- BEERS, BRAUN, GEORGE, STEIN, ZUMSTEIN posted by James George on Monday, March 1, 1999
- My gggrandmother was Elizabetha (STEIN) ZUMSTEIN, b 29 January 1830 in the Evangelische Finkenbach, Pfalz, Bayern. Her parents were Adam and Elisabethe (BRAUN) STEIN who were married at the same church February 6, 1829. Elisabetha farmed 1200 acres of land in Troutville, Brady Township according to 1860 PA census. Died in October 5, 1899. Husband's first name also unknown but I believe it to be Christian. Believed to have died in Clearfield County, PA. Children included: John, Christian, Sussana, Rachel, George ZUMSTEIN. Grandchildren included: Jacob John, Jesse, Lafe (Labana), Dorsey, Oliver, Katie.
- HEILBRUN posted by Rick Heilbrun on Tuesday, March 2, 1999
- I am doing research on the Heilbrun family. I have many photographs that need identified. Can anyone help?
- HAAG, KNARR, KNERR, LINN, MORSCHEL, WEISGARBER posted by Joan Huber on Tuesday, March 2, 1999
- The HAAG / KNARR family genealogy is very confusing. The family you refer to is this one: Christian HAAG son of Christian HAAG & Mary Elizabeth; b. 17 Sep 1821 in Gersbach, Rhineland-Pfalz, Bavaria, Germany; d. 6 Jan 1892 near Troutville, Clearfield Co., PA; bur. Troutville Union Cem.; md. Maria Charlotte KNARR dau. of Johann Georg W. KNERR & Maria Louisa WEISGARBER; b. 5 Sep 1819 in Gersbach, Rhineland-Pfalz, Bavaria, Germany; bur. in Troutville Union Cem., Clearfield Co., PA. The family I descend from is this one: Christian HAAG son of Georg Jacob HAAG & Maria Elisabetha LINN; b. 13 Jun 1815 in Windsberg, Rhineland-Pfalz, Bavaria, Germany (note that Windsberg & Gersbach are only a hop, skip, and jump from each other - both near Pirmasens); d. 20 Oct 1899 in Bloom Twp., Clearfield Co., PA; bur. United Church of Christ Cem., Luthersburg, Clearfield Co., PA; md. Katharina (Catherine) KNARR dau. of Georg Heinrich KNARR & Charlotte MORSCHEL; b. 27 Oct 1823 in Gersbach, Rhineland Pfalz, Bavaria, Germany; d. 29 Mar 1900 in Bloom Twp., Clearfield Co., PA; bur. United Church of Christ Cem., Luthersburg, Clearfield Co.,PA. As you go back up the pedigree both of these HAAG families & KNARR families tie together. I have research data from Adolph Rothaar of Germany showing how the KNARR families tie together back in Germany. I have research data from Adolph Rothaar on the HAAG families as well & strong evidence suggesting how the HAAG families tie together, but further German research is needed. I am interested in photos for the KNARR family you mention, but cannot help in identifying unknown faces. I have only one HAAG photo (believed to be Elisabetha HAAG HARTZFELD wife of Christian HARTZFELD 3rd) & no KNARR photos.
- ROWLES, WOLFE posted by Laura Steinmetz on Tuesday, March 2, 1999
- Looking for information on John Swan WOLFE m.Harriet ROWLES Lived in Clearfield Co. in 1920 Census. Have all ROWLES information, request any info on WOLFE line. I am the GGD of William Olean WOLFE, currently living in Decator, PA. Please e-mail or write to me. 1630 19th Ave, Bloomer WI 54724.
- BLOOM posted by Linda Valetta on Tuesday, March 2, 1999
- I am also looking for my Bloom ancestors. My Grandfather Sheman Bloom lived in Bennezette with his grandparents Morey's. His Father divorced their mother and left the area. He was from NewMillport probably named Will. NickName of Poe or Poker. The land that the Morey's had in Bennezette was called the Tozer Track.
- ALLENBAUGH, GRAFFIUS, GUTHRIE, HARTZFELD, MCKAY, ZILLIOUX posted by Linda Hartzfeld on Wednesday, March 3, 1999
- Clearfield County names I'm researching.
- LUTHER posted by Nancy Luther on Wednesday, March 3, 1999
- I have an old picture taken early 1900's only people out of 8 that are identified are Martin Luther and suppose to be sister " Egit" taken somewhere around Morrisdale or Snowshoe Pennsylvania area Can anyone help
- ARMSTRONG, FRANTZ, SHAFER posted by James Frantz on Thursday, March 4, 1999
- Eve Frantz daughter of Daniel Frantz and Catherine Shafer, married John Armstrong, Eve was Born about 1800, Died Clearfield Co. Her Brother Joseph Frantz, Died Clearfield Co.
