- SWAAB, WEAVER posted by Fran Andel on Friday, April 2, 1999
- My father was Charles J. Weaver. My grandfather was Fred Weaver and he married Lydia Mae SWAAB. My great-grandfathers name was Peter or Pete Weaver. I know of my fathers brothers and sisters names and and there families up to the present generations; but, I am looking for the past generations. We grew up knowing my fathers family came originally from Clearfield. Can someone help... I can be reached at as well as on the list.
- DUNLAP, GREENE, HEWITT, HOOVER, HUGHES, ISENBERG, KEPHART, MAINES, SCHMEHL, TURNER posted by Myrna Hewitt on Sunday, April 4, 1999
- Edward HUGHES (1846-24) (son of Richard and Nancy (KEPHART) HUGHES m. Anna DUNLAP (1854-1822) (daught of Benjamin and Anna Catherine (ISENBERG) DUNLAP. They lived in Decatur Twp, Clearfield Co, PA. I have the HUGHES line but have hit a wall with DUNLAP and ISENBERG. The DUNLAPS lived ind Frankstown, Blair Co PA in 1860 census but were in Decatur for the 1870 census. If you ever seen reference to a Benjamin Jinkins (Jenkins) DUNLAP, please let me know. (after 8/99 my email address is email@example.com}
- TIMLINE, WISE posted by Nancy Cunningham on Monday, April 5, 1999
- On 27 Oct 1919 a Mrs. Fred TIMLINE attended the funeral of my great grandfater William J. WISE in Kane, PA. She may be a niece of his. Who were her parents? Siblings? Children? His obituary stated she was from DuBois, PA. Any information deeply appreciated.
- CUNNINGHAM, SCHINDEL posted by Nancy Cunningham on Monday, April 5, 1999
- Looking for information or family contacts for...Enzie (CUNNINGHAM) SCHINDEL. Husband Charles O. SCHINDEL. Buried cemetery in Burnside, Clearfield Co., PA 1885-1949. Stone reads "dau of R and R CUNNINGHAM'. Who were her parents? Any siblings? Did she and Charles have Children? All help appreciated.
- CUNNINGHAM, SCHINDEL posted by Nancy Cunningham on Monday, April 5, 1999
- Need information and/or family contacts for Enzie (CUNNINGHAM)SCHINDEL. Buried cemetery at Burnside, Clearfield Co., PA. 1885-1949. Husband Charles O. SCHINDEL. Stone says "dau of R and R CUNNINGHAM. Who were her parents? Siblings? Did she and Charles have children? All help appreciated.
- FULKERSON, GINTER, KANE, STEPHANS posted by Carol Figler on Thursday, April 8, 1999
- I am descended from Jacob Ginter(2nd Marriage)m/Agnes W.Kane(GG Grandparents)whose daughter,Melissa Ginter married into into my Fulkerson line**(descended from early dutch settlers)/John Fulkerson b.1759/Som.Co.NJ m/Catherine Slaght/Morr.Co. NJ:their son Jeremiah m/Mary Miller,(lived) Northumberland Co.***/son:(gg-grandfather Samuel Oaks Fulkerson, moved to Clearfield)(m/Oreanna Stephens(da.of Benj.and Eliz. Stephens)whose son, John Oaks Fulkerson m/Melissa Ginter. Their son was my grandfather,Samuel Grant Fulkerson,my father is Joseph Fulkerson,all from Clearfield County area(Gulich, Ginter,Houtzdale, Brisbin)Many buried in the Ginter cemetary..
- JENKINS, TULLY posted by Martha Fehr on Saturday, April 10, 1999
- Need information on death of John Thomas Tully, b. ca 1832, probably in Ireland. He reportedly was "murdered" ca 1885-1890, location not known. He was the father of Elizabeth Ann Tully who m Charles Jenkins 1883 in Cambria Co. PA. Charles Jenkins and Elizabeth Tully Jenkins were living in Houtzdale, Clearfield Co. PA at the time. There is a Thomas Tully buried in the Catholic Cemetery, but the dates appear to be wrong. Any clues would be appreciated. Will share information. Thanks..
