- GIDDINGS, JORDAN, MENDENHALL posted by Blanche Thurman on Monday, January 3, 2000
- Noticed the obit of Blanche JORDAN MENDENHALL who married Thomas J. MENDENHALL on 5/17/1950 who died in 1965. My great-grandfather was Thomas Jefferson Mendenhall (b.1845 d.1920)who married Susan Mary GIDDINGS in 1869 (b.8/16/1844 d. 1922). Thomas had siblings named Phillip, Elizabeth, Benjamin, and William. My great-grandparents left IA or IL in 1893 to make the "land run" in OK, homesteading on 9/16/1893. Can anyone out there shed any more light on the Mendenhalls? Any help would be appreciated.
- BARR, MARSH, MILLER posted by Mike Marsh on Monday, January 3, 2000
- I'm looking for any information on John Barr (1787) father of William Barr (William married Sally Miller), Sally and William were Parents of Selena Barr, Wife of David Foster Marsh. The time from for this linage would be from mid-1700s to late early 1900's. David Foster Marsh died in 1912 in Mason Hill, Cameron county. These people all lived in and around Cameron, Elk, and Clinton counties their entire life.
- BODINE posted by Michael Caldwell on Thursday, January 6, 2000
- I am looking for any surviving members of maiden name Ruth Bodine..
- BORING, GUYER, HIBBARD, KELLEY, MCCRACKEN, MELIUS, NIPPS posted by Josie Rudnik on Tuesday, January 11, 2000
- I am searching for any leads to ancestors or descendants of George M.KELLEY & Susie McCRACKEN,my great-grandparents.I am told that George's middle name is Mead or Meade.Susie's might be Anna.George was born in 1891 in Mahaffey,Pa and died 3/25/1955(I am told he died somewhere near Altoona,Pa. He had family there???).Susie was born in 1889 in Grampian,Pa and died April,1942 at Memorial Hospital in Johnstown,Pa.She lived in the Lincoln section of Nanty-Glo,Pa.Her obit says she was the sister of Edward & David McCRACKEN of Lumber City,Pa,Cort & Newton McCRACKEN,Mrs.Carl NIPPS & Mrs.Emma GUYER all of Grampian,Pa & Barney McCRACKEN of Oakland Grove,Ill.They had 3 children:Mary E.KELLEY born 9/1/1911 and died 10/22/1975.She married Edgar MELIUS.Ralph Kelley born 5/9/1914 and died 9/10/1981.He married Nellie HIBBARD.Harvey J.KELLEY born 11/30/1916 and died 9/21/1944.He married Mary BORING(my grandparents).Any help would be greatly appreciated..
- LORD, SHAFFER posted by Dee Zito on Tuesday, January 11, 2000
- I'm searching for parents and/or siblings of Alice LORD who m. James A. SHAFFER about 1860-1866 in Gibson Twp, Cameron Co, PA (may have still been Elk Co). They lived in Grove Twp, Cameron Co. Alice & James had 2 sons--Herman E. b. Nov 26, 1868, d. Dec 18, 1870 (buried Jerico Cemetery) and Orville Henry b. Mar 24, 1870. I can't find any reference to Alice LORD after Orville's birth.
There's a Lord Cemetery in Cameron Co. and I've seen a few references to the Lord surname, but can't make a connection. According to oral family history, Alice is buried in Huntley Cemetery (in an unmarked grave?).
Does anyone have a brief outline of the Lord family who lived in Cameron Co. in the mid-1800's? Or better yet, does anyone know of an Alice LORD who may have been born 1840-1850? Thanks for your time.
- HAZELTON, TANNAHILL posted by Dewey Tannahill on Tuesday, January 11, 2000
- Searching for any leads to the lineage on Magruder TANNAHILL b. 1808 PA (by my records) m. Teressa HAZELTON. Resided in MO and KS. d. Odesha, KS. Unable to trace any existance in PA or any parents for Magruder. Spelling was changed at times to Tannehill. any info appreciated..
- BARR, JOHNSON, JOHNSTON posted by Walt Dean on Friday, January 14, 2000
- Looking for parents of Harriette A. Johnston or Johnson. Have records with both spellings. She always used middle initial of "A." when she signed documents. B. 19 Aug 1826 in Luzerne co., PA. Married Jacob Barr, of Miller Run area, 19 Aug 1848 at Lockport, Clinton, PA across river from Lock Haven by Justice of Peace Charles Creys. Jacob listed in 1850 Gibson twp. census with parents, James and Margaret Barr. Harriette and daughter are not listed. They are listed with Jacob and 5 children in 1860 right after his now widowed mother.Harriette's parents should be in area but haven't been able to locate in 1850 if for some reason she and daughter are with her parents..
- BERFIELD, MILLER, OVERTURF posted by Donna Gigliotti on Monday, January 24, 2000
- I am looking for information on my 2gr grandfather, Reuben Miller, b.Feb. 4, 1810 Gibson Twp.; d. May 2, 1891 in Wayne Twp. Clinton Co. He first married Anna Maria Berfield, b. Feb 3, 1810, d. Oct. 31, 1841. Second wife, Polly Overturf. I am looking for parents and siblings of Reuben. Anyone that can provide assistance will be greatly appreciated.
- WHITMORE posted by W.J. Hawkins on Tuesday, January 25, 2000
- Looking for given name of Whitmore patriarch who left Pa in 1870's. Family source said to be either Lumber City or Lumber Town (near Warren). Town was gone by 1930's. Children were Warren Bell, Amanda Leona, Maggie and Lydia. Older Mrs Whitmore died in Pa prior to family departure. Family lore said that was the reason for going to Mo. Settled in Lee's Summit near Kansas City. Whitmore Hill noted in guestbook triggered new hope..
- BARR, BROOKS, JOHNSTON posted by Walt Dean on Thursday, January 27, 2000
- Now have names of parents of great great grandmother Harriette A. Johnston Barr. Father was John Johnston born in Massachusetts about 1800. Mother Rebecca Brooks born in Queenstown, PA. Harriette A. (always used initial "A" when she signed documents)was born in Luzerne county, PA on 19 Aug 1826. Married Jacob Barr in Lockport, Clinton, PA on 19 Aug 1848. Lived in Miller Run until after Civil War when Jacob went to Minnesota to claim veteran's land and Harriette A. sold the property at Miller Run. Would like any info on John & Rebecca Brooks Johnston..
- HAINES, HAINS posted by Yvonne on Saturday, January 29, 2000
- I am looking for information on a Hetty Hains, b. Emporium, 10-7-1853. She married a Daniel Burns, b. 3-23-1838. He may have been born in Juniata Co. They moved to Austin, and from there built a raft and went down the Susquhanna River and finally stopped in Lanc. Co. Any information would be greatly appriciated..
- FISHER, HUFF posted by Shirley Hess on Sunday, January 30, 2000
- Looking for info on Frank Fisher, father of Paul Franklin Fisher b. 1901 Sinnemahoning and Elsie Ellen Huff, also mother of Paul..
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Cameron County Home Page
© Cameron County Genealogy Project