History: One of the few log churches still standing is the Reformed church of Ray’s cove, built in 1850. It has not been used by the congregation for many years, but is still occupied by the Dunkards occasionally. Valentine Metz, Thomas H. Grove and the Nycums were among the early members. Rev. Dietrich was one of the first pastors, and Rev. Cramer the last.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 330.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project