At the beginning...
In 1784, William Robinson came to the U.S., and settled in Monroe Township in 1797. He built the first house on land that was to become the village bearing his name. The first schoolhouse there was built in 1808.
Robinson's son William was born in 1799 and became a blacksmith. He also became the first postmaster foe Robinsonville in 1847, remaining so until his death in 1874. Of William's three sons two died in the Civil War and the third, Job, became postmaster in 1874 and was also a storekeeper and justice of the peace.
Return to the Bedford County Town Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project