie) was my grandmother, married to grandfather Charles Waite. They had several children although she died at 36 yrs. They were all from the Clearfield County area. If you can be of any help with names, locations, I would appreaiate it. Also, I noticed in your interest in the Cowder line. I am in New Mexico and about 1.5 yrs, I was in touch with Leo Cowder from Chama, NM a distant relative. He is also descended from the Schmehl line. Merry Christmas. Gene..
- SHAW posted by Randall Kurtz on Thursday, December 23, 1999
- RE:Clearfield County Shaws. I have a Calvin B. Shaw(1838-1912)who was married to an Elizabeth Fulk. I have no further info on them (i.e. children, etc.). However,He was the son of James M. Shaw and Sarah Edminston, and the grandson of Robert Shaw, Sr. and Mary McElwain. I also have a John Henry Shaw(1869-1886). This is, in all probability, a different one than the one you're looking for. In any event, he was the son of Alfred Shaw(1838) and M. Ellen Keller(1842); the grandson of John Shaw(1810-1869) and Mary Waring(1809-1873); and the great-grandson of Robert Shaw, Jr. and Mary McElwain. Please advise if I can be of further assistance.
- BAILEY, DALE, WOOD posted by Bill McKenrick on Thursday, December 23, 1999
- Valentine Dale's sister Harriet was my Great-Grandmother. She was married to W. Lewis WOOD. Their parents were William and Ann (BAILEY) Dale. Ann was from Wales. There were two additional brothers; William and George. Valentine had two sons; Bill and Harry. Hope this helps.
- BARCLAY, BEERS, SOWDERS, TIGLER, WARING, WINSOR, YOUNGS posted by William Beers on Friday, December 24, 1999
- Thomas Waring born about 1811, died January 14 1892, married to Margery Beers born August 13 1817, died January 17,1895. Both are buried at Mock's Hill Cemetery section 2 row 8. Their childern were Alexander born 1842; Mary A born 1844; Robert born 1846; and Eliza born 1848.
Source: Beers genealogy newsletter Mary Louise Reagan
1850 Decatur twp Clearfield Co PA Federal Census
Mock's Hill Cemetery transcription this website
- APPLETON, GRAHAM, HOOVER, PETERS, WISOR posted by Carter Smith on Saturday, December 25, 1999
- Im Looking for infomation on Martin A. Peters b. April 11, 1846 d. January 30, 1912 Buried bradford Cemetary, Clearfiels County, Pa. He married a Nancy Appleton and Eleven Children I Believe his Mother was a Hoover. His Son Steward married Emma Jane Graham. Emma's Father was Henry Graham who was married to Annie Wisor would share info with anybody interested.
- HESS, HULLER, OVELL posted by Toni Hess on Sunday, December 26, 1999
- Looking for information on Hess/Huller. John Reed Hess (son of George and Jospehine ???) b1858 d 1937 was married to Minnie HULLER Born 1862 D 1927 (daughter of Elam HULLER and Adaline OVELL) Cannot locate George or Josephine but do have information on the descendants.
- BILGER, KLINGLER, MARKLE, MUSSER posted by Norm Bilger on Monday, December 27, 1999
- irvin bilger born on10/12/1882, married to julia markle both from pa.irvin from clearfield,his brothers are, harvey, henry, william, and george. sister's are martha klase, emma eidem, sally musser, and ella stieninger, irvin passed 10/19/69, william passed,11/16/63.
- CAROTHERS, FRY, HABERACKER, KEPHART, NEVLING, SCOTT, SMITH posted by Dorothy Cote on Monday, December 27, 1999
- Hello, I'm searching for those that are related to these families and willing to exchange infomation. They are; Carothers, Kephart, Fry, Amy (Emigh), Scott, Starline, Lamb, Warrender, Nevling and the Haberacker, Kennelly/Kinley and Shannon families from Clearfield, Centre, Cambria, Blair, Huntingdon, Clinton and Bedford Counties; and of course the southern counties early on.
- OGDEN, SELFRIDGE, WHITMER posted by Gloria Davis on Monday, December 27, 1999
- Looking for any information on the Selfridge family in Clearfield County PA. My ggg grandmother was Ellenore Selfridge (1808-1888) who married William H. OGDEN (1804-1883). We believe her parents to be Elizabeth WHITMER and William SELFRIDGE. Any help appreciated.
- DIXON, GARDINER, HILL, NELSON, RELL, STEPHENSON, WIDOWSON, WITHERSPOON posted by Jennifer Ertmer on Monday, December 27, 1999
- Am searching information about my father's family in Clearfield County, PA -- primarily in/around Gazzam, Madera or Morrisdale. Also have links to Clymer, Indiana, Pa, Sharon/Mercer area as well as possible out-of-state in Montana and Wyoming area. Any information would be greatly appreciated!.
- GREEN, HARRIER, STROHL, STROLL posted by David Harrier on Monday, December 27, 1999
- I am researching connections to the HARRIER surname in the Clearfield Co, Pennsylvania area.
