The Methodists of Hopewell township probably formed a class as early as 1830. Meetings were held in schoolhouses and dwellings about 1855, when the Bedford Forge chapel was erected. The membership is small (in 1884). The appointment belongs to the Saxton circuit. The first preacher was Rev. Parkerson.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, pp. 350.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project