Bedford High School was first housed in the Common Schools building on South Juliana Street. The first and only person to graduate in 1888 was Lizzie Durbin.
The past 100 years have brought changes to Bedford High School now housed in a building on East John Street. Graduating in 1988 from the Bedford Area School District were 235 students. Bedford High School remains fond in the memories of all those who have taught at or attended this school, whether it was on South Juliana Street or on East John Street.
(Bedford, Pa. July 1, 1988.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project