: The Ray’s Hill Christian conference was organized in 1846, with the following charter members: Jeduthun Williams, John Ramsey, Elisha Gardner, John Smith, James Pennell, L. J. Foor, G. W. Tillett and B. A. cooper. Since its organization, the following have been members: Abraham Miller, Samuel Logue, James Rollins, John T. McKinney, John N. McDaniel, Joseph Barney, Michael B. Miller, Asbury K. Browning, William H. Clark, James W. Troutman, John H. Barney, Isaiah Jennings, John Jennings, Joseph H. Swaney, Silas W. Richardson, Elijah Shipley, John L. Schuck, Mason L. Sipes, William C. Garland and A. R. Garland.
The total membership of the Christian church in Bedford county is about one thousand (in 1884).
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 330.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project