(Cessna Station, Bedford Twp., Bedford Co., Pa.)
Historical Account: It was organized in the fall of 1868, and until 1874 meetings were held in what was termed the Union Church edifice. During the latter year a house of worship was constructed at a cost of two thousand four hundred dollars. The members of this congregation were twenty-three in number. The church is included in the St. Clairsville charge, Rev. J. M. Rice, pastor. Among early members were Elizabeth Taylor, W. C. Wisegarver and J. T. Anderson.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pennsylvania, 1884, Waterman, Watkins & Co., p. 269.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project