- KRUSE, MEEHAN posted by Carol Kruse Nolte on Saturday, April 10, 1999
- In my grandparents wedding announcement - found recently - there is reference to "Mr. and Mrs. J. A. Kruse of Bethlehem, Pa." (which is apparently in Armstrong, Clarion, Clearfield & Northampton Counties!). The wedding took place around 1916-1917. Can anyone help me identify this couple?
- BEST, BUCK posted by Gloria Gloss on Monday, April 12, 1999
- I am searching for information on my great grandfather Harry Buck and my great grandmother Clara (Best) Buck who lived in Clearfield county.
- BARNETT, STRAW, STROH posted by Rebecca on Tuesday, April 13, 1999
- Searching for info on Robert Barnett b. 1879?, Clearfield Co., PA m. Ruth Silva Straw 1905. Have much info on Straw, none on Barnett. Any connections to anyone. Appreciate any help.
- EVEACHAK, MARCINKO, MORAS, SMALCOH, SMOLKO posted by Albert Smolko on Thursday, April 15, 1999
- Information on SMOLKO Joseph born 1876 lived in Morris Twp Clearfield that came from/thru Austria:: SMOLKI Joe born 1870 ? from Hungary live in Clearfield during 1910 SMOLKO Paul B-1873 D-1956 with wife Susanna (UNK) B-1875 D 1954::: Any connecting information about their brothers/ Sisters that lived in Oseola Mills. I'm trying to make a connection to my father John S. Smolko born in 1907 that lived in Beccaria.::: John's brothers and sisters were Paul 1911, Steve 1903, Martin unk, Francis 1901, Anna 1905 and Joseph 1913. THANK YOU any infromation may help.
- MAINES posted by Carol Maizel on Saturday, April 17, 1999
- Seeking information on Rebecca Pratt Maines, mentioned in 1900 census. Living with Mother Frances Pratt.
- PEACE, WAYLAN posted by Rhonda Peace on Saturday, April 17, 1999
- I am looking for information concerning James Irvin PEACE (1884-1957), and his wife, Laura Mae WAYLAN (1890-1953). The only information I have is they were buried in Brady Township (Clearfield County) at Troutville United Church of Christ Cemetery. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- MAHAFFEY, TYLER posted by Joan Quairoli McAfoos on Sunday, April 18, 1999
- Looking for information on David TYLER and wife Isabella MAHAFFEY TYLER. Here is what I have on them
David Tyler b: March 19, 1809 in Vienna, Oneida County, New York d: November 23, 1882 in Huston Township, Clearfield County, PA married Isabella Mahaffey b: Abt. 1810 in Lycoming County, PA m: January 30, 1830 d: August 13, 1902 in Huston Township, Clearfield County, PA
There children were: John C. Tyler b: in Trout Run, Lycoming County d: in Alleghany County, PA
Mary Anne Tyler b: September 29, 1831 in Trout Run, Lycoming County d: January 08, 1913 who married Robert C. Packer b: September 12, 1823 in Bald Eagle, PA m: August 20, 1851 d: October 03, 1896
Rozanna Tyler b: in Trout Run, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania d: in Huston Township, Clearfield County, PA
Margaret Tyler b: in Trout Run, Lycoming County, PA married William Schryver
Martin V. Tyler b: in Trout Run, Lycoming County, PA
Martha B. Tyler b: in Trout Run, Lycoming County, PA
James A. Tyler b: December 02, 1840 in Trout Run, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania
Phebe E. Tyler b: in Trout Run, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania d: Abt. 1932 in Tyler, PA
Emma Tyler b: in Trout Run, Lycoming County, PA d: 1875 married Charles Coryell
David Tyler d: in Centreville, PA
Thanks for any help or leads you can provide..
- HOOVER, JURY, KYLER, RALSTON, SHIREY, STRAUSSER, WIREBAUGH posted by Howard Lininger on Monday, April 19, 1999
- Am a descendant of John Hoover of Berks Co who moved to Clearfield Co. in early 1800s. He had chidren born in Union and Centre Co before settling in Clearfield Co. The sons setttled near Kylertown and at one time were the Hoovers responsible for the "Hoover Settlement."
My maternal line extends through the Jury family which, for the most part, lived in Girard Twp. Clearfield Co.
