- CLOUSER, DUNLAP, FRIDLEY, HENRY, MAYNARD, PAINTER, ROLAND, ROLES, ROWLAND, ROWLES, WEBER, WILHELM posted by Bonnie Morris on Sunday, July 5, 1998
- Am seeking the parents of Elnora ROWLES/ROLES/ROWLAND/ROLAND b. 3 Apr 1826 d. 6 Mar 1906. Elnora was married to George CLOUSER and they lived and died near Rockton, Clearfield Co. PA. Confusion arrises on Elnora's maiden name as her children's death certificates state them to be different. Her death certificate says she is the daug. of Jno. and Ellen ROLAND who were from Juanita Co. PA. One son's cert. says she is Ellen WILHELM; another says ROLAND. Would sure like to find this lady's family. George and Elnora's children were: Susanna m. Simon PAINTER; John m. Julia DUNLAP; David m. Janetta HENRY; Rebecca m. Samuel MAYNARD; George; Eleanora; Reuben; Sarah Eliz. m. Jacob WEBER; James; Amos m. Leah FRIDLEY; Mary Ellen..
- BILGER, FARGO, GILBERT, HENRY, HUMMEL, MACKLIN, PLACE, THOMAS posted by Bonnie Morris on Sunday, July 5, 1998
- Seeking parents of John THOMAS b.ca 1819 Union Co.PA.d. Clearfield Co. PA m. Susanna BILGER d/o Jacob BILGER and Mary Magdelena GILBERT. Children: Amanda m. FARGO; Mary m.1 John MACKLIN m.2 Jackson HENRY; Isaac m. Amelia ?; Abraham; Matilda m. William PLACE; Henry m. Hanna Jane ?; James m. Sophia HUMMEL..
- HENRY posted by Bonnie Morris on Sunday, July 5, 1998
- Seeking lineage of Jackson Henry b. 1840 PA. Resided in Bloom Twp.Clearfield Co. PA . Am wondering if he is relatede to the James HENRY and Lydia (BROOKS) HENRY family. Jackson m.1 widow Mary (THOMAS) MACKLIN d/o John THOMAS and Susanna BILGER. His scond wife may have been a Catharine Miles. Jackson and Mary's children: Janetta m.David S. CLOUSER; Nola; Emma; Milo m. Annie ELDER; William m. Emma HAAG; Vanny; Jackson Jr,; Roy; Mary.
- CONAWAY, CONWAY posted by Bonnie Morris on Sunday, July 5, 1998
- Seeking information on Cornelius Conaway b. 1824 PA m. to Christina ?. Family may have moved from Clinton Co. PA to Morris Twp. Clearfield Co. PA by 1870. Children: Mary b. 1846; Catharine b. 1848; John b. 1851; Grace b. 1855; Delilah b. 1858; George b. 1860 m. Mary Ellen Dickey..
- ALLMAN, MARSHALL, ODGEN, STAGNER posted by Bonnie Morris on Sunday, July 5, 1998
- Seeking information of family of Philip ALLMAN b. ca 1777 Germany. Family located in Brady Twp. Clearfield Co. PA around 1840. Philip's children were: Peter; Godfried m. Louisa MARSHALL; Phillipina m. Jacob STAGNER; Lorenzo; Charlotte m. Lebbeus ODGEN..
- CLUSSER, ROLAND, WEBER posted by Mary Bookout on Wednesday, July 8, 1998
- Would like to know more about Sarah Elizabeth Clousser m. Jacob Weber, Clearfield Co.? Thank you.
- REITER, SCHNARRS, SCHNARS posted by Jackie Jensen on Wednesday, July 8, 1998
- Looking for information re: J.F.W. SCHNARRS(SCHNARS) and his wife CATHERINE REITER and their children--Charles, William, John, Frederick Arnold Augustus, Maria, Sophia, Susan Christiana, Catherine and more. They were among first settlers in Clearfield County. My Grandmother was NELLIE B. SCHNARRS daughter of JOHN SCHNARRS AND SUSAN SOLT. All help is appreciated.
- SHIMEL, SHIMMEL posted by William E Shimmel on Wednesday, July 8, 1998
- I'm trying to find the origin of the name for "Shimel Run". It's source seems to be north of route 970 and runs south, southwest, west and emptys into Moshannon Creek between New Liberty and Donegal. I am a 6th/7th generation decendant of George Shimmel, b 5 Dec 1758 in Heuchelheim, Hessen, Germany. George was known to run a still house in the early days of Clearfield Cn'ty..
- BENNETT, NOLF posted by Margaret Wright on Wednesday, July 8, 1998
- James Bennett 1810 to 1886, son David 1857 to? lived in Clearfield County. Members of Nolf family lived in Clearfield County, Jefferson & Elk counties.
- DONNELLY, MCLAUGHLIN posted by April on Thursday, July 9, 1998
- I am looking for any information about Katherine McLaughlin who was born about 1844 and her husband Patrick Donnelly born abt. 1842. They lived in North Houtzdale Clearfield County, Pa in 1880. They had seven children, James born 1860, John born 1865, Catherine born 1866, Sarah born 1868, Richard born 1873, Mary born 1875, Robert born 1878.
- BEAM, LOHR, MANN, SEYLER posted by Barb Seyler on Thursday, July 9, 1998
- This Seyler family moved to Clearfield Co., Brady Twp., by 1840. They remained in Brady Twp. until sometime between 1860-1870. They are listed in Grasshopper Twp., Jefferson Co., KS in 1870. PETER SEYLER, son of Peter and Anna Catharine (Brosius) Seyler, was born in the Centre Co. area. He was one of 12 children.
