- KUHNLEY posted by Robert Kuhnley on Saturday, January 2, 1999
- searching for decendants of John J Kuhnley of Clearfield County. He was the son of John Kuhnley born in 1830 and Catherine born in 1832.
- DAVIES, KNIGHT posted by David Knight on Friday, January 8, 1999
- Thomas KNIGHT and Annie Maria DAVIES, both of Brisbin, Clearfield, were married on 25 Mar 1886. I have no information on Thomas prior to this date other than the likelihood that he was born in 1865. According to the marriage certificate, Thomas' parents were "Thomas K. and Ellen E. KNIGHT" and Annie's parents were "William and Martha DAVIES". I am looking for any records prior to Thomas' marriage that would give more detailed birth or family information while in the county or when he or his family came to Clearfield county. I am also looking for the location or availability of the Brisbin/Houtzdale cemetery records. William DAVIES should be buried there, and it's plausible that some of the KNIGHT family might be also.
- LAMADUE, ROTHROCK, SHIMMEL, SMEAL posted by Darlene Rothrock on Friday, January 8, 1999
- I am looking for information about Frank Lewis ROTHROCK. His father was George Rothrock (b.1876) married to Anna LAMADUE. Frank's grandparents were Joseph Rothrock (b.1856) and Emaly SMEAL. G-Grandparents were Isaac Rothrock and Mary Ann SHIMMEL. Joseph F. and Emaly J. are buried in the Centre Hill United Methodist Church Cemetery. Frank Lewis died in West Brownsville, Washington County, Pennsylvania on December 29, 1953. I would especially like to obtain a picture of Frank Lewis. I would appreciate any help you could give. Thank you.
- FYE, KNESS, LYONS posted by Janice Harvey-Clark on Saturday, January 9, 1999
- Searching for Lyons, Kness,Fye and related families who lived or still live in or around WEst Liberty Clearfield Co PA for family history.John David, called Dave Lyons who moved to MT in 1910 is my Grandfather. Any help out their.
- MOOREHOUSE, MOORHOUSE, PETERS, WHITEHOUSE, WILLIAMS posted by Barbara Stacy on Sunday, January 10, 1999
- I am researching the PETERS, WHITEHOUSE and MOORHOUSE/ MOOREHOUSE surnames in the area of the small mining town of Tyler in Clearfield Co.
My gr-grandfather was Thomas Peters, b. 10 Jun 1851 in ENG...d. 6 May 1927,Tyler. PA. He and his son John (Jack) T. PETERS emigrated to PA from England, I believe, in the late 1800's settling in Tyler. Thomas married Annie WHITEHOUSE, b. 10 Sep 1864 ENG...d. 9 May 1949 in Tyler. Annie and her parents, Samuel WHITEHOUSE b. 12 May 1838 ENG...d. 7 Jul 1900 Clearfield Co. and Elizabeth (surname unknown) b. 25 Feb 1844 ENG...d. 12 Sept 1908 Clearfield Co., are said to have traveled on the same ship to the U.S. and married either on shipboard or shortly after their arrival.
Thomas PETERS and Annie WHITEHOUSE had the following children: Samuel PETERS, Elizabeth PETERS, James PETERS and my grandfather, Joseph PETERS...b. 13 Apr 1893...d. May, 1963 in Tyler,PA.... married Verna WILLIAMS b. 13 Apr 1893 Byrnedale, Elk Co, PA... d.April 1982 Force, Clearfield Co.
Samuel WHITEHOUSE also had four other daughters born in England who accompanied him to the states. They were: Elizabeth, Alice, Jenny and Emma... Elizabeth and Emma Whitehouse both married brothers, Joseph and Samuel from the MOOREHOUSE/MOORHOUSE family.
Any information on these families would be appreciated..
