: Waterside Presbyterian church was organized November 9, 1880, by a committee of Huntingdon presbytery, with seventeen members. Joseph E. Noble, Thomas Border and B. D. Kochenderfer were elected deacons. The pastors have been Rev. J. V. Boal, Rev. E. P. Foresman and Rev. John C. Wilhelm. The church was erected in 1872, at a cost of eighteen hundred dollars. The present membership is about sixty. The original members received certificates of dismission from the Yellow Creek church for the purpose of organizing this congregation.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 308.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project