- HOLLOPETER, HOLLY posted by William Holly on Tuesday, February 2, 1999
- Would like info on Jason,Raymound,Darrel,Lyle,andGlen Hollopeter. Glen changed name to HOLLY.
- BATEMAN posted by Carole Brennan on Wednesday, February 3, 1999
- Searching for relatives of Samuel/Ellen Bateman who lived in Osceola Mills, Clearfield County during 1880 census. There are buried in Umbria Cemetery in Osceola Mills(1905 & 1903 respectively). They had 9 children, 5 born in England & 3in Pa. They are(born in England) John-1861,Samuel-1862, Thomas-1865, James-1866, William-1868 & born in PA.:Joseph-1870, Lorenzo-1873 & my gr. grandfather George-1875 who married Catherine McGinlay..
- GALLEGHER, HOY posted by James Hoy on Wednesday, February 3, 1999
- Any information on Hoy's from Clearfield County.
- EMERICK, FOLTZ, JOHNSTONBAUGH, NOLAND, PATRICK, TATE posted by Cindy Johnston on Thursday, February 4, 1999
- I am looking for information about the Patrick family that was from the Chester Hills area. William married Mary Ashworth. William was originally from Leeds, Yorkshire England.
- KING posted by Jill Pleshek on Thursday, February 4, 1999
- I know WILSON KING came from Clearfield County and wonder if anyone knows any information about him or about his father JOHN KING. WILSON KING was father to WILLIAM WALTER KING (b.@1856)who later camt to Iowa and fathered my grandfather SHERMAN KING. Anything about the occupations or homesteads of John, Wilson, or William Walter will be greatly appreciated. I have birth and death dates and names of wives but do not know anything else about them. Thanks.
- BUTLER, FISHER, HUEY, HUTCHENS, ONESLEY, SNYDER, STAHLMAN posted by Shelly Woods on Thursday, February 4, 1999
- I am looking for information on the Stahlman family in the Corsica,Pa area. Theodore Raymond Stahlman b.6Sept.1905 d.21Aug.1972 m.Ruby Sara Hutchens on 28Nov.1933. His parents were Daniel Stahlman and Laura Fisher Stahlman. Several family members are buried in the Jefferson Cemetery in Baxter, PA. Theodore was known as Ray. He and Ruby had several children: Florence, Marylou,Fay, Ella, Pauline,Anna, Bonnie,Mytle, Verna, Carol, Daniel, and Clarence. These are the ones I have traced. Please contact me if you have any information. Thanks,Shelly Woods.
- BUTLER, HUEY, SNYDER, WOODS posted by Shelly Woods on Thursday, February 4, 1999
- I am trying to locate William Woods who lived in Clearfield County. He married Josephine Huey and they had one son, Ferman Laverne Woods. William was killed in the armed services before he knew he was going to be a father. Ferman was born on 22Sept.1909 in Dubois, Pa. If anyone has any information please contact me. Thanks, Shelly Woods.
- DAVIS, JONES, WEATHERSON, YOUNG posted by Robin Gawel on Friday, February 5, 1999
- My great, great, great grandfather, David P. Davis lived most of his life in Plymouth, Luzerne Co., PA. He died in 1906. His obituary states that he had three sisters: Mrs. William Weatherson, Mrs. Thomas Jones and Mrs. William Young, all of whom were living in Clearfield County at the time. I do not know the first names of these girls nor do I have any idea where in Clearfield County they were living at the time. David P. Davis (married to Rachel Lloyd Davis and the father of 6) was the son of Edward Davis and Elizabeth Griffiths(?). David P. and his parents were born in England. I am seeking information on these three sisters and their connection Clearfield County.
- BARR, CESTER, HENRY, JACUP, MAIM, MINE, STEWART posted by Nancy Barr on Wednesday, February 10, 1999
- Im looking for my fathers side thair from Clearfield Pa. and around the Dobois area. They are Harry CESTER , Harry JACUP . Willum HENRY, MAIM, MINE, ive looking for anything. about the BARRs of pa..
