At the beginning...
George Bowser built the first house here in 1843. John Corl began a village named Marietta, in honor of his wife, and the lots were surveyed by William Griffith. In 1861, a post office was established with the name Pavia, after a town in Switzerland located first on a stream coming out of the mountains.
Return to the Bedford County Town Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project