My connections begin with Clarence Gordon HARRIER born Oct 1890 in Clearfield. Clarence's parents were James A. HARRIER (b 1865 in PA) and Ester Annie GREEN (b 1865 in PA). Their other known children were: 1) John E. (b Oct 1885 in PA), 2) Oscar, 3) Walter (b Dec 1888 in PA), 4) Gertie (b Jun 1893 in PA), 5) Grace A. (b Jun 1895 in PA).
James A. Harrier parents were John HARRIER (b Oct 1832 in PA) and Susanna STROLL/STROHL (Mar 1844 in PA). Their other known children were: 1) Mary E. (b 1863), 2) Elmira E. (b 1868), 3) William H. (b 1871), 4) Dora (b 1874), 5) John S. (b 1878), 6) David (b 1880), 7) Nora (b 1883), 8) Robert M. (b 1885).
It is believed that everyone in these two families were born in the Clearfield Co area.
Please reply to me if you think there is a linkage between our families, if you can help me verify this information, or if you wish to exchange more information regarding the HARRIER, GREEN and STROLL/STROHL families.
- EASTON, GREEN, SOULT, TATE posted by David Harrier on Monday, December 27, 1999
- I am researching connections to the GREEN and EASTON surname in the Clearfield Co, Pennsylvania area.
I am trying to verify the parents of both the husband and wife, Jacob GREEN and Delilah EASTON. Jacob and Delilah had the following children: George A. (b 1853), Emory A. (b 1855), Helen E. (b 1860), Jacob H. (b 1864), Esther A. (b 1861), Emma E. (b 1868), and Harry (b 1871). I have no leads as to who Jacob's parents are. However, it is believed the surnames SOULT and TATE are somewhere in Delilah's family line.
Please reply to me if you think there is a linkage between our families, if you can help me verify this information, or if you wish to exchange more information regarding the GREEN, EASTON, SOULT or TATE families.
- BUCK, FULLERTON, HARRIER posted by David Harrier on Monday, December 27, 1999
- I am researching connections to the BUCK surname in the Clearfield Co, Pennsylvania area.
I am trying to verify the parents for Grace Irene BUCK. According to her marriage record to Clearence Gordon HARRIER in 1911 in Clearfield Co, her parent's names were listed as William and Lola. Lola's surname may be FULLERTON, but this is not certain
Please reply to me if you think there is a linkage between our families, if you can help me verify this information, or if you wish to exchange more information regarding the BUCK, HARRIER or FULLERTON families.
- BARGER, HARRIER, PEARCE, STROHL, STROLL posted by David Harrier on Monday, December 27, 1999
- I am researching connections to the STROLL/STROHL surname in the Clearfield Co, Pennsylvania area.
I am trying to verify the parents of Susanna STROLL/STROHL (wife of John HARRIER). It is believed she was born in Mar 1844 in Clearfield Co PA, and died around 1905 in Clearfield Co PA. It is also believed her parents were Solomon STROLL and Margaret BARGER. Susanna may have had two siblings: Sarah A. and Henry. Susanna's mother, Margaret may have later married a John PEARCE.
Please reply to me if you think there is a linkage between our families, if you can help me verify this information, or if you wish to exchange more information regarding the STROLL/STROHL, HARRIER, BARGER or PEARCE families.
- EATON, WILSON posted by Carla Eaton on Monday, December 27, 1999
- Searching for any information on the Robert and Ann Eaton WILSON family that lived in the Curwensville, Clearfield County area. Robert was orginally from the Osceola area. Ann's parents, Thomas and Mary EATON were living with them at the time of their deaths in 1898 and 1899. The Wilson family then moved to some place in MI after 1899. There were supposedly two daughters, Bessie and Harriet. One was probably born about 1880.
- WOODS posted by Leah Waring on Monday, December 27, 1999
- Do you have any information on W. Lewis Woods, such as age , or his parents names and ages? I have a Wilson Woods, married to Christina Spotts, in the same area as W. Lewis Woods, that was a brother to my gg grandfather John Woods, married to Mary Hannah Spotts, that lived in Center Co. Pa. Mary Hannah and Christiana Spotts were half sisters. I am against a wall with this generation and any help would be greatly appreciated.
- CARBAUGH, CATHERMAN, HUNTER, NELSON, WAPLE posted by Emily Doyle on Wednesday, December 29, 1999
- I am searching my ancestors in Clearfield COunty. Waple and Carbaugh families..
- ALLEN, BOODY, BOYLE, MCKELVEY, OVERDORF posted by Rhoda Lindsay-Jones on Wednesday, December 29, 1999
- John Lindsay marr. Clara Allen Dec.24,1891. She was the dau. of Wm.Allen,who resided on Main St.ext.DuBois,Pa. I think he owned a store that burned ca.1900's. Wm.and wife Elizabeth Boody-Allen are buried at Rumbarger Cem. they died byw.1920-1935 ?
children:Charles,Wm.Alfred,Mabel,Clara maybr more? Wm.&Eliz.were from Cornwall Eng.came to DuBois Pa. ca.1880. They were related to the families of:Overdorf,Lindsay,McKelvey,Atherton and ect.any info'?
Does anyone know were to get cem.reading of Rumbarger Cem?
Return to the Archive Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Clearfield County Genealogy Project
© Clearfield County Genealogy Project