- AUDEN, BOND, BOWSER, HEPBURN, MCCRACKEN, MCDONALD, RUPERT, TRAVESSICK, TREVESSICK, VITE posted by Richard Auden on Thursday, January 14, 1999
- Researching the following families AUDEN,HEPBURN,VITE,RUPERT,BOND,TREVESSICK,BOWSER,McCRACKEN, McDONALD. Any help appreciated....I am a native of Mahaffey,Bell Twp., Clfd.Co. and currently live in Laporte, Sullivan Co.,PA. Willing to exchange information and provide assistance to other Clfd.Co. researchers. Thanks for your help.
- DRESSLER, JOHNSTON, MILES, RISHEL posted by Sharol Barnett on Thursday, January 14, 1999
- Looking for families in Luthersberg, Clearfield Co. Lydia Dressler, Mary Rishel, Henrietta Johnston, Jeremiah Miles, James Miles, Ellis Miles.
- BISHOP, BOYLE, BRENNAN, PARKER posted by Bonnie Harvey on Saturday, January 16, 1999
- My GGM, Bridget Parker Crowley Brennan, had a sister Hanora who married Dennis Hyde in Wales 1873. I know they had a son John J. Hyde, born in Wales 1874 and he died in Houtzdale, PA in 1957. The other children were Margaret Ellen, Mary Ann, Catherine G., Hanora 'Annie", Elizabeth"Lizzie", Leona, Dennis. These children are also now deceased, but I'd love to hear from their survivors as we share a common GGGM..
- BISHOP, BOST, BOYLE, BRENNAN, CARROLL posted by Bonnie Harvey on Saturday, January 16, 1999
- Looking for the survivors of Rev. Gara BISHOP, who was the first pastor of Clearfield Presbyterian Church and also a physician. He died in 1852, leaving Sarah,his wife, in Brookville, Jefferson County. Their children were: Samuel Barclay Bishop, William E. Bishop, Sarah Ann Bishop English, Jacob Janeway Jones Bishop (my GGF), Emma Bishop Henderson, Ezera Styles Eli Bishop, Louisa Bishop Gates..
- YOHE posted by Irene Boydston on Tuesday, January 19, 1999
- Looking for information on Robert YOHE who married Louisa ? son was James Earl YOHE. Any information is appreciated because this is all I have to go on..
- JOHANSSON, JOHNSON, LUNDGREN, OREN, ORN, WICK posted by Karen Munro on Tuesday, January 19, 1999
- I am searching for the family of Erik M. ORN/OREN b.1862 in Sweden, came to US via Portland, Maine 01/05/1884, Petition for Naturalization 10/1893 in Clearfield Co., PA. WIFE: Johanna S. ORN/OREN (mn. LUNDGREN)also seen as ANNA JOHNSON b. 1859 in Varnersborg, Sweden. FATHER: Johans LUNDGREN CHILDREN: Charles O. b.1885 in Sweden. Ellyn S. b. ? married to Charles Wick Eva Louise (H. Louisa) b. abt. 1896 in Munson, PA. or (Cooper Twp.)married to Samual E. Smith also known as ED or Eddie. (my grandmother) Dewey (Edward Dewey) b. 1899 in Munson, PA or (Forest Co.) UNCLE: Johansson or Jonasson If you know anything of this family please let me know. Thank you in advance.
- DUEZ, GERODEZ, MATON posted by Dee Yetter on Tuesday, January 19, 1999
- Looking for information on Xavier DUEZ, B: Sept. 15, 1908, D:Feb. 1981. Soc.Sec.records show him in Glen Richey, Pa.,Clearfield County. There should be a John and Adolf DUEZ buried somewhere in Clearfield County, Pa.,don't have death dates. They had a brother Joseph Duez who was B:10-4-1876 in Belg.,D:7-12-1954 in Pana, Ill. He immig in 1890. I'm also looking for Louis Joseph Ignace GERODEZ B:5-1838 in Belg.,immig. 1893,wife Adolphine, immig. in 1894 with most of the children. I believe Louis immig. with a brother James B:9/1846. In 1903 Louis & Adolphine returned to Belg, then in May 1903 returned to the US, bringing with them a daughter, son in law Aimable MATON & 3 grandchildren. Someone found a book with them in 1903 returning from Belg. to Houtzdale, Pa. They are in the 1900 census in Clearfield Cnty, Beccaria Twp, Utahville Prec. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Dee, Austin, Tx
- ADELSPERGER, GLASSER, RUPLEY posted by P. Godesky on Wednesday, January 20, 1999
- I'm looking for information about St. Severins, I believe that is in Drifting, Clearfield Co.,PA. John Ruepley (Rupley, Ribley, Reubley etc) married Catherine GLASSER. They had 6 children that I know of. I am told that they are buried at St. Severin. GLASSER RUPLEY ALSO: ADELSPERGER (from Osceola Mills area).
