- MILES, MILLER, RISHEL posted by Leah Larson on Wednesday, June 2, 1999
- I am descended from Jeremiah Miles and Mary Rishel through their daughter Eliza Miles Miller. I would be interested in connecting with anyone with information on this line. I will exchange what information I have..
- BRESSLER, COUDRIET, LOGAN, WARD posted by John Ritz on Wednesday, June 2, 1999
- I would be interested in exchanging information with anyone that could connect into this family. thanks john logans of clearfield pa
1. DAVID2 LOGAN (THOMAS1) was born March 29, 1789 in MCConnellsburg pa, and died April 04, 1869 in clinton co pa. He married CHARLOTTE FERREE December 27, 1808, daughter of JOEL FERREE and MARY BRESSLER. She was born June 04, 1788 in lancaster co pa, and died May 08, 1851 in clinton co pa.
Children of DAVID LOGAN and CHARLOTTE FERREE are:
i. CHARLOTTE3 LOGAN, b. March 13, 1809; d. July 14, 1891; m. ROBERT DAUGHERTY, March 09, 1829.
ii. THOMAS LOGAN, b. July 12, 1811.
iii. DAVID COFFEE LOGAN, b. April 24, 1813; d. December 27, 1813, pa.
2. iv. GEORGE BRESSLER LOGAN, b. December 12, 1814, clinton co pa; d. March 19, 1888, clearfield co pa.
3. v. KEZIAH LOGAN, b. January 01, 1817.
vi. REBECCA LOGAN, b. February 10, 1819; d. February 12, 1819.
vii. MARY CATHERINE LOGAN, b. March 14, 1821; d. December 31, 1864; m. NICKLE.
viii. MARGARET LOGAN, b. December 14, 1825; m. YEAGER.
4. ix. DAVID LOGAN, b. January 23, 1827; d. April 14, 1894.
x. SAMUEL FERREE LOGAN, b. 1829; d. September 23, 1829.
Generation No. 2
2. GEORGE BRESSLER3 LOGAN (DAVID2, THOMAS1) was born December 12, 1814 in clinton co pa, and died March 19, 1888 in clearfield co pa. He married MARGARET ROCK January 20, 1841 in clearfield co pa. She was born September 21, 1815 in clearfield co pa, and died March 09, 1885.
Children of GEORGE LOGAN and MARGARET ROCK are:
5. i. ALBERT JOHN4 LOGAN, b. October 04, 1845, lawrence township clearfield co pa; d. November 05, 1916, clearfield co pa.
ii. ALPHONSO LOGAN, b. Abt. 1847.
iii. CHARLOTTE AMANDA LOGAN, b. December 16, 1851, clearfield co pa; d. December 22, 1899, Portland Multhnomah, or; m. GEORGE LATIMORE READ, November 27, 1873.
iv. WILLIAM LOGAN, b. Abt. 1849.
v. LUCY LOGAN, b. Abt. 1852.
vi. JOHN E LOGAN, b. Abt. 1853.
vii. HARRY LOGAN, b. March 12, 1850.
viii. AMANDA LOGAN, b. Abt. 1859.
3. KEZIAH3 LOGAN (DAVID2, THOMAS1) was born January 01, 1817. She married SAMUEL BROWN WEAVER.
Child of KEZIAH LOGAN and SAMUEL WEAVER is:
6. i. DAVID PERSHING4 WEAVER.
4. DAVID3 LOGAN (DAVID2, THOMAS1) was born January 23, 1827, and died April 14, 1894. He married ANNA MARIE MANGELLE.
Child of DAVID LOGAN and ANNA MANGELLE is:
i. WILLIAM B4 LOGAN, b. December 07, 1874, lumber city, clearfield pa.
Generation No. 3
5. ALBERT JOHN4 LOGAN (GEORGE BRESSLER3, DAVID2, THOMAS1) was born October 04, 1845 in lawrence township clearfield co pa, and died November 05, 1916 in clearfield co pa. He married AGNES GERTRUDE WARD April 11, 1870 in clearfield co pa, daughter of ROBERT FENTON WARD. She was born August 16, 1849 in clearfield co pa, and died November 05, 1916 in clearfield co pa.