- BEVERIDGE, CANNING posted by Glen Beveridge on Wednesday, February 10, 1999
- My greatgrandfather James migrated to the Philipsburg area during the late 1800s.His first wife was Mary CANNING they had two sons my grandfather Robert and his younger brother James.He was married a second time [no name].Will share info from Scotland Research done on this family. I am looking for his grave or any relatives from the Philipsburg/Clearfield County area.
- BRETH, PENNINGTON posted by Rhonda Jennings on Wednesday, February 10, 1999
- I have an Ida M. BRETH that married a Jacob PENNINGTON which was my gg grandfather. She was his second wife. They married on November 15, 1915 in Chest Twp. I don't believe the two had any children. I would be interested in hearing from you if you have any additional informaton on this individual.
- EAGLER, JOHNSON posted by Rhonda Jennings on Wednesday, February 10, 1999
- Ann Eagler's father was William Eagler married to Elizabeth JOHNSON. Does anyone have information on William or Elizabeth?
- LUTHER, SMOLKO, YAKUBEK posted by Nancy Luther on Wednesday, February 10, 1999
- Anna Smolko (was her maiden name) was born April 1. 1880 in Zelina Then Austria now Czechoslovakia and came to Snowshoe Pa in 1897 to live with a brother She married Martin L. Luther She died in Morrisdale Pa 1960. Am looking for brother in Snowshoe pa around 1900's Any relative in that area now??
- BRETH, MARTEN, MARTIN posted by Corrinn Schwabrow on Wednesday, February 10, 1999
- Henry (Henrich) Breth born 1792 in Alsheim, Hesse-Darmstadt, Germany. Came to US in 1819 through the port of Baltimore. Died July 4, 1875 in Bell Twp, Clearfield Co, PA. Married Maria Gertrauda MARTIN (MARTEN) about 1810. This info is second hand that I found on the internet. I am looking for anyone who may have some info on any Breth's in PA or NY from any time. Also looking for anyone who can confirm these facts! Thanks for your help!
- BELL, GREENWOOD, LASH, MATLACK, MCCRACKEN, MCGARVEY, SHIRK, SHOWERS, STRAW posted by Mary Lou Byerly on Thursday, February 11, 1999
- I am looking for more information about McCracken, McGarvey, Shirk, Lash, Matlack in the New Millport & Kerrmoor areas in Clearfield County.
- SHORE posted by David Ernest on Thursday, February 11, 1999
- I am looking for members of the Shore family who lived in Clearfield County, specifically in and around Coalport starting in the late 1800's and through at least 1965.
- BLOOM, BOTWRIGHT, MYERS, PICKFORD, RUPE posted by James Nolan on Thursday, February 11, 1999
- My great grandmother, Hannah BLOOM, daughter of William Mettler BLOOM, b. 13 February 1853, married Ben MYERS, in Clearfield Co. Looking for any information about Ben Myers and his family. Another great grandmother was Ellen BOTWRIGHT of Clearfield Co. She was born as a PICKFORD. Her daughter Sarah, my grandmother, married George RUPE. Looking for information on BOTWRIGHT, PICKFORD and RUPE families of Clearfield Co.
- ASKEY, COUDRIET, COUTERET, RENAUD, SHUBERT posted by Judith Anne on Friday, February 12, 1999
- Looking for Coudriet's in Clearfield County, PA Interested in exchanging information.