- BILLOTTE, CONAWAY, FLANAGAN, KELLY, KENNEDY, PENTZ, ZITZELBERGER posted by Sara Kelly on Friday, March 5, 1999
- I am looking for any information on any of the PENTZ, KENNEDY, KELLY, FLANAGAN, ZITZELBERGER, BILLOTTE from Clearfied, Pennsylvania, Clearfield County, I new at this and I'm interested in any information, birth records, marriage records, cemetery info, anything at all. I have Justin Augustine BILLOTTE married Catherine CONAWAY and had a daughter Sarah S., I don't know if there were brothers and sisters. Sarah married Ralph Kennedy, I don't know when. Any info would be appreciated.
- LEWIS, LININGER, SMITH, STRIKE posted by Robert Kramp on Friday, March 5, 1999
- STRIKE, LEWIS, LININGER, SMITH/ Decatur, Morris Twp's, Clearfield Co, PA /1890-1920 Leah LEWIS (1885-?) of Decatur Twp, dtr of Job and Ellanor, married Julius STRIKE in 1903. They had a dtr, Martha Strike, b. 1904 at Chester Hill, Clrfld Co. In 1920, Martha Strike married James SMITH (1894-?), son of Archie and Catherine, of Ashcroft (1900) and Gearheart (1920) Precincts. About the same time Martha's mother, Leah, re-married a Lininger (first name unk). Need descendents of Martha Strike and James Smith.
- COLLINS, HELSEL, WHITE posted by Tawnya White on Friday, March 5, 1999
- Looking for any info on Joesph White who married Anna Helsel not sure of the date. They had four childern Joe, Bessie, Alys, and Gilbert Lee White. We know Gilbert Lee White was born in Clearfield, Pa. Also looking for any info on Charles Collins who married Amy Payne, they had at least one child Harry Collins 2 Jan 1899. We are looking for any info on them also. Please email me with any info.
- LABORDE, SHAFFER posted by Marjorie Shaffer on Saturday, March 6, 1999
- Trying to find out when my g-grandfather Peter K SHAFFER and his wife, Rachel Ellen LABORDE, died? Last found them listed in 1910 Clearfield Co, PA Census. But on my grandfather's, John Martin SHAFFER, marriage license which is dated 1923 he lists them both as deceased? Help!!
- BOWSER, COUDRIET, KENNEDY, WILIAMS posted by Kay Kennedy on Sunday, March 7, 1999
- Looking for Levi Kennedy and possible marriage to Margaret Williams time period 1870-1876. Child Charles Franklin Kennedy bn 1875 Clearfield Co. The corner where these three counties intersect (Clearfield, Centre and Blair) is the area most likely where Levi Kennedy could be burried. Lost him after the 1910 census. Any help appreciated.
- TUCKER posted by Robert Kuhnley on Sunday, March 7, 1999
- These tuckers were residents of clearfield county in the late 1800's and early 1900's. The other family members are searching for decendants..
- HOOVER posted by Evelyn McMillion on Sunday, March 7, 1999
- I am looking for the children of John T.and Mary Rebecca Heaton Hoover. I know they had four children, who were born in Centre Co., but in 1898/99 they moved to Clearfield Co. near Curwensville. William W. was born 1866, Enoch J.. born Jan 1869, Daniel born Jul 1880 and Laura E.born Mar 1888. John T. was in the Civil War and d. in Currensville in 15 Oct 1901 in Pike Twp. Mary Rebecca died 17 Aug 1903 She worked for the Bloom family. Enoch, David and Laura were living when Mary died. Laura was only about 15 yrs. David I believe may have served in World I. Does any one have information on these children as to there death dates, mar. dates,spouse, etc , How to find if Daniel did serve in World I, Any help will be appreciated.
- BRANT, KEITH, SROCK posted by Doug Srock on Sunday, March 7, 1999
- Looking for anyone who is researching the Brant Family in Clearfield County. Beccaria Township and possibly surrounding towns. My ggrandmother was Bertha Henrietta Augustus Brant married to Herman Srock.
