- BOWERS, HASSAN posted by Heather Bowers on Thursday, May 1, 1997
- BOWERS, Edward was born abt. 1839, came to America from Germany in 1847, possibly to NY. In 1861 he enlisted into the Civli WAR and received a pension, was discharched in 1863, which at that time he married a Mary. In 1880 Census he and Mary were listed in Elk Co., PA. In the 1890 Veteran Census he is listed in Cameron Co, PA. Also in the 1900 and 1910 Census. Edward died in April 1911 in Cameron Co, PA and is buried in the Gilmore Cemetery. Edward and Mary had two children that they adopted a Cami and a Joseph Edward Bowers. Joseph's birth name was Charles Augustine HASSAN, he was in the Erie, PA Orphenage in 1880. Joseph stayed with his adopted parents until they were both deceased in Cameron Co., PA. According to the 1900 census Mary had 5 children, I don't know there names as of yet, and would love too find out! So if anyone has any leads on this family please email me!
- BELDIN, UBER posted by Ron McGarvey on Thursday, May 1, 1997
- I am looking for information on the parents of Edward Otis UBER (b:11/20/1876, d:6/12/1972) he married Ella Mae BELDIN (b:12/15/1885, d:6/5/1971) on 11/12/1903. Both died in Emporium and might be buried in Moore Hill cemetery. They had 11 children and I have most information about them. Information on parents would be most helpful. Willing to provide what I have.
- TOWERS posted by Bruce Towers on Thursday, May 1, 1997
- I am trying to acquire information about one George TOWERS, born in St. Stephen, New Brunswick, Canada circa 1852. he supposedly relocated to Driftwood, Pennsylvania sometime after the Canadian 1871 Census. The Driftwood connection comes from my Great-Grandfather's memoirs, written in 1940. According to him, George was a Dog Trainer. No additional information was available. I find it hard to believe that my great-grandfather, who never traveled any further South than Connecticut would know that Driftwood, Pennsylvania existed, so I suspect there may be some truth to his claim. Can anyone help me tie up this loose end?
- BRITTON posted by Debbie Barrett on Sunday, June 1, 1997
- Looking for origins of Joseph BRITTON born ca. 1786 in NJ. Bought property in Shippen Township around 1822, and permanently removed family there in 1829. Had sons, Nathaniel, born ca. 1817; William, ca. 1823; Daniel, ca. 1829 (all in NJ) and son Thomas, born ca. 1837 in PA. Son Nathaniel left Cameron Co. in 1865, son William went to Clearfield Co., where he died in 1901, son's Daniel and Thomas stayed in Cameron Co. area. Had daughters as well, but no names have been recovered. Need any info available on any member of this family who remained in PA. Would love to share info on my branch of the family who left in 1865.
- HAMILTON, WALTERS posted by Debbie Stoner on Sunday, June 1, 1997
- HAMILTON and WALTERS: I'm looking for information regarding Elizabeth Hamilton who was born 17 July 1840 in Emporium. Her parents were William Hamilton and Mary Walters.
- TOWERS posted by Bruce Towers on Tuesday, July 1, 1997
- TOWERS - I am looking for a reputable researcher to expand on existing information for Frederick Towers of Sterling Run and George Washington Towers of Driftwood. Please forward any contact information or specifics to my E-Mail address, or Snail-Mail me at Bruce Towers 101 Scott Road Prospect, Connecticut 06712
- KUNES, LUCAS posted by Dave Hammaker on Friday, August 1, 1997
- Looking for information on Jacob and Hannah KUNES Jacob Kunes died near Driftwood and is burried in the Jerico Cemetery. Date of death July 11, 1867. He was living in Grove Twp in 1860 Census. His wife was Hannah LUCAS and she died at Round Island(where is this?) on May 11, 1863. She is also buried in Jerico Cemetery. Looking for any information on Jacob and Hannah Kunes as well as any information on their descendants.
- ROSIER, SHAFFER posted by Don Shaffer on Friday, August 1, 1997
- SHAFFER,Joseph Melvin, b:12/25/1871. Trying to get a line on his parents. This is my grandfather, and the only thing I know for sure is, He always stated he was born in Cameron, Cameron county,Penn. He married Eunice ROSIER around 1900. His headstone(located in Crosby Pa.) James Shaffer. So his 1st name may have been James. Don't know for sure. Any info you can send me would be happily received thanks Don Shaffer
- CHADWICK posted by Carol Brown on Monday, September 1, 1997
- CHADWICK, Ellen Louise (b 2/12/1852 Emporium PA) am looking for info on parents. She also reportedly was a school teacher before her marriage on 9/29/1885 in Costello, Potter County. Thanks
- BROWNLEE, CHADWICK posted by Carol Brown on Monday, September 1, 1997
- CHADWICK/BROWNLEE looking for info on "Austin Flood" occured 9/30/1911 when Bayless Paper Mill damm burst..may explain my missing family....
- BRADY, DIXON, HAINES, HUDSON, LYTLE, RALSTON, RICHARDS posted by Chuck Bush on Monday, September 1, 1997
- BRADY HAINES RALSTON LYTLE HUDSON DIXON RICHARDS Looking for any information on Mary BRADY b. ? York Co., PA. d. Oct. 1849 in Dunbar, Clearfield Co., PA m. to Samuel HAINES Sr. in York Co., PA. b. 1811 Chester Co. PA. d. ? York Co., PA. They had eight Children as follows: Jeremiah b. Oct 27, 1831 in either Cumberland or York Co. PA and married Ester Anne RALSTON 1850 in Clearfield Co. PA. Jacob nothing known about him James b. Dec 10, 1829 in York Co. PA d. ? m. 1853 Mathilda LYTLE Samuel b. 1838 Cumberland Co. PA d. Salisbury Prison NC (civil war) m. Sarah DIXON Mary b. 1834 Cumberland Co. PA d. Clearfield Co. PA m. John HUDSON Elizabeth b. 1843 Cumberland Co. d. 1858 in Clearfield Co. PA Adaline b. 1845 Cumberland Co. PA d. Cameron Co. PA m. ? DIXON Isaiah b.Oct 15, 1840 York Co. PA d. Feb 19, 1909 Clearfield Co. PA m. Malinda RICHARDS 1865
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Cameron County Home Page
© Cameron County Genealogy Project