: A Methodist class was formed in 1853, under the ministerial labors of Rev. S. V. Blake. William Hartley was the first class-leader, and he and his brother, J. G. Hartley, were the leaders in organizing and building the church. The house was repaired about ten years ago (about 1874) by Mr. J. G. Hartley. It is a neat and tasteful little church. The membership is small.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 274.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project