Children of ALBERT LOGAN and AGNES WARD are:
i. JOHN WARD5 LOGAN, b. July 31, 1871, clearfield pa; d. February 26, 1949, clearfield pa; m. JANIE MARY CHASE, July 26, 1899, clearfield pa; b. April 21, 1874, clearfield co pa; d. March 27, 1920, clearfield pa.
ii. MARY ELIZABETH LOGAN, b. March 12, 1873; m. H J COUDRIET.
iii. MARGARET ALICE LOGAN, b. February 14, 1875; m. BURTON UNDERCOFFER.
iv. FRANCES LENORE LOGAN, b. March 13, 1877; m. JOHN WALLACE.
v. CHARLOTTE AMANDA LOGAN, b. September 26, 1878; m. ROBERT LEAP.
vi. ALBERT FENTON LOGAN, b. February 13, 1880.
vii. MARIE CATHERINE LOGAN, b. December 07, 1881; m. MAYER.
viii. HUGH BERNARD LOGAN, b. May 09, 1883.
ix. JOSEPH LUCIEN LOGAN, b. November 08, 1884.
x. HENRIETTA LOGAN, b. March 11, 1887; m. WEAVER CONKLIN.
xi. HESTER ANN LOGAN, b. March 09, 1889; m. COUDRIET.
xii. HARTSWICK LOGAN, b. January 27, 1891.
xiii. ROBERT PETER LOGAN, b. March 18, 1892.
6. DAVID PERSHING4 WEAVER (KEZIAH3 LOGAN, DAVID2, THOMAS1) He married ELIZABETH MCALLISTER.
Child of DAVID WEAVER and ELIZABETH MCALLISTER is:
i. MARY AGNES5 WEAVER, m. ARTHUR AGUSTUS WILLIAMS.
- CARTER, DUFF, LIPPERT, OGDEN, ROBBINS posted by Shannon on Wednesday, June 2, 1999
- My father is John Lippert, parents are Frank Lippert and Sara Carter of Clearfield, PA. Any info would be appreciated..
- BOUCH, DAUGHERTY, PEACE, SNYDER posted by Mechele Barnett on Thursday, June 3, 1999
- I am looking for info on Sarah Daugherty. She was married to George Washington Bouch(1814-1864). George was born in Armstong Co. and moved to Clearfield Co. Sarah and him at some point moved to Jefferson Co., but I know that their son, George Washington Bouch(12/27/1840-5/18/1928)and his wife, Catherine Peace, lived in Clearfield Co., and raise children. Does anyone know who Sarah's parents are or does anyone have info. on her and George's children. Thank you.
- BOUCH, SNYDER posted by Mechele Barnett on Thursday, June 3, 1999
- I am trying to find info on George Snyder. He had a son, Daniel D. Snyder (9/16/1838-9-26-1918). I found the name of George's wife from Daniel's death certificate. It is Elisabeth Hollman or Hallman. I know that Daniel and his wife Eliza Snyder,this is her maiden name also, lived and raised children in Clearfield Co. Daniel is buried in Mahaffey Cem. Two of Daniel daughters were married to Bouch's. Elizabeth was married to (1) William Fulton, (2) Miles Orvile Bouch, and Lula was married to Edward Cyrus Bouch, they were brothers. Does any have any info into these Snyder families. Thank you.
- BROWN, BURNS, MCKNIGHT, PASSMORE posted by Kim Miller on Thursday, June 3, 1999
- My name is Kim Miller, I live in New York and I'm looking for info on my g-g-grandfather William McKnight and his wife Martha (Passmore) McKnight. They had 3 sons - Elmer who was killed on the railroad in about 1880, William M.- m: Anna, and my g-grandfather George C. m: Jesse (Burns)McKnight - there son was Gearge C. jr. my grandfather. The Passmore's are from Clearfield Co. and I was trying to find out what happened to Martha Passmore. Her husband died in 1869 and she's on a 1870 census living with her parents- Col. George C. Passmore and Mary Ann (Hardsock or Hartsock)Passmore. If anyone has information on any of these people -please respond!.
- CROWELL, DAMEY, HOOVER, HUBLER, KRAMER, NAREHOOD posted by Alton Overton on Sunday, June 6, 1999
- Need to find father of John F. Damey, born abt 1854 to Margaret Kreamer(Kramer, Creamer, Cramer)Clearfield Co. Possibly in Graham Tp, Cooper Tp, Kyler Tp area. Margaret later married David Crowell. Supposedly during most of Johns childhood he was known as John Crowell, he assumed his fathers surname about age 15 or upon his marriage to Sarah Josephine Narehood. On his Application for Marriage license to his 2nd wife Hanna Viola Lucas, John listed his parents names as Henry and Margaret. Any help accessing local records within time frame between 1840 to 1860 on the Damey surname or any possible variations thereof would be appreciated.
- MELLOTT, YUNKIN posted by Dave Mellott on Monday, June 7, 1999
- Amos Clyde Mellott graduated in clearfield county mother and Father had a store and lived in Coalport. Buried in cementary near Glendale Dam.
- CALLAHAN, CARROLL, COLLINS, NEIL posted by Teresa Carroll on Tuesday, June 8, 1999
- Is anyone familiar will FALLS CREEK, CLEARFIELD COUNTY, PA? I'd like to know when it was established. My grandfather's obituary (Michael Carroll, d 1908) mentioned that he had lived there since it was established. .
