Yellow Creek Presbyterian Church was organized by Rev. White, its first pastor, under whose ministry the house of worship was erected in 1842. Among the first members were the Pipers, Loys, Longs, Irvings and others. John Piper and George Long were the first elders. Among the pastors, following Rev. White, have been Revs. Elliott, Banks, Bowles and Lawrence. Rev. Wilhelm is the present pastor (in 1884). Saxton, Riddlesburg, Waterside and Yellow creek form one pastoral charge. The membership, once large, is now quite small (1884).
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, pp. 350.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project