- BUCK, CODER, MCCRACKEN posted by Gloria Gloss on Monday, March 8, 1999
- My great grandfather was Charles MCCRACKEN. He was married to Mary CODER and is buried in New Millport cemetary. That is all the info I have on him. If you have anymore info on the McCracken's in Clearfield county, I'd greatly appreciate it. Charles and Mary had the following children, Walter, Bill, Jack, Ann and my grandfather Daniel who married Edna BUCK and after her death he remarried.
- LARSON, MCFADDEN, PENNINGTON, SMITH, WEISNER, WESNER, WESSNER, WISNER posted by C. Lenyo on Monday, March 8, 1999
- I'm looking for Clearfield county family. Any Wesner's (WISNER, WEISNER, WESSNER) who might have settled in mid to late 1800's in Houtzdale and any family of John P. Smith b. March 1879 in Houtzdale. His father was Philip Smith born in Beccaria area. John P. Smith's mom was Emma McFadden, who died in 1879. He had an older brother Harry who moved to WVa. Her parents were Amelia Pennington and Daniel McFadden. Amelia Pennington Later married John Larson. Amelia also had a sister Mary.
- HAUGHTON, MARSDEN, TAYLOR posted by Robyn Taylor on Tuesday, March 9, 1999
- SAMUEL TAYLOR, ALICE (?) TAYLOR, ROBERT TAYLOR, JANE MARSDEN TAYLOR,...from PHILIPSBURG,PA 1880-1890. I am looking for decendants of the above listed people. Robert Taylor married Jane Marsden Taylor March 1, 1890. Jane Marsden came to the Philipsburg area in 1880, her parents were George & Ann Haughton Marsden of Ashton-Under-Lyne, Lancashire U.K.. Jane had a sister, Emily Cogan, and brother Richard Marsden. I am trying to find out who the parent of Robert Taylor were and where they were from originally. After Robert & Jane got married they moved to Barnesboro, PA in Cambria County and bought a Bakery..named Taylor's bakery in 1906. Robert was born in 1863, died 1940. The family suspected them to be from England, but no proof yet. Samuel Taylor is believed to be Robert's brother, was born Jan 1864, died Nov 1905, at age 41. Alice was Samuel's wife, we don't know maiden names yet. Please e-mail or call 1-800-867-7802 if you have any information, as I do have a family tree chart on what we have right now. I would be happy to forward it if it helps us find someone in the family. Any help is greatly appreciated!
- DERRICK, FREEDLINE, LABORDE, SCHMITT, SHAFFER, SHUCKER, SHUGARTS, SMITH posted by Cindy Compton on Thursday, March 11, 1999
- Looking for information in the Clearfield Co., PA area regarding the following: Peter K. Shaffer, m. to Rachel LaBorde; Jacob Schmitt(Smith), m. to Catherine Shimmer(Slimmer); Clarence Shucker, m. to Nellie Mae Freedlilne; George Shucker, m. to Caroline Derrick; Daniel Freedline, m. to Julian?
- POPER posted by Michele on Thursday, March 11, 1999
- I am looking for any information on my great-grandmother Anna Poper born in Pennsylvania in the year 1899. She married Frank Spes and had one child in San Francisco, CA.
- KESSINGER, LARSON posted by Pamela Schleicher on Thursday, March 11, 1999
- Searching for the family of Leanora Henrietta Larson b. 9 Oct. 1903, Houtzdale, Clearfield Co., PA. Died 20 Oct. 1988, Chambersburg, Franklin Co., PA, Buried in the Park Lawns Memorial Gardens in Chambersburg, PA. She married Emmett Oyer Kessinger 8 Aug 1923, in Hagerstown, PA. They had 6 children: Emmett Oyer Jr., Esther Mae, William Warren, Jean Alberta, Norman Theodore, and Kathleen Joan.
- CALLAHAN, CARROLL posted by Teresa Carroll on Saturday, March 13, 1999
- Researching Michael Carroll and J. Hannah Callahan from County Cork, Ireland. Immigrated to Everson, PA prior to 1880. Children include: Denis, Maurice, John Joseph (my grandather), Mary Burke, Patrick, and Bridget. Any information regarding ancestors in Ireland or USA would be appreciated.
- MCCRACKEN, WOODRING posted by Judy Leeson on Saturday, March 13, 1999
- I am looking for any one who may know of a Henry McCracken married to Nora Woodring. I believe they lived around the DuBois area in Clearfield Co.
- ALBRIGHT, GOSS, RUSSELL, SMEAL posted by Eileen Corse on Tuesday, March 16, 1999
- Hello....I am researaching the above listed surname. I have some info on SMEAL. I wonder if you had info on the other names? If you would like the SMEAL info, let me know.