- DUNCHAK, KUFCHAK, MACHEN, MATERNA, MESTAN, WASHELL posted by Charlene Craze on Tuesday, June 8, 1999
- People lived in Becarria Twnshp. and Smoke Run..
- DENNIS, SEDUSKI posted by Chuck Dennis on Friday, June 11, 1999
- I am looking for any information on a Pauline Seduski. She was last heard of in 1946 and living in Tyler, PA. She was my great aunt. Her brother, Joseph Dennis lived in Maryland as a baker and we believe she had another sister in McKeesport, PA. Any information would be helpful
- MAINES, OGDEN posted by Gloria Gloss on Friday, June 11, 1999
- I have reason to believe that John and Daniel Ogden, among the first settlers of Clearfield PA., Clearfield county are related to my great grandmother Sarah (Ogden) Maines. If you have any info. about this possible connection, please share what you know. With sincere thanks. Gloria Gloss.
- DOWN, GOSS, GRAFFIUS, KEPHART, ZIMMERMAN posted by Karen Myers on Sunday, June 13, 1999
- Reposting family surnames again. Looking for connections on the Graffius, Kephart, Down, Zimmerman and Goss names. All lived near the Houtzdale, Clearfield County Area in the 1880's. By the way does anyone know how to get to the Goss Cemetery and its location?.
- BLOOM, DIEHL, ERHARD, FRANTZ, HIGH, ROWLES, TAYLOR, WAGNER posted by Joyce Zimmerman on Sunday, June 13, 1999
- I am searching for info. on my family also. They were all from Clearfield County Pa. My GGGGGrandfather was John Peter Bloom, B.Jan31 1734 in Wortenberg Germany. He died in 1814 in Hunterdon NJ. He married Anna Eva Wagner about 1750. My gggrandfather was John I. Bloom He was married to Susannah High. I am willing to share my info with anyone who needs it.
- HUK, MARUSCHAK posted by Michele DeParasis on Wednesday, June 16, 1999
- Looking for Mother and Aunt's names of Anne Huk Maruschak, Winburne, Clearfield County, PA. Marriage license to Michael Maruschak, 1901. Immigrant ship and port of entry, 1901. Town of origin in Slovakia. .
- BARNHART, JOHNSON, JOHNSTON posted by Steven Stoker on Friday, June 18, 1999
- I have an ancestor, George Johnson/Johnston, believed to have been married to a Sarah or Sophia Barnhart. They settled in Clearfield County very early with a McGee family and perhaps a Mahaffey family. George's daughter became the 2nd wife of Robert Mahaffey, who founded Mahaffey, PA. I would like to find out all I can about these early Clearfield settlers. Thanks..
- EMALA, KAUCZKA, MISCAVISH, MISKIEWICZ, MURAWSKI, OWCZARZAK posted by Kathy Stocki on Sunday, June 20, 1999
- hi, i am working on the above family names that have lived and currently live in the gulich twp. area of clearfield county. my g-grandparents, jacob miskiewicz and hedwig owczarzak lived in moran. the family name was modified to miscavish. while i still need to contact a number of descendants of jacob and hedwig; i am hoping that this message can provide leads to the descendants of jacob's and hedwig's siblings. jacob's brother, frank, and two of his children are buried in the brisbin cemetery. hedwig had a brother, walter, and a sister. thank you..
- LEE, PLATT posted by Sis Baysinger on Monday, June 21, 1999
- Looking for any information on WALTER EMERSON LEE who married EDNA MAE PLATT abt. 1910 unknown birthdates at this time. Children of WALTER AND EDNA are: 1. Jerome Lee 2. Eleanor Lee 3. Thelma Lee 4. Geraldine Lee 5. Pearl Lee 4. William Lee and two other sons. They lived in Clearfield, Clearfield County in 1914. William Lee was born in Clearfield in 1914. WILLIAM LEE married MARY JANE LOCKHART WILSON unknown date. Anyone out there researching the Lee or the Platt lines?
- BECK, CAMPBELL, HUNTER, KITCHEN, MCMASTERS, MCNEAL, PALMER, PENNINGTON posted by Sandy Smetana on Tuesday, June 22, 1999
- I am currently researching the Beck, McMasters families in Clearfield County, PA. I am looking for info on John Quay McMasters, and his twin, Jonathan; their father Enoch or Enos McMasters as well as Enoch's two wives -- Elizabeth Willome and Mary Elizabeth Scott campbell. I cannot locate any parents to either wife. Sandy.
