- LEABHART posted by Peter Leabhart on Saturday, May 1, 1999
- I'm looking for a Leabhart male buried in the Odfellow Cemetery in Brisbin, Clearfield County, PA. He was buried in Feb. 1883 and he was 92 years old. I don't know his first name but he had a son named Soloman who moved to Iowa.
- HOLT, JURY, LUZIER, MAINES, SHIREY posted by Deann Marshall on Monday, May 3, 1999
- I am descended from the Shirey family. I have back to Jacob SHIREY, born in Dauphin Co. (c.1800), married Mary Luzier. The others surnames mentioned come to play along the line in the above mentioned children and grandchildren etc. Jacob and Mary married in Clearfield Co., and settled in Bradford Twp., had many children, and then a couple of generations later, the grandchildren of them moved to Lecontes Mills, PA and settled there. All my life I have been told that I haven't been related to the SHIREY's of Bigler/ Woodland area, but it seems that I am. I would like to get to know any/all of them better, and figure out some more connections we may have. If anyone has any info to share w/ me, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org..........If anyone has any comments to share w/ me, please do the same. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you soon..
- BOWSER, BRAUN, RICHARDS, SEEGER, WAPLE posted by Margie Bridges on Wednesday, May 5, 1999
- Am seeking Clearfield County information about Johann Martin SEEGER and Christine BRAUN Seeger, who lived in Houtzdale for three or four years in late 1860s and early 1870s. Might have had children while living here, perhaps some died and were buried nearby. Curious as to occupation. Moved to Tyrone afterwards. Would have gone to Lutheran Church, mixed with German speaking community.
- LONG, MAFFITT posted by O. Moore on Monday, May 10, 1999
- I am looking for parents of James Long, born 15 Mar 1865 who lived in Clearfield. His parents were James & Mary Long and siblings were Richard, born 1862 and Thomas born 1867.
- CROFFORD, KITCHEN, MONTGOMERY, NEFF, PENNINGTON posted by Beverly Buffo on Friday, May 14, 1999
- Am interested in finding out any information on the Kitchen family of Clearfield County. My greatgrandfather was Abbott Riggs Kitchen and my grandfather was Emerson GileK Kitchen who married Nellie Crofford in Oklahoma in 1912. Would like to know where they are buried and if any one can help me get pictures of any of the Abbott R. Kitchen family. Also do not know about the family before 1796. If anyone can help me I will appreciate it very much . Thank You.
- HILEMAN, MILEGAN, MILLIGAN posted by Hal Hileman on Saturday, May 15, 1999
- Searching for any information on the HILEMAN family who resided in Clearfield Co. around 1835. Their were several Hileman's who were related. I would like to hear from anyone who has any information whatsoever. I would be happy to share what I have on the HILEMAN family.
- EVANS, EVEANS, VINSON posted by Sarah Huber on Saturday, May 15, 1999
- I am a decendant of Martin B. and Lydia Vinson. They had the following children: Ivadelle Adeline, Charlotte Elisabeth, Genevieve Twilda, Lyman Everson, Winfield Scott, Melvin B., Sarah, James Henry, Vernita Belle -- all residing in Clearfield or Warren Counties, Pennsylvania @ 1890.
- MCCRACKEN, MILLER, ROYER, WAGNER posted by John McCracken on Saturday, May 15, 1999
- My Grandfather JOHN NELSON MCCRACKEN was from Clearfield County,married a BESSIE MILLER,he worked for the PRR for 45 yrs.He had sons,EARL,LESTER,HERBERT and my father JOHN BROOKLYN MCCRACKEN of Altoona.Grandfather born 5/15/1882,died 12/12/1973. Seeking his family.
- ASHURST, PATRICK posted by Julie on Sunday, May 16, 1999
- Looking for family of Mary ASHURST. Mary came to USA about 1880 from England. She married William PATRICK in 1884 and they resided in Clearfield Co.
- CONOWAY, GRAHAM, MOURY posted by Paul Forcey on Monday, May 17, 1999
- My family of Grahams were neighbors to a Roland Graham in Bradford township, Clearfield County in the early part of this century. I do not have any detailed info on Roland or his children, but you could contact my uncle, Francis Forcey, who lives in Bradford Township at Shiloh and was for years caretaker of the Dales Methodist church Cemetery. I'm sure he can give you a line on Roland's decendants if any are still living in the Shiloh areaand possibly confirm if this is the same Roland Graham as the one you are looking for.
- DRUGGS, WISOR posted by Sylvia Gisewhite on Monday, May 17, 1999
- My father is a Wisor, Frederick R, Jr. His father married Mellissa Druggs and the lived in Mineral Springs (Frogtown) Clearfield county. I too am reserching the Wisor surname.
- PASSMORE posted by Ivan Steinke on Saturday, May 22, 1999
- My name is Ivan Kent Steinke. I am 25 years old and live in Beaver City, NE. I am a great-great grandson of Adam S. Passmore (1866-1944) through his daughter, my great-grandmother, Mabel Ruth Passmore. Grandpa Passmore has always been a family mystery, because he divorced my great-great grandmother in 1905, left Nebraska, returned to Clearfield County, Pennsylvania, his place of birth. Now of his descendants ever saw him again.
I would like to find out personal information about Adam S. Passmore, and maybe some pictures. I am also interested in any other information which is available about the Passmore genealogy.
To anyone working on the Passmore genealogy, this is probably a surprise. Adam S. Passmore only has 12 living descendants, none of whom have ever seen him or the family. So we are a branch of the Passmore clan that (I assume) nobody even knows exists.
- CASHER, DRUGG, FITZGERALD, GISEWHITE, KOCH, SWANSON posted by Sylvia Gisewhite on Monday, May 24, 1999
- Researching family history - any one have any information of the above mentioned surnames. Areas in which some lived are Hyde, Clearfield, Bigler, Mineral Springs, (Frogtown - Hogback)Swanson came from Sweden.
- WISOR posted by Sally Haller on Wednesday, May 26, 1999
- Hog Back, PA, Clearfied County. My GF was John Wisor born about 1884 in PA. HIs parents were Enic Wisor and Ellen Jane Louder both born about 1849 or 1850. My father was Alton Wisor born in 1914and now deceased. I have a great aunt named Maud and great uncles named George and Fred and Allen a/k/a Amos. any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.
- CHELTON posted by Jeanette Beish on Thursday, May 27, 1999
- Information wanted on the following Fred Chelton 1913-1994 wife Bertha 1911-1980 of Munson Pa. John Chelton 1908-1991 wife Lola 1914-1993 Lanse Pa. J.L. Chelton Hawk Run Pa. Clearfield county. One of the couples had two daughters.Would like to know where buried and where I could get copy death notices?Thank you for help.
- OWENS, STRAW, STROH posted by Robert Owens on Friday, May 28, 1999
- John and Nancy Owens moved to Lawrence Tn Clfd Co. in 1802 from York Co. Their children were Mary, Catherine, Elizabeth, Anna, Keziah, Peter, John and Robert. John and Nancy died in 1852 and are buried in Owens Family Cem in Clearfield, PA. I am searching for John's parents. I think his father was Peter.
- CHAKAN, WANAK posted by James Wiggenhorn on Sunday, May 30, 1999
- Researching the name Chakan from Clearfield County..
Return to the Archive Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Clearfield County Genealogy Project
© Clearfield County Genealogy Project