At the beginning...
Lewis Wambaugh, a traveling shoemaker, was the first known resident of the area. The village dates only from 1847, when it was laid out on land owned by Jacob Adams. The first store was begun by John Lawrence, and the second by John M. Robinson. Lewis Turner was a tavern keeper, Daniel Raffensparger was a blacksmith, and Jacob Bowser a wagon maker.
Return to the Bedford County Town Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project