: This is one of the many early church organizations of which no records exist. A class was formed many years ago, which met for a number of years prior to the erection of the Union church at the house of Charles McLaughlin. The appointment was formerly a part of the Bloody Run circuit. It is now on the Ray’s Hill circuit, and has a fair membership, manifesting a good interest (in 1884).
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 329.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project