- FAUDIE, FUNK, HAAG, HARTZFELD, HENRY, HUTMIRE, KNARR, MILLER, SMITH, ZILLIOX posted by Joan Huber on Friday, February 12, 1999
- Seek photos of: Christian HAAG d. 1915/1916 in Punxsutawney, Jefferson Co., PA; md.(1) Anna Maria Katharine KNARR & (2) Anna MILLER. George Jacob HAAG d. 30 Sep 1920 in Big Run, Jefferson Co., PA; md. Anna Christiana HUTMIRE. Henry E. HAAG d. aft 1920 of Victor Twp., Wright Co., MN; md. Charlotte KNARR. Louisa HAAG d. 12 Jun 1920 in Brady Twp., Clearfield Co., PA; md. Jacob FAUDIE. Elisabeth HAAG d. 31 Aug 1920 in Bloom Twp., Clearfield Co., PA; md. Christian HARTZFELD. Lewis HAAG d. 1918 in Union Twp., Clearfield Co.,PA; md. Elizabeth ZILLIOX. Frederick William HAAG d. 1 Dec 1943 in Punxsutawney, Jefferson Co.,PA; md. Catherine Elizabeth SMITH. Conrad D. HAAG d. 3 Oct 1951 near Troutville, Clearfield Co., PA; md. Louisa FUNK. Catharine HAAG d. 28 May 1926 in Bloom Twp., Clearfield, PA; md. Lewis H. HARTZFELD. Adam J. HAAG d. 16 Feb 1944 in DuBois, Clearfield Co., PA; md. Emma J. FUNK. Margaret Magdalena HAAG d. aft 1944 of Claremont Surry Co., VA; md. George M. HENRY!
- PUHALLA, RUSNAK, YIVERNISKIE posted by Martin Rusnak on Friday, February 12, 1999
- Clearfield County Pennsylvania, USA I am looking for possible links to Madeline Yiverniskie Rusnak. b.1893, d.1974 in Hawk Run PA, married to Martin S. Rusnak, Jr.(my grandfather) Also I am looking for Puhalla links to Albina L Puhalla Rusnak b. 1916, d.1991 in Hawn Run, married to Martin L. Rusnak Sr b. 1919, d.1993 (my father).
- EVANS, EVEANS, VINSON posted by John Jaynes on Saturday, February 13, 1999
- Looking for any information on family of Martin B and Lydia (Vinson) Eveans/evans who lived in the area of Hoovertown, Clearfield Co. circa 1890-1904.
- TRAVNEY, URBAN, URBANSKI, WYLIE posted by Pam Wylie on Wednesday, February 17, 1999
- I am researching August and Augusta TRAVNEY URBANSKI(Y). They both came from East Prussia/ Germany. He was born in 1866 and she in 1868. They married about 1888. He emmigrated to this country 1883 and she in 1888. I don't know if they married there or here, he may have gone back to get her or he may have sent for her or maybe he met her here????? Anyway, they had 8 children, all in Munson, Clearfield county. At sometime they dropped the ski/y from the end of their name. Some of their children carried the ski and some did not. Children are Bertha, Conrad, Matilda, August, Augusta, Emma, Margaret, and Marry (Marie). Emma died between 1900 and 1910. Conrad was called Paul and he died in a mining accident. Augusta married John Wylie and moved to NY state. John's father is buried in bloomington Cemetary near Curwensville. If anyone has any information about either of these familys, I would appreciate it.
- COGAN, HAUGHTON, MARSDEN, TAYLOR posted by Robyn Taylor on Thursday, February 18, 1999
- LOOKING FOR: GEORGE MARSDEN & ANN HAUGHTON MARSDEN OF LANSHIRE COUNTY, ASHTON UNDER LYNE, ENGLAND I am trying to find information on our Family: (717)843-3081 or T6261@aol.com Theycamr from Ashton Under lyne England, Lanshire County, then moved to PHILLIPSBURG, PA, then to BARNESBORO, PA and opened the Taylorís Bakery in 1906, then incorporated in 1946.
My Grandfather Robert Samuel TAYLOR (m) Jane MARSDEN Taylor, married March 1, 1880 in Phillipsburg, PA. Jane Marsden Taylor-born Sept 1, 1871 in Lanshire County, England, died . _______,Parents are George & Ann (HAUGHTON) Marsden, Ashton Under Lyne, Lanshire County, England. Robert S. Taylor -born (?) ________ ,died Feb 5, 1940 in Barnesboro, PA, both Jane and Robert are interrd in Barnesboro Northend Cemetery. Both were members of St. Thomas Episcopal Church, Barnesboro, PA.