Peter married CATHERINE LOHR, daughter of Elizabeth and William Lohr. It is believed one of their sons married one of Peter's sisters.
The children were: Anna who married GEORGE MANN
Mary who married J. M. BEAM
Solomon who married Amelia
George who married Rachael
I will gladly share a large database of information about Peter's family.
What I need is more information about is the family of Peter and Catherine.
- HUBLER, PASE posted by Linda Guerrieri on Saturday, July 11, 1998
- I am looking for any info on my g-g-grandfather, Jacob PASE. He was born in Dauphin Co., Pa. in 1828. He married Catherine Jane HUBLER, daughter of Jacob HUBLER and Suzanne SCHMEHL. His son, Levi Hubler PASE, was my g-grandfather. Levi Hubler PASE married Mary Elizabeth MILLER of Centre Co., Pa. She was the daughter of Joseph MILLER. I believe Jacob and Catherine Jane PASE lived in Clearfield Co., Pa. before settling in Thomas W.Va where they both died and are buried. I cannot find any info on Jacob PASE's parents. Any help would be appreciated. I have some info on the HUBLER line but would love getting any other info anyone might have. Also any info on Mary Elizabeth MILLER would be helpful. Thank you.
- GILDAY posted by Ed Gallagher on Monday, July 13, 1998
- I am interested in information concerning Patrick Augustus Gilday and Jane O'Niell Gilday of Morrisdale, Clearfield County, PA. Mr. Gilday was associated with the mine workers during the early 1900's. To the best of my knowledge he arrived in the US from Scotland, but the family is originally from Ireland. The family home was in what is currently the Weaver Funeral Home in Morrisdale. These are my Grandparents and I have no family to contact concerning their history. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
- DIXON, MYERS posted by Jeff Miller on Tuesday, July 14, 1998
- Searching for John Dixon and wife Mary Myers(Meyers?). John was probably born in Clearfield Co. c 1850. My grandmother thinks they were married in Clearfield Co. Looking for any clues for either John or Mary..
- OBRYAN posted by Michael Haberman on Friday, July 17, 1998
- looking for info on family of Wm M. O'Bryan, b. abt 1830 Ireland; mar. Mary Ann Sindorf of Westmoreland Co in 1858 in Westmoreland Co, & resided in Unity Twp; mar. announcement indicated that he was from Clearfield Co..
- BAUMAN, DRESSLER, GELNETT posted by Sherry Jesberger on Saturday, July 18, 1998
- Researching the Gelnett family from Juniata Co., PA that married into the Hays, Bauman and Dressler families. Quite a few in the Home Camp, Rockton area in Union Twp. of Clearfield Co., PA.
- COONEY, HOOVER posted by Allen Hoover on Sunday, July 19, 1998
- Clearfield County, Houtzdale area: seeking information concerning GGF, FRANK HOOVER, circa 1885, coal miner. Killed in mine disaster 1885. Four children: Frank, Joseph, John and Mary..
- ASHENFELTER, BOOTH, CARSON, GELNETT posted by Bridget Booth on Monday, July 20, 1998
- Looking for information on Thomas Carson BOOTH and his family. He was son of Thomas Jefferson BOOTH and Caroline CARSON. Thomas the father may have been born in Venango Co. BD 3-11-1859 in Rockton PA; DD 6-5-1942. My great grandfather Thomas Carson Booth married Clara May GELNETT daughter of Samuel J GELNETT and Mary Ann ASHENFELTER thanks, Bridget Booth
- BENNETT posted by Connie Kronstain on Monday, July 20, 1998
- David Jacob Bennett 1857 died 10-20-1915 lived in Penfield,Clearfield County, Huston Township - Perry L. Bennett is the son of David -More information available if David is the son of James Bennett - Who is Nolf Bennett -.
- HARSHBARGER, HERSCHBERGER, HERSHBERGER posted by Gary Hershberger on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- I have tied my Great-Great Grandfather to Dubois (Census Report of 1880). Christ. Harshbarger (Christian or Christopher) Married to Harriet (24 years younger than Christ) Am trying to link to a marriage posted in Cambria Tribune (Johnston Area) between Harriet Kettering and Mr. Christian Harshberger on Jan 8, 1864 Also have deed to cemetary plot inn Rumbarger Cemetary, Clearfield County deeded to Harriet Harshberger on July 31, 1883. Supposedly 6 plots were located in lot, but records unavailable to pinpoint who or where. (per phonr conversation with Wallace Lindsy on 12/31/91-caretaker
- HUBLER, PASE, SCHMEHL posted by Linda Guerrieri on Saturday, July 25, 1998
- My g-g-grandfather was Jacob C. PASE married to Catherine Jane HUBLER. Jacob PASE was born in Dauphin Co., Pa. in 1828. He and his wife lived in Clearfield Co. as did his brother, Christian PASE. I would love to learn more about my ancestors. If anyone has any info on the PASE, HUBLER, or SCHMEHL (SMEAL) lines, I would love to hear from you. I have been unable to get any further back than Jacob PASE on that particular line. His son, Levi Hubler PASE, was my g-grandfather and he married Mary Elizabeth Mueller (Miller), my g-grandma. Thank you very much in advance..
Return to the Archive Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Clearfield County Genealogy Project
© Clearfield County Genealogy Project