The first church edifice erected in Hopewell township was a log building, which stood on the site now occupied by the Yellow Creek Reformed church. It was a union church, built by general subscription. It was probably erected as early as 1826, as there are gravestones in the churchyard bearing that date. The building passed into the ownership of the Reformed congregation, which in 1843 erected the stone church now standing (in 1884). The church belongs to the Pattonville charge.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, pp. 350.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project