Both were born in Ashton Under Lyne, England near Liverpool & Manchester. JANE MARSDEN HAD A SISTER EMILY COGAN, b. Jul 26, 1883, d. Jan 18, 1967also of Barnesboro aand interrd at Barnesboro Northend Cemetery.
Their Children were born in BARNESBORO-SPANGLER PA, Northern Cambria County area:
1. PARENTS>George Taylor b. d.Barnesboro, PA (m) Virginia (McNaulty) Taylor b. d. (Barnesboro, PA) >14 children were: (1a)Robert Irwin Taylor b. Barnesboro, PA d. Barnesboro,PA(m) Margaret Thomas b d.
(1b)Betty Elizabeth Taylor b. d. (m) Hart Cummons b. d.
>children: (?) (1c)Ruth Taylor (m) Andy Grey
(?) (1d)Helen Taylor(m) Broff Schaffer
(?) (1e)DorothyTaylor (m) John Baker
> Judy Baker(m) Louie Monborune
> Ray Baker (m)_____Monbourne
(1f)George Taylor(m) Geraldine Schaffer
(?) (1g)Laura Taylor(m) Ed Smey
(?) (1h)Charles Taylor(m) Lois Urbain
>Charles Abram(Chuck) (m) Donna Watkins, NY
>Wanda (m) Nicholas Paronish
(?) (1j)June Taylor(m) Ken Morgan
(?) (1k)Edna Taylor (m) Joseph Kirsh
(?) (1l)Edward Taylor b.6/23/36 Barnesboro, PA d.__ (m) Toni Tripodi b.12/19/41 Spangler, PA
Married March 19, 1959, Gardenia Ca, LA county
(?) >Michael b. 12/20/1965, CA
>Janice b. 1/7/67, CA
(1m)Mark Taylor (deceased) (m) Toby- Myrtle Beach,SC
(?) (1n)Bernard (died at birth)
2. Ann Taylor b. Jan 10, 1894 in Barnesboro, PA, d. Feb 14, 1978 in Barnesboro, PA.(m) Joseph Pratt(Pittsburgh PA area)
3. Richard Taylor b. April 30, 1897 Barnesboro, PA, d. Nov 6, 1976 Barnesboro, PA.(m) Odessa______________
>children Richard TAylor(Dick)(m)Lois (?)____OH area
Jean Taylor(never married)
4. Gilbert Taylor (m) Ethel_____________
Gladys (m) Robert Simosec (Philadeplphia PA area)
(?) Betty Jane (m)________________
(?) 5. Harold Samuel Taylor b. March 3,1906,Barnesboro, PA, d.Sept 6, 1976,Spangler,PA. (m) Dorothy Winifred Rounsley b. Feb 5, 1911 Houzdale, PA, d. June 20, 1971 Barnesboro, PA. ,Dorothy was the daughter of Harold Rounsley & Elizabeth (Archibald) Rounsley. Sister of Harold Rounsley, Arch Rounsley, Lola Visnyiczke d. Oct 24, 1978. Both Harold & Dorthoy Winifred are interrd at Northend Cemethery, Barnesboro, PA.
(5a)James Earl Taylor b.__ Spangler,PA d.__ Calif. (m) Shirley Ann Buck b.1/15/1935, Spangler,PA , Married: Aug 23, 1953-Barnesboro, PA
>children >Terri (m) ___________CO area
>Linda (m) Shackleford Long Beach CA area
(5b)Paul Dean Taylor b. Spangler, PA. (m) Shirley Ann Hilliard b.
(5c)Kenneth Harold Taylor b.2/15/46,Spangler, PA (m) Robyn Barlow-Whitecloud b.3/16/55,Tucson,AZ...Married: Dec 11,1970-Dothan AL Courthouse, Houston County.
>Michelle Lynn b.9/27/1974,Spangler PA (m) Mark Althouse b.2/21/62, Married: Nov 23, 1996 York, Pa.
