- ADAMS, GOODWIN posted by Carolyn Pina on Sunday, June 4, 2000
- Looking for info on Edna Adams, dau. of Delmont & Anna (Goodwin) Adams, b Emporium (Shippen) Cameron Co. I believe she died during flu epidemic of 1917..
- MINNIC, MINNICK posted by Anne on Monday, June 5, 2000
- Working on Minnick, Minnic genealogy-- family from NE PA-- have changed spellings too many times-- family from area of Luzerne, Northumberland, maybe Cameron Cnty-- What information do you have??.
- SPAULDING posted by Robert Spaulding on Monday, June 12, 2000
- Hope someone can give information on the railroad that was running in Emporium in 1942 as that was where my father worked. Hope to find name of mother thru employment records (if they still exist). My grandmother was Nellie Spaulding/Rennicks. Any information would be appreciated, thanks for your help..
- BARTON, YOUNG posted by Judy Williams on Tuesday, June 13, 2000
- Looking for information on Jerome Young family. They were found on the 1900 census of Cameron County, Shippen Twp. Wife was Grace Barton. They had a boarding house that housed six "wood choppers". Three children born to this couple; Ruby M., b. 16 Mar 1893, Frank F., b. 25 Dec 1895 and Pearl, b. unknown. The family moved to Idaho in 1902. Would like to find birth documents on children. Any information as to how long they lived there and/or where they came from prior to Cameron County..
- HART, KENWORTHY posted by Robert Bloom on Tuesday, June 20, 2000
- Henry Kenworthy, 4/17/1828-4/4/1913 and his wife Jane Swallow, 6/13/1837-6/28/1893 with two Ellis grandchildren (James Henry and Lucy Ann) arrived in Sterlin Run, Cameron County, PA from Barnsley, England about 1880.
Martha Swallow Kenworthy,8/24/1856-5/7/1933 with her Husband Mark Ellis, 9/23/1852- 10/3/1923, and another child, George arrived about 1882. Martha eventually had a total of ten children, Joseph Victor, Beatrice Jane, vEmma Louise, Mark Oscar, John Byron, Martha Olive, and Grant Kenworthy. I am the son of Beatrice Jane Ellis who marrioed Eugene B. C. Bloom
Martha's brother, George Kenworthy, 6/7/1859-4/16/1924 and his wife Emma swallow, 3/27/1867-7/18/1945 arrived in Cameron county about the same time as Martha.
George and Emma had at least ten children several who died when rather young. One of the chidren, George Harold(2/10/1889-2/3/1972) married (2/26/1916) Georgianna Hart,born in 1895
Most of the Kenworthy's are burried in Whiting Cemetery in Sterling Run, Cameron Co. PA. The Ellis family are buried in Newton Cemetery in Empouium, Cameron County, PA.
I have some additional information that I would be happy to share if anyone would like it.
- LABELLE, UTTER posted by Robin on Wednesday, June 21, 2000
- I am looking to find help with locating information on Rose Belle Utter. She was married to Frank LaBelle. They are burried at Newton Cemetary. I believe Roses parents lived in Cameron County, as did the LaBelles. All I have about the Utters is Roses death date in Dec. 1937. No parent names or sibling names or dates. Can anyone help? Thanks..
- KEPHART, REYNOLDS posted by Harriet Rariden on Wednesday, June 21, 2000
- CAMERON COUNTY==Bethuel Reynolds, Catharine Kephart, thomas Kephart, Thomas Reynolds, -- seekiing parents of BEthuel Reynolds who died in 1867 in Clermont Co..
- DENEEN posted by Kevin Deneen on Friday, June 23, 2000
- I am searching for any information or data documenting BIRTH or CHRISTENING in CAMERON county, PA (Emporium) at a CATHOLIC Church for CORNELIUS DENEEN, b. 17 January 1892. Parents, Cornelius Deneen and Ellen Mary Curry Deneen. What Catholic church would have been in or near Emporium in 1892 and does it still exist?.
- KILLEEN, ROCKWELL, RYAN posted by Ann Bauman on Monday, June 26, 2000
- Ryan-Killeen-Rockwell - of Cameron County. Some of them may have lived in Sterling Run or Emporium. Any info would be appreciated Ann
- BARR, DENT, JOHNSTON, JORDAN, OVERTURF, SMITH posted by Gene Johnston on Monday, June 26, 2000
- I am looking for a Joseph Johnston, born in Pa. in 1824, who married Rachel Smith, born in Pa. in 1834. I believe her parents were George Smith and Elizabeth Overturf from around Driftwood in Cameron County. Rachel would have been the oldest in a family of 8. They came to Wisconsin between 1868 and 1871. Their children were Joseph, born in 1854; John, born in 1857; Jane, born 1858; Josie, born 1860; Mary , born 1862; Elizabeth, born 1865 and Jeramiah born in 1868. All of these children were born in Pa., presumably around Driftwood. I know some of the family married into the Jordans, the Dents, and the Barrs. Rachel's youngest brother, George Alonzo, lived with the family in Wisconsin until at least 1880. I believe that Joseph came from Columbia Co. and that the family was in Philadelphia before the war. When they came to Wisconsin, they came along with some of Rachel's family, the Smiths, of which some of them were here before they arrived. They settled in Dunn Co. ! in Wisconsin. Does anyone have any idea what nationality the Smiths were? Many thanks. Gene
- BARBER, HICKS, STUART, WILSON posted by Linda Valetta on Tuesday, June 27, 2000
- Florance(Hicks)died in Driftwood July 1939. In her obituary there are two daughters listed: Mrs. Dean Wilson and Mrs. Morgan Stuart of Emporium. I am trying to find them or their children. Linda.
- ROOT, ROTES posted by Jackie Root on Thursday, June 29, 2000
- We are looking for the burial site of Stephen Russell Root possibly AKA Russell Rotes. He died August 14, 1885 in Lumber Township, Cameron County, PA. He owned a house and property there which was sold by his son George on September 19, 1885. His estate is listed under the name of Russell Rotes..
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Cameron County Home Page
© Cameron County Genealogy Project