- BEAM, BEST, RHOADS, RHODES, RICHARDS posted by Carol Beam on Friday, March 19, 1999
- Looking for information to prove lineage of Henry BEAM and Mary Pauline "Polly" BEST BEAM purported to have had the following children who married into Clearfield County families: Jesse BEAM m Emma RHOADS (RHODES) cir 1884 Sarah BEAM m Michael SCHUCKER cir 1868 Maggie BEAM m Mitchil WATSON cir 1869 Also interested in Henry BEAM's parents, Henry BEAM and Nancy RICHARDS and their migrations from Lancaster to Dauphine to Clearfield to Jefferson Counties in PA during the late 1700s and early 1800s. Very willing to share the information we already have.
- HOPKINS, PENNINGTON posted by Rhonda Jennings on Saturday, March 20, 1999
- Looking for information on Guy Hopkins and his family ancestors as well as descendants. He was married to Clementine Pennington.
- BOALICH, FLEGAL, GEARHART, GRAY, HUNTER, JEFFERIES, MATLEY, MILLINDER, MITCHELL, SENSOR, THOMPSON, TURNER posted by June Matthews on Saturday, March 20, 1999
- Need help in finding ancestors and siblings of all my Clearfield Co. families. My fathers mother was Linnie Mae THOMPSON, his father was ALLEN MATLEY BOALICH. Have Theodora JEFFERIES and Elizabeth MATLEY as gr grandmothers. Also have Elizabeth HUNTER as a 4gr grandmother. I am related to a brother and sister Gearhart on two different lines. Catherine GRAY GEARHARTand her brother Jacob S GEARHART. Will gladly share what I know about these and the other families of Clearfield Co.
- HAUGHTON, HOTEN, HOUGHTON, TAYLOR posted by Robyn Taylor on Monday, March 22, 1999
- I'm researching Nicholas & Ellen TAYLOR of NEWTOWN,PA. They had a son, Robert A. Taylor (I suspect one on several)...who work in the mines in Newtown. Can anyone tell me what mines there where back in 1850-60 in that area...who ran them? Does anyone know the names Taylor's or Marsden's from the Newtown area? I know nothing of Nicholas, but would love too. I know his son, Robert, my grandfather and all his history. Robert married a Jane Marsden from Newtown, according to the marriage certificate filed in Belefonte, PA Court House. I thought she was from Philiphsburg, but maybe the history is wrong! Newtown seems to be the point of interest! Does anything sound familiar? Call (717)843-3081 or E-mail T6261@aol.com...we are family! Can anyone out there, if you have it, check the census in that area...I'm not familiar with that area.
- GEARHART, GOSS, GRAY, GROVE, KURTZ, MCDOWELL, SMITH posted by Melinda Ledbetter on Tuesday, March 23, 1999
- I am looking for information on all of the above surnames in Clearfield county and surrounding areas. My great great grandparents were John Wesley Gearhart (son of John S. Gearhart and Elizabeth Ann Smith) and West Anna McDowell (daughter of Elijiah McDowell and Nancy Jane Marks). I am interested in information not only about them but all relations. I am willing to share what I know.
- BENNETT, KEYES, SHAW, WINNE posted by Donna McCown on Tuesday, March 23, 1999
- Looking for more information on Jeremiah Bennett and wife Sarah Winne. Moved from NY to PA, had daughter Alyda Jane in 1835 born in PA. Though father of Jeremiah was Amos, born 1739. Need help.
- DUDGEON posted by James Dudgeon on Thursday, March 25, 1999
- Looking for any connections to the James Dudgeon family, last known living in DuBois, Pa. Clearfield County, Pa. around 1910-1915. My grandfather James Dudgeon (3rd James)relocated to NW Indiana around 1918 to Hobart, Indiana. He had several brothers and sisters and understood they stayed in that area or went to Washington Co, Pa.......to Belle Vernon, Pa. Any connection or information to DUDGEON family would be appreciated.
- SHORE posted by David Ernest on Thursday, March 25, 1999
- I am looking for members of the Shore family who lived in and around Coalport in the late 1800's and through the 1960's. (Maybe later).
- GRAHAM, HISSELL posted by Gale Boehm on Saturday, March 27, 1999
- Looking for informtion on John GRAHAM who came from England. He was born in 1858. His wife was Mary Esther HISSELL she was born 1857, believed to be Clearfield co. Pa.? They had 9 children: David born 1893 Clearfield Morris twp. Indiana Pa. Oscar,Mary E.,Harry, Edward, William, Minnie, Hannah, Olive E.That's all I know.I come through the line of David. Any help would be most appreciated.
