Zion congregation of the Reformed church, Rainsburg, was organized during the pastorate of Rev. D. M. Whitmore, with about forty members from the old Friendís Cove church. A house of worship was begun in 1879 and dedicated December 19, 1880. Its size is 35x50 feet, and it cost two thousand three hundred and fifty dollars. The first church officers were: Elders--James Rawlings, Harvey Shaffer and Gideon C. Filler; deacons--Frederick Filler and A. J. Pennell.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 358.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project