- FORCEY, HOOVER, KYLER, POTTER, RUBLEY posted by Howard Lininger on Monday, April 19, 1999
- Sara Hoover, daughter of John Hoover who was born June 6, 1789 In Berks Co., Pa married Joe Rubley. They had 8 children: Magdaline, Sophia, Euphemia, Joseph, William, Samuel, Edward and Sara. Does anyone know of this family? They lived in Clearfield Co. at least part of their lives. She was probably born around 1820.
- NOVAK, NOWAKOWSKI, WISNIEWSKI posted by Jill Novak on Monday, April 19, 1999
- Looking for relatives of John Nowakowski, born in Poland and arrived US 1911. Worked in coal mines and lived in Houtzdale, PA. He is my grandfather, who was already deceased when I was born. My father thinks there were relatives in Osceola Mills because he remembers visiting cousins but little else. Any help would be appreciated.
- BLOOM, BOHN, GRANNAS, RASDORF posted by Clara Johnston on Thursday, April 22, 1999
- Searching for any information on Rev. John Bloom, buried in Emmanuel United Methodist Church Cemetery, Winburne. My g-parents, Emil & Emma Grannas/Grannis may have been related to him. They emigrated from Germany about 1888 and settled in Clearfield Co. Thank you for anything you can provide.
- PETTIT posted by Kenny Koziar on Thursday, April 22, 1999
- Looking for parents of John Sam Pettit My g-g-grandfather 1900 census has him boarding in Clearfield co working as coalminer cannot find 1880 census on him. 1900 census said his parents were born in Pa.?
- BROADHEAD, SHOCKEY posted by Alice Balest on Tuesday, April 27, 1999
- Looking for any information on John Valentine SHOCKEY who resided in/near Curwensville in the 1860's. He had 11 children, four of whom I believe had a different mother than the others. His children are: Philena Rachel, Abraham Christopher, Frances Ann, Matthew H, Kate Wood, John W, George W, Amanda, Samuel Taylor, Nancy, and Susannah/Sarah (heard both names).
- KOPLIAUSKI, RIBINSKI posted by David Huffman on Tuesday, April 27, 1999
- I am looking for information on the Simon Ribinski family who lived at 527 South Ave. DuBois, Clearfield County, Pa. and the Stanislaus (Stanley) Kopliauski family who also lived on South Ave, DuBois Clearfield Co Pa. Constance Kopliauski and two Daughters died in a house fire on Oct 1st 1910. Stanislaus died in May of 1913 and the two surviving children were placed under the guardianship of Simon Ribinski, their uncle.
- BURKET, CARTER, MULSON posted by Jeanette on Wednesday, April 28, 1999
- I am looking for information on James CARTER (b. June 28, 1837, d. August 2, 1900) and his wife Elizabeth ? (b. 1842, d. July 21, 1908). They had a daughter named Mary E. CARTER (b. Ocotober 7, 1863, d. ?) who married James MULSON (b. July 14, 1860 in Ireland). James CARTER and his wife Elizabeth are buried at the Catholic Cemetery in Houtzdale, Clearfield County. This is the only connection that I have made to this county so far. James MULSON and Mary E. CARTER had a daughter, Nanny Regina MULSON (who is my great grandmother)b. October 3, 1889 in Nanty Glo, d. May 26, 1961 in Bedford County. Nanny married Monroe BURKET. If anyone has any information they could share with me on these families, I would sure appreciate it. I am in Alabama and have limited access to records from Pennsylvania. Thank you so much.
- BROTHERS, PENTICO, PENTICOFF, ROLLAND, YOUNG posted by Angela Somers on Wednesday, April 28, 1999
- John PENTICOFF , b. @1800 in Clearfield County, PA married Katherine YOUNG, b. 1804 in Yorktown, PA. They had at least one son, Philip PENTICOFF, b. 1828 in PA. Philip married Mary ROLLAND, she was born in 1833 in Clearfield County. Philip and Mary had at least one son, Solomon PENTICO b. 1855 in Clerafield County; he married Leuna BROTHERS who was b. 1855 in Clearfield County.
Return to the Archive Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Clearfield County Genealogy Project
© Clearfield County Genealogy Project