History: The Yeager Memorial Evangelical Lutheran church of Rainsburg is one of the finest church edifices in Bedford county. It was erected in 1880-1 at a cost of nine thousand dollars. The building is of brick, and finely finished and furnished throughout. It is two stories in height and 38x65 feet in ground dimensions. The church was erected during the pastorate of Rev. J. W. Reese. The building committee consisted of David Shaffer, Henry Shaffer, S. P. Kegg and G. W. Barclay.
The congregation is a branch of Zion or the old brick church in the cove. Rev. J. W. Reese was pastor, 1880-3.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 358.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project