>Kenneth Harold II b.3/21/1980 ,Spangler, PA
>Megan Louise b. 3/21/1981,Spangler, PA
>Rachel Ann b. 12/8/1982,Orlando, Fl
(5d)Joseph Pratt Taylor (m) Cathy Yuhas
6. William Taylor (m) Edna____________
William (Billy) (m)_____________Alexandria,VA area
Kay (m) Ralph Gray_____________Bellfonte,PA area
- KUHNLEY, MILLER posted by Betty Rudolph on Saturday, February 20, 1999
- Does anyone have information on Andrew and Juliane MILLER who were living in Brady Twp. in Clearfield Co. in 1870 with children Samuel 11, Agnes 5, and Margaret 2? My 3rd gr grandparents, Frederick & Catherine KUHNLEY are living in the household also and listed as father & mother in law. However, no other family records, or the 1850 Census for Frederick & Catherine, have any indication of a daughter named Juliane. Was she adopted? Any information to clear up this mystery will be appreciated.
- KIEHL, MARTZ, STAHLMAN posted by Patti Stahlman on Monday, February 22, 1999
- I also believe I am related to Stahlman. My G'father was Grover Scott Stahlman. Do you have anything on him? Sons, Marion Blaine, Earl, Albert, ??? and daughter Hazel Stahlman KIEHL. Marion's (1910-1985)-wife was Hazel Louise MARTZ 1910-1979 Sons Charles F, 1934-1942?, David Lee 1938-1988, William Scott 1942-1994. Daughters Shirley Ann 1936-1996 and Patricia Marie 1949-present.
- MANN, WILSON posted by James Nolan on Tuesday, February 23, 1999
- Looking for information on Lucy H. WILSON b. 11/22/1844 at Clearfield, Pa., married a MANN, had at least one child, Myrtle Elda MANN, b 8/12/1869.
- RISHEL, RISHELL posted by Rhonda Jennings on Wednesday, February 24, 1999
- Looking for anyone with a connection to the surname RISHELL/RISHEL
- SHOWERS posted by Shelly Woods on Thursday, February 25, 1999
- I also am researching the SHOWERS family tree. Do you have a David and Anna Showers in your tree?.
- WARRENDER posted by Bruce Warrender on Friday, February 26, 1999
- Am researching Charles Warrender from Oceola, clearfield county, born 1868 in England. Lived at 608 Hale street in 1920. Had Wife Elizabeth and 6 children.
- MALLOY, MCCARTNEY, MEHALLOW, MIHALOV, PEROW posted by Katharine Mehallow on Saturday, February 27, 1999
- Have little information on these families but they were all living in Clearfield county in the late 1800's..Looking for info. on Patrick/Mary McCartney,Martin/Mary Malloy, Martin/Fannie Malloy, Nicholas Pirow/HelenMotel,John Mihalov/Katie Plevyak. The above are all my great grandparents. Any info. would be appreciated.
- ROBERTSON posted by jbopp on Sunday, February 28, 1999
- Searching for the following: Walter Robertson born December 1843 in Scotland married Charlotte (Love) Robertson born July 1846 on July 17, 1868 in Cadder Lanark, Scotland. Immigrated to the United States in Late 1871 or early 1872. Can be found on the 1900 census in Clearfield Co. Had the following children: Charlotte born September 29, 1868 in Cadder Lanark, Scotland. Margarette born January 31, 1871 in Cadder Lanark, Scotland. Agness born abt. 1873 in Pennsylvania. Mary born abt. 1875 in Pennsylvania. Jennie born Abt. 1875 in Pennsylvania. Walter born on May 20, 1879 in Holutzdale, Clearfield Co., Pennsylvania. Francis born May of 1881 in Clearfield Co., Pennsylvania. Immigrated with a brother who also settled in Clearfield. John Robertson born abt. 1846 in Scotland. Elizabeth born abt. 1844 in Scotland. Elizabeth born abt. 1873 in Pennsylvania. Thomas born abt. 1875 in Pennsylvania. James born abt. 1877 in Pennsylvania.
Return to the Archive Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Clearfield County Genealogy Project
© Clearfield County Genealogy Project