: Saint Paulís Reformed Church of Bedford township was organized in the year 1862 by Rev. Henry Heckerman, and among its original members were Henry Koontz, Andrew Mellon, David Zimmers, Henry Koontz, Jr., Jacob Zimmers, William Koontz, John Koontz, David E. Zimmers, George W. Zimmers and A. J. Wisegarver. Mr. Heckerman continued in charge until October, 1871, when Rev. Ellis N. Kremer assumed the pastorate, remaining until October, 1881. Since the latter date Rev. C. S. Slagel has officiated as pastor. The present members of the congregation are seventy in number. In 1870 a church edifice was built at a cost of one thousand nine hundred and fifty dollars.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 269.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project