- HANEY, IRVIN, SHOCKEY posted by Alice Balest on Wednesday, June 23, 1999
- Seeking mother of Philena Rachel SHOCKEY b 5 Apr 1844 in/near Curwensville and d 12 Nov 1902 Arborville, York Co, NE. She married Rev Samuel Orwin IRVIN in PA on 30 Nov 1862. Her daughter Amanda Rebecca IRVIN married first cousin Fredrick HANEY SHOCKEY son of Abraham Christopher SHOCKEY and Rachel Chestina HANEY of Curwensville area..
- LAVIN posted by David Kester on Wednesday, June 23, 1999
- Am looking for an infant with the last name of Lavin. Parent's lived in Clearfield, Clearfield Co., PA between 1904 and 1908. They were members of St. Francis of Assisi Church, Clearfield. Any suggestions on a cemetery?.
- CALDWELL, LYNCH posted by Brian Lynch on Wednesday, June 23, 1999
- Researching the Caldwell Family of Clearfield County, Pa and the the Lynch Family of Clearfield and Fulton Counties, Pa..
- BARGER, BLOOM, DIXON, KLINE, LITZ, OWENS, SHAFFNER, WHALING posted by Laurie Owens-Mulch on Wednesday, June 23, 1999
- Looking for any and all info regarding Owens Family of Clearfield County, PA. Please contact me with any info!!!!
- BOOKER, BUTSON, GRICKS, HUNTER, MCINTYRE, REDCLIFF, ROBERTS posted by William Bennett on Thursday, June 24, 1999
- Clearfield,Jefferson, & Clarion Counties.
- CLINTON, DOLBY posted by Bev Mervin on Thursday, June 24, 1999
- I am researching the family of Harry Dolby and Mary(Mae)Clinton of Clearfield and Jefferson County. Would love any info on these family. Thank you, Bev.
- SLOPPY posted by Lynn Simmerman on Thursday, June 24, 1999
- I am researching the Sloppy family in Clearfield County. Earliest known ancestor is Peter Sloppy 1843-1916..
- IRVIN, SHOCKEY posted by Alice Balest on Friday, June 25, 1999
- Looking for the mother of Philena Rachel SHOCKEY, d/o John Valentine SHOCKEY. Born 1844 Curwensville, Clearfield Co, PA, and died 1902 Arborville, York Co, NE. Siblings: Abraham Christopher, b 1847; Frances Ann b 1851; and Matthew H b 1852. Philena m Rev Samuel Orwin IRVIN in Clearfield Co. in 1865. Daughter Amanda Rebecca b Grampian..
- BOOTH posted by Bridget Booth on Friday, June 25, 1999
- Looking for information on Thomas Carson BOOTH (BD 3-11-1859 in Rockton PA; DD 6-5-1942 ) and his family. He was son of Thomas Jefferson BOOTH and Caroline CARSON. My great grandfather Thomas Carson Booth married Clara May GELNETT daughter of Samuel J GELNETT and Mary Ann ASHENFELTER thanks, Bridget Booth .
- SPAID posted by Tim on Friday, June 25, 1999
- i am looking for information about "spaid's" in clearfield county. no luck as of yet..
- BAILEY, BOCHERT, BOGLE, CAIN, CLAYTON, PRITCHARD, REASINGER, SALADA, SHAFFER posted by Patrick Bogle on Saturday, June 26, 1999
- I am seaching for information on John and Catharine Clayton. They lived in Clearfield Co. in 1870, possibly earlier. I am particularly interested in two of their children, Nancy Jane and Benjamin. I believe Nancy married my gg-grandfather, Andrew Bogle. It is also possible that Benjamin (B.F.) Clayton married Andrew's sister, Matilda Bogle. Any help is appreciated..
- PETERS posted by Carol Chillemi on Wednesday, June 30, 1999
- Any info on the Peters' family. I think they lived in the Bigler area. Howard was married to Ora Virginia Henderliter. A brother Clyde(?) lived at Mineral Springs. Any info helpful.
- MCCLELLAN posted by David Hallock on Wednesday, June 30, 1999
- Looking for any information on the roots of John McClellan born in 1827 and died 1885 wed to Elizabeth "Owens" McClellan in 1855. John was the Constable in Clearfild County and the Clearfield jailer about 1870-1880...Also information on McClellans of Clearfield or as mentioned in Aldrich book EX William....Mary....etc.. Thanks so much for any McClellan info. David L. Hallock Clearfield County , Pa..
- BIBBY, LEWIS posted by Donna Stevenson on Wednesday, June 30, 1999
- I am looking for information regarding the Lewis Family in Clearfield Co.,PA. My grandfather, Clair Lewis was born in SmokeRun, PA Jan. 1912. His parents were William Lewis and Catherine Bibby. His siblings, Bill Lewis (killed in a coal mine), Ray Lewis, Ralph Lewis, Carl Lewis and Margaret Lewis..
Return to the Archive Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Clearfield County Genealogy Project
© Clearfield County Genealogy Project