History: The Woodberry Methodist Episcopal church is an old organization. The first church edifice was erected in 1844, and was used until the brick church was completed. The new building, a tasteful and elegant brick structure, was erected in 1882-3, at a cost of about four thousand dollars. The congregation consists of about fifty members and is a part of the Martinsburg charge.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., 1884, Waterman, Watkins & Co., pp. 295.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project