Hyndman Reformed church, a part of the Willís Creek charge, was organized with twenty members in September, 1881. Meetings were held in the Disciplesí church until a house of worship was erected. The building was completed and dedicated in May, 1882. Its cost, including bell, was seventeen hundred dollars. Rev. S. T. Wagner, the present pastor, labored here while the church was building. The first church officers were F. S. Cook, elder, and W. H. Miller, deacon. Present membership (1884) of the church, thirty-three.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 373-4.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project