History: The first church in Robinsonville was built by the Methodist Episcopal congregation in 1880, at a cost of one thousand two hundred dollars, during the pastorate of Rev. J. W. Rhue.
Early meetings were held by various denominations in dwellings and in schoolhouses. Among the first ministers in the township were Revs. Jacobs, Heeps, Comber and Proctor.
An organization of Methodist Protestants has been maintained for several years. The house of worship, known as Stevensí chapel, is located in the northeastern part of Monroe township.
(Source: History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 388.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project