History: Bethel church was organized by Elders Smith and Pennell in 1845. They were succeeded in the pastorate by Elders Miller, Cooper, Logue, Sipes and Garland, the last two now officiating (in 1884). It has a good house and a strong membership.
(Source: History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 385.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project