- KEPHART, WATSON posted by Diane Coletti on Wednesday, October 1, 1997
- Daniel Kline KEPHART wife Marietta WATSON. He lived from 1850-1942.Died in Cameron County. My grandmother was Arvilla (one of several daughters). Would like to know his parents names. Daniel was a logger & trailblazer. Originally from Clearfield Co. I know nothing about Marietta(Etta)Watson Kephart.
- HAMILTON posted by Earl Nye on Wednesday, October 1, 1997
- looking for relatives of James R. HAMILTON, my great grandfather. who died in cameron county (emporium) @1912 I Think. He was a veteran of the civil war . he was a member of Post 241 G.A.R., Emporium . Thanks
- COLLEY posted by Marcy Pitkin on Wednesday, October 1, 1997
- COLLEY, Miranda and daughter Ida were said to have moved to Emporioum about September 1884 after the death of Miranda's husband William in Dushore, Sullivan County Aug. 1884. Any information would be helpful.
- VANDUSEN, VANDUSER posted by James Burns on Saturday, November 1, 1997
- Looking for information on Thomas S. VANDUSEN/VANDUSER who was in Cameron County PA from about 1900 until ?. Probably in Emporium or Rich Valley area according to newspaper articles. Need marriage to second wife Isetta ? VANDUSEN. Also any information on his death or Isetta's death. He was living in 1907, and that is the last information I have on him. Thanks Much Jim
- HINKIN posted by Rob Hinkin on Monday, December 1, 1997
- Hi, I am interested in any info on my surname HINKIN in Cameron county. Thanks,
- COLLERAN, FARRELL posted by Chrissy Morscher on Monday, December 1, 1997
- I am looking for information about James and Mary COLLERAN FARRELL and their children. The family lived in Sterling Run from approx. 1879-1892 and Emporium from approx. 1892-1955. My grandfather is Patrick J. Farrell.
- TOWERS posted by Bruce Towers on Monday, December 1, 1997
- TOWERS - Frederick Towers, born circa 1846 in Calais, Maine. Married Amy Trimble in Calais sometime between 1871 and 1880 and removed to Driftwood, Pennsylvania. Frederick and Amy had one infant son, Edward, who died in infancy and is buried in Driftwood. No further information is available, though the subsequent proliferation of Towers can't be soley attributable to his brother, George, who also relocated to Cameron County. Any and All information would be appreciated.
- MAXWELL, NEWELL posted by Don Walker on Monday, December 1, 1997
- Looking for info on William Altus MAXWELL. Born c.1820 Hudson Valley NY. Married Sarah Jane NEWELL. Probably lived in Benezette, Pa. when he died c.1912. Was a veteran of Mexican War (1st NY Vols) and CW (57th Pa. Vol. Inf.) Was at the Soldiers Home in Erie but returned to Benezette area in 1903. Was interviewed for an area paper in 1901. Would like to know any pertinent info.
- BENJAMIN, FALK, FREER, HART, KELLEY posted by Alice Henneberry on Wednesday, January 14, 1998
- I am researching the family of Simon and Melissa "Grandma Kelley" (BENJAMIN) KELLEY who lived in the Sterling Run area in the late 1800s. Simon, born 1861 in PA; Melissa, born 1871..place unknown. They had the following children: Frank F. (1893-1990); Marie M. (1902-1926); Leo (1905-1958); Simon E. (1909-?); Lucille (1912); Joseph (1915); Mabel, Emma, and Richard. I need marriage info for Marie. Her second? marriage was to Pete C. FREER. She had three children, Theressa FALK, Melissa "Jean" HART, and Sherman FREER (?). If anyone has further info/questions, please contact me.
- ENGLISH, HICKS posted by Lois James on Wednesday, January 14, 1998
- Lewis HICKS born in Benezett. Father listed as William.He was in the home of George and Rebecca ENGLISH possibly aunt or maybe sister in the 1850 census. He joined the civil war at 16 yrs and was honorably discharged. He married Dorthy Conway in Penfield  Eleven children were born [seven daughter and two sons servived at the time of his death in Penfield
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Cameron County Home Page
© Cameron County Genealogy Project