Millertown Church.- The church at Millertown was built as a union house in 1866, and was owned by the United Brethren, the Lutherans and the Evangelical denominations. In 1857 the Evangelical association purchased the house. The United Brethren still worship here. Both denominations have but few members. The first Evangelical preacher in this neighborhood was Rev. Strayer; the first United Brethren, Rev. John Sidman.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pennsylvania, Chicago: Waterman, Watkins & Co., p. 281-2 (Napier Twp.))
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project