- GAINIKOS posted by John Garfield on Saturday, March 27, 1999
- Looking for info on Greek family, Gianikos, who migrated to Clearfield, Pa. from Ellis Island in the year 1903. Had three sons, Harry, John, Nicholas. Upon his arrival in Clearfield, opened a hat-cleaning business, a billiard parlor and restaurant. Any info appreciated.
- BUTTERS, WEISE, WISE posted by Brian Butters on Sunday, March 28, 1999
- Looking for ancestor information in DuBois, Sandy Twp, Clearfield Co, PA. Through census information, I have discovered my greatgrandmother's parents to be Henry J. WEISE/WISE and Caroline J. -?-.
From a combination of the 1880 and 1900 Censuses for Clearfield Co. PA, this is what I've learned:
Henry J. WEISE/WISE, b. Aug 1836 in PA. married about 1861 Caroline J. -?-, b. Aug 1840 in PA.
children of Henry and Caroline:
Mary, b. Abt 1862 in PA
Levi, b. Abt 1864 in PA
Martha, b. Abt 1866 in PA
William, b. Abt 1868 in PA
Nora J., b. Abt 1871 in PA
Ida, b. Abt 1873 in PA
Levern B. (son), b. July 1877 in PA
Mervin, b. Nov 1879 in PA
Rachel, b. Oct 1881 in PA; d. Dec 1962 in Smethport, McKean Co., PA -- my great grandmother
Mable P., b. June 1883 in PA
Malissa, b. July 1887 in PA
Rachel married abt 1901 to Franklin Wm. BUTTERS, b. about 1877, d. Sep 1938 in Kane, McKean Co., PA. All 9 of their children were born in DuBois. Can find no trace of Frank in the 1900 or prior census data for Clearfield Co. (or anywhere else in PA for that matter; *may* have immigrated from England).
Looking for any additional information on any of the children as well as parents and siblings of Frank BUTTERS and Henry WEISE/WISE and Caroline -?-.
- HANCOX, ROWLES, WESTFALL, WESTPHAL posted by Debbie Anderson on Monday, March 29, 1999
- I am looking for any info on Hazel V. Hancox I was am told she appears in the following sources: 1920 U.S. census, Clearfield County, Pennsylvania, population schedule, Olanta Precinct, 29 Aug 1915 I am also interested in a daughter Margaret Winona Westfall who I believe was living with her. Per Margaret's birth cert Hazel's first husband was Harley Westfall or (Westphal), and she later married Alvin B. Rowles. I would appreciate any information anyone has or if someone could do lookups on these documents. I also have an old family bible of the Hancox family in Venango, PA - am very willing to share information. Thanks very much.
- KUFCHEK, MACHEN, WASHAL, WASHEL, WASHELL posted by Charlene Craze on Monday, March 29, 1999
- Looking for any knowledge of Kufcheck (do not know correct spelling) in Clearfield County early 1900's moved to Ohio Annie Machen (daughter of Jan Mestan (MACHEN)and Mary Washell) married Kucheck (one of sons was Mike) also information on WASHEL, WASHAL Washal and Machen from Autria....any knowledge where ? Thomas, Ann, Mary.....Andy, Eileen.
- OHARA, PHILLIPS, SNEAD, STRAW, ZELNER posted by D. O'Hara on Monday, March 29, 1999
- We are search for any ingfomation on William B or D O'Hara who married Williamina Straaw of Clearfield Co. Daughter of George Straw. They were married on January 1, 1879 in Clearfield County and later resided in Fallen Timber PA .
- VOKES posted by John W.Vokes on Tuesday, March 30, 1999
- Searching for information on the Vokes family in Clearfield County. Specifically, the Harry Duane Vokes family.
- BOWERS, DOVILLE, GLAZE, LEILICH posted by Polly Robin Smith on Wednesday, March 31, 1999
- Looking for information on MacMahon (Mack) DOVILLE and wife Julia (Julie) LINDSTROM who were shown in 1910 U.S. Census living on Tozier Cove with two sons, Otto and Paul. Mack immigrated to U.S. in 1880 from France and Julie in 1882 from Sweden. The boys were shown to have been born in Michigan. Mack and the boys worked in the glass manufacturing industry. ANY info. or leads would be greatly appreciated.
Return to the Archive Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Clearfield County Genealogy Project
© Clearfield County Genealogy Project