St Luke's Reformed Church at New Pariswas organized by Rev. N. H. Skyles, assisted by Rev. W. M. Deatrick, in 1867, with nine members. The first church officers were: Conrad H. Otto and Conrad Otto, elders; B. F. Hoenstine and John G. Feight, deacons. The church edifice, a frame building, was erected in 1867, at a cost of twelve hundred dollars. The church numbers thirty-four members, and is a part of the Schellsburg charge.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pennsylvania, Chicago: Waterman, Watkins & Co., p. 282 (Napier Twp.))
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project