- WARRENDER posted by Bruce Warrender on Wednesday, January 20, 1999
- Looking for WARRENDER surname in clearfield county in the 1800-1900 era.
- HEITSENRETHER, TEATS posted by Pamela Bracken on Thursday, January 21, 1999
- From Clearfield County. William and Mary Teats from the early 1900's. William and Fannie(Brown)Heitsenrether also from the early 1900's. Any information would be helpful.Thanks.
- HOLOBINKO posted by Jean Plazek on Friday, January 22, 1999
- I am looking for information on the Holobinko family from the following areas- Ramey, Houtzdale and Madera. They came in the early 1900's. Don't have exact dates or where exactly they are from, believe Ukraine or Russia somewhere. Does anyone know what ports of call would be used for that area? Any help appreciated..
- BENNETT, EGLER, PENNINGTON posted by Rhonda Jennings on Saturday, January 23, 1999
- Looking for information on the Egler name. My great grandmother was Annie Egler married to Harry Pennington. Their son Harry J. Pennington married my grandmother Alice Regina BENNETT daughter of Harry Bennett and Clara McKenrick.
- GRANNAS, RASDORF posted by Clara Johnston on Saturday, January 23, 1999
- Info on Emil L. GRANNAS & Emma GRANNAS. Came from Germany late 1880's (?). Believe settled in Winburne. RASDORF may have been cousins. Any help appreciated. I've hit a brick wall..
- GREEN, PILKINGTON posted by John Pilkington on Monday, January 25, 1999
- Seaching in the cencus of 1880 , For Osceola Mills, Clearfield Co. for my grandfather John , and his father Thomas. They supposedly arrived from England to Philadelphia via ship August 1879. Would like to find thier origin, port of departation in England, and if other family members were on board same ship.
- GARMAN, WESTLEY posted by M.J. Matthews on Wednesday, January 27, 1999
- Looking for info Great-grandfather William WESTLEY born Clearfield County PA 23 May 1822 married Catharine GARMAN born 1826 possibly Clearfield County PA. 5 known children, Mary Jane WESTLEY born 1845, Sarah E. WESTLEY born 1852, Charles Henry WESTLEY born 1865, Gertrude WESTLEY born 1866, Eva B. WESTLEY born 1872.
- BUSKIRK, VANBUSKIRK posted by Lillie Van Buskirk-Dodson on Thursday, January 28, 1999
- Joseph (Van) Buskirk (VANBUSKIRK) supposedly from Holland met and married Ann Evans in Clearfield County. They lived and flourished along the Hudson River. children were: Mrs. Martin Wickett Thomas who married Mary Brown Charles m. Mary Steinrock Jacob Z. m. Dora Beightol Gaylord m. Effie Steinrock Mrs. Kenneth Adams Mr.s J. B. Clark Ester who died in childhood. Gaylord was born in 1856 in Penfield, PA. Effie was born in 1866 in Johnstown, PA. they married and had children. One son was: Afton Gaylord Van Buskirk born July 12, 1892 in Major, PA. Am looking for brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, and cousins (decendents) of both Afton and Gaylord.
Return to the Archive Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Clearfield County Genealogy Project
© Clearfield County Genealogy Project