: Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church of Friendís cove was probably organized about the same time with the Reformed congregation. The two denominations erected the log church and the old brick church already mentioned. Zion congregation was formerly a part of Bedford charge; later it was connected with the Everett church under one pastor; it now forms a distinct charge, comprising the Friendís Cove and the Rainsburg churches. There are about one hundred members belonging to the charge. The following is believed to be a correct list of pastors in the order of succession: Revs. Hunder, Tieterman, Muckenhaupt, William Yeager (1819), Adam Height, Reuben Weiser, Peter M. Rightmyer, Jeremiah A. Fishburn, Frederick A. Barnitz, Koontz, William B. Bechtel, G. C. Probst, Philip Doerr, J. M. Graybill, A. J. B. Kast and J